You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
YamatoA150

Pin-Up: Trailer and Full Video - World of Warships Turns 3!

64 comments in this topic

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,651 posts
3,735 battles

From the makers who brought you Torpedo, Naval Legends, Armada, Collaborations, Naval Nonsense, and Puka Puka Fleet, comes a new musical, Pin-Up! Coming soon to a YouTube near you! 

Disclaimer: It isn't anime, so it should be safe for pure, conservative, NA Players.

EDIT: IT'S LIVE!

Synopsis: When you're out at sea too long without even a risqué magazine, you start seeing things.

Edited by YamatoA150
  • Funny 2

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,002 posts
3,895 battles

Oh man, I can't wait for the comments to be tolerant and open-minded about this one.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Members
4,709 posts
7,120 battles
6 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Oh man, I can't wait for the comments to be tolerant and open-minded about this one.

Disgusting.  Immoral. I feel violated. Etc. etc. blah blah :Smile_glasses:

• Funny 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,002 posts
3,895 battles
2 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Disgusting.  Immoral. I feel violated. Etc. etc. blah blah :Smile_glasses:

I fully expect most of this forum to sing its praises in an unironic manner.

• Bad 1

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,482 posts
14,436 battles

Outstanding! Looking forward to seeing the finished video!

And yes the nay sayers and wet blankets will be out in abundance complaining just because they need to complain!

• Bad 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,651 posts
3,735 battles
3 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

I don't know, at least it involves real women, and is a sort of musical taking elements of the Hail Caesar dance, adding in a bit of Russian no-twerking, and tossing in some Mamma Mia on the decks.

It's also supposedly more "worksafe", so those browsing the forums while at work can watch it safely without fear of being questioned.

On a hilarious side note, what if this musical is the only big thing they have to advertise the game at Gamescom? It at least covers CVs, even if the CV rework isn't due out until late 2018/early 2019.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,002 posts
3,895 battles
6 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

I don't know, at least it involves real women, and is a sort of musical taking elements of the Hail Caesar dance, adding in a bit of Russian no-twerking, and tossing in some Mamma Mia on the decks.

It's also supposedly more "worksafe", so those browsing the forums while at work can watch it safely without fear of being questioned.

On a hilarious side note, what if this musical is the only big thing they have to advertise the game at Gamescom? It at least covers CVs, even if the CV rework isn't due out until late 2018/early 2019.

Yeah it looks great. I'm just waiting for the rest of the forum to chime in with similar sentiments and highlight their raging hypocrisy by loving a video that objectifies real women in tight/sexy outfits despite it being completely counter to their opinions on any Japanese content that doesn't even do half of the same male-gaze garbage this gets away with.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Alpha Tester
2,171 posts
23 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

I do hope it's as good as this. :Smile_Default:

[WGA]
Administrator
908 posts
384 battles

Folks we do want feedback on this topic, however please keep the forum guidelines in mind when posting.  Thank you!

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

Ladies, dancing, and boats? Seems like a winner to me.

Wait, wut! There were boats in that vid? :Smile_amazed:

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
1,446 posts
8,879 battles
1 hour ago, mobryan said:

The world needs more Vargas girls.

That is all.

Matt

Vargas was an amazing talent.

Supertester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

Vargas is fun.

I've always liked Gil Elvgren.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,034 posts
7,976 battles
1 hour ago, bfk_ferlyfe said:

As a forum member, I am disgusted by anything others like/find interesting.

unsubtle.

but, there are things that, common to many societies, we agree, are out of bounds/taboo. What these 'things' are, is a continually evolving subject, formed through community debate. Saying "I don't like this" is part of that continuing evolution/regression.

[RLENT]
Members
56 posts
3,626 battles

Meh..I personally dont have anything against some fan service. i hope its not getting as cringeworthy as that metal video.

However, woman with red lip sticks are a total turn off for me...so i guess i will pass on this one.:etc_hide_turtle:

Edited by Katakis

[NOBUL]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
3 hours ago, Radar_X said:

Folks we do want feedback on this topic, however please keep the forum guidelines in mind when posting.  Thank you!

To be quite honest, I like the trailer. It's something different that is done tastefully, and should be a pretty good promotion for the game in its final form.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
586 posts
1,216 battles

While I love well-produced videos, I wonder what the cost-benefit ratio is going to look like on this one and whether that money could have been used more wisely.  On the other hand, if whales are funding this and WG isn't hurting financially and CV rework is ahead of schedule...go for it!

Members
3,042 posts
1,915 battles
4 hours ago, Radar_X said:

Ah, you again. You've got a cool name, and the help you give is downright freezing with coolness. :Smile_great: