You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Driftwood1844

Interesting read on the USS Washington

32 comments in this topic

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
19,850 battles

yeah way too many already ! ! !

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,418 posts
10,140 battles

A Washington premium would have to come with a special captain, Willis Augustus "Ching" Lee Jr. 

• Cool 3

[TBOW]
Members
1,214 posts
11,342 battles

A Tier 8 BB with Atlanta Radar? I would be OK with this. Washington is the only USN BB to go one on one with an IJN BB during the war, and kicked its Tier V butt!

What's not to love?

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,941 posts
3,895 battles
6 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

A Tier 8 BB with Atlanta Radar? I would be OK with this. Washington is the only USN BB to go one on one with an IJN BB during the war, and kicked its Tier V butt!

What's not to love?

No if you really want to highlight the seal clubber nature of this ship, it needs special MM that makes it top tier every game.

A tier 8 premium that never sees tier 10? See how hot that sells, WG.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Members
93 posts
14,516 battles
12 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

A Washington premium would have to come with a special captain, Willis Augustus "Ching" Lee Jr. 

Also a long lasting radar.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,941 posts
3,895 battles
4 minutes ago, ET1_Allen said:

Also a long lasting radar.

Don't need radar to shoot a Kongo in this game. It's not necessary.

Beta Testers
596 posts
7,282 battles

Nothing against a new ship, but we already have the Alabama, Massachusetts and the North Carolina.  WG needs to focus on ships that aren't in the game yet IMHO

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,471 posts
7,668 battles
1 hour ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/why-japan-feared-battleship-uss-washington-28917

They should release a USS Washington premium version of the NC. 

NC.jpg

but what would her gimmick be then? we already have Mass with its secondaries, and T8 is where US ships really start getting the powerful AA, NC is already pretty stealthy, i dont think theres a gimmick left for another T8 USN BB premium, other than radar(which is honestly silly to have on a BB in the game) or the Rn super heal, but thats all i can think of

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,941 posts
3,895 battles
2 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

but what would her gimmick be then? we already have Mass with its secondaries, and T8 is where US ships really start getting the powerful AA, NC is already pretty stealthy, i dont think theres a gimmick left for another T8 USN BB premium, other than radar(which is honestly silly to have on a BB in the game) or the Rn super heal, but thats all i can think of

I think I cracked it already.

40 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

No if you really want to highlight the seal clubber nature of this ship, it needs special MM that makes it top tier every game.

A tier 8 premium that never sees tier 10? See how hot that sells, WG.

Disclaimer: Not serious. But since people want to lean so hard on "Fought Kirishima", well, highlighting that seems like the only history-based gimmick you can give it.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Bad 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,941 posts
3,895 battles
28 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

How about drop her to t7 with Mass secondaries and radar. 

Because downtiering ships to be premiums is stupid and they've already done it four times too many.

EDIT: Looks like I upset some BB main's poor, sensitive snowflake soul and he has to go and downvote every post I've made today. Have fun, cupcake.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 4

Members
106 posts
7,326 battles

How about main battery reload booster that causes its reload to be 10 secs and call it "holy crap their right next to us!" lolol

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,590 posts
3,603 battles

I would love to see her as a T6 or T7 Proto-NC with the 12 14"/50 guns in 3 quad turrets 

[GWG]
[GWG]
17,418 posts
10,140 battles
5 hours ago, tcbaker777 said:

Radar with a long duration. 

Members
1,193 posts
3,156 battles
10 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Radar with a long duration. 

No.

Radar duration is pretty much the ONLY factor that is causing all of the radar problems. We need shorter duration, not longer duration. 

Edited by CarbonButtprint

Members
579 posts
10 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

No.

Radar duration is pretty much the ONLY factor that is causing all of the radar problems. We need shorter duration, not longer duration. 

We need Longer Duration and Longer Reach.

or Radar Lock {dispersion related}

[GWG]
[GWG]
17,418 posts
10,140 battles
17 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

No.

I mentioned it because Lee played the Washington's radar like a concert violinist.

On radar what about giving smoke an additional buff to dispersion as if it was super camo. Most of the ships that are being impacted by radar have smoke and I would think they would appreciate their not being hit as easily.

[TDRB]
Members
1,801 posts
6,089 battles

While I'm not saying we need another the South Dakota, should be the next US BB to become part of the game. While the Washington got the kill it was the South Dakota actions in the battle with the Kirishima that should be remembered. Even with an electrical outage the South Dakota stayed in the battle, drew fire and used its steering to aim & fire at the Kirishima. The Washington was able to set back and fire at will as the Japanese were focused on the SD.  The South Dakota also had Calvin Graham, a twelve year-old boy who was able to sneak into the Navy on board at the time of the battle.

[JASH]
Members
3,602 posts
9,145 battles

Something completely stupid broken because it's the end-times anyway so why not?

[_-_]
Members
1,572 posts
11 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

Admiral Lee was not her captain at Guadalcanal.  Captain Glenn B. Davis was. Ching Lee was the commander of TF64 at the time.

Not to disparage Adm Lee, who was Halsey's battleship guy until May '45.  He's one of my favorites, along with Norman Scott and Jesse Oldendorf.

Edited by TF77
Grammar
  • Cool 2

[DAB]
Members
1,995 posts
6,846 battles

I say finish off the Iowa class first and add New Jersey, then Wisconsin. I would love to play a ship I actually set foot on.