Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
YamatoA150

FB Dev Blog: Molybdenum and Copper Explanation

6 comments in this topic

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,619 posts
3,724 battles

Source.

A little while ago in our dev blog we’ve announced adding two new resources: “molybdenum” and “copper”. A lot of players in the comments were concerned about us being too involved with the game's economics but not the gameplay. According to these players opinions there is a chance that in the future the game could have too many resources and it would be impossible to sort them out. We would like to clear the air and tell you why it’s necessary to have these two new resources.

Technically and according to implementation, molybdenum and copper are resources, but the fact is that it’s more like a player’s skill representation. It’s possible to get them for winning in Typhoon league (molybdenum) and for reaching 1st rank (copper). Players who constantly get to the 1st rank and battle in Typhoon league will now be able to show their skill by highlighting Flint, Black or Stalingrad with unique camouflage which you can buy for copper and molybdenum.

These resources are impossible to convert in any other one. For every passed ranked season, where players reach 1st rank or for clan season, where players have 30 victories in Typhoon league, 1 copper or 1 molybdenum will be given respectively.

Players who have already got camouflages Mustang for Flint and Crocodile for Black, will receive 6 units of copper less.

Edited by YamatoA150
  • Cool 2

[TBOW]
Members
1,214 posts
11,342 battles

The concept of having special cosmetic rewards for competitive gameplay is better than the concept of having ships given out for the same thing. 

Although, I think there should be other avenues for collecting that are accessible to the majority of players, who for whatever their circumstances, do not rank with the top level players, but deserve to enjoy the game and with their purchases and enthusiasm, support the company's bottom line.  

To this point I have not been impressed by the necessity of ranking out or of having one's whole clan win 30 games in Typhoon to obtain steel to get access to ships that have in some cases, advantages over ships to which regular players have access. This is not an equitable system, to my mind and I think in the long run will impact World of Warships in a less than positive way.  

• Cool 1

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles

oh lord, if WG thought the [edited] about dev time and multiple currencies was bad, wait till the masses find out they cant get these cosmetic items unless they are "unicum", i assure you a crapstorm will ensue.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
348 posts
4,174 battles

Why call them new resources then?  Just reward tokens for the achievements that can then be exchanged for the camos.  Keep things simple.  Not that I will ever see them...

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,983 posts
4,845 battles

"Oh hey mom, I'm not gonna go out tonight...I gotta log in and try and score some Moly."

• Funny 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,330 posts
7,444 battles

Ships should NEVER be gated rewards.  
This is what should have been done resource wise for competitive at the beginning. Having cosmetic only rewards for the competitive modes are what successful games have done and are doing. Far more successful games have gated attribute based rewards and their pop sunk (no pun) as a result. With this resource added, Stalingrad should be made available to all, otherwise the wallets stay locked

Edited by zarth12
  • Boring 1

Sign in to follow this