Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FlakKnight

Most fun way to grind credits?

28 comments in this topic

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
529 posts
3,026 battles

What's everyone's favorite non-Missouri way of grinding credits?

I don't want to simply complain, because maybe I'm missing something, but I seem to often be massively short credits despite using econ flags/camos/premium and usually skimping on premium consumables.  My RoI on premium ship battles seems low to the point that I get bored super quickly with them, as a single good battle even with my Derpitz with all the econ mods I can find rarely even pays enough to buy a T7+ module.  Do I need a clan with people in it?  Better premiums? Group of people to spam some overly farmable operation?  Just quit if you're a have-not without the Missouri as they continue to dump in new currencies you'll never catch up on so why bother?

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,576 posts
2,611 battles

You can grind credits without a missouri?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[HYDRO]
Members
2,215 posts
4,185 battles

That's why your credit earner needs to be a ship you won't get bored easily, it will rather be your workhorse. An added benefit will be helping train your Commanders to 19 points.

However if you are running premium with the 50% extra credits, flags and econ camo dunno how credit earning is an issue. :Smile_hiding:

Members
20,691 posts
5,599 battles

Shell out for premium, and break out some stockpiled bonus credit camo and signals, and play my favorite T6-7s.

And after prepping my ships, make myself forget that I'm grinding credits.....

[ARGSY]
Members
7,912 posts
5,442 battles
17 minutes ago, FlakKnight said:

What's everyone's favorite non-Missouri way of grinding credits?

Tier 6 premiums for me. Warspite, Gallant, Anshan, etc. Good money, remarkably low service costs compared with Tier 8. Continuous play exclusively at tier 8 and above requires either consistent excellent results or premium time.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
177 posts
6,566 battles

Mine is Minotaur with perm camo and some flags. Even in a bad game, will still net 200k. I have had at least 2 games where i got over a million credits.

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,473 posts
14,389 battles

@FlakKnight I do not have a Missouri but I do have 96 ships most of which are tier 7 down. I currently have 300+ million credits and have had 500+million at times. I have no problem making credits in random tier 7 and down battles but if I really feel the need to grind I take my best ships and 19 pt captains into co op and play until I tire of filling my need for greed!

[WOLF1]
Members
2,301 posts

most fun way is don't "grind" for it, just play whatever you enjoy, if you don't enjoy then what's the point playing this game

[PLPT]
Members
818 posts
7,866 battles

Your favorite T7’s of course. Above T8 is no money and below T6 or so is not enough.  T8 probably nets the most but T7 has better matchmaking.

Edited by n00bot

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
914 posts
5,474 battles

For me it's been the NdJ that's for sale now. I'm okay with cruisers but that thing is a beast. It's great at doing damage which translate into credits. With premium it's common to earn 500,000 credits a game. The heal on it is awesome and it can keep you in the match which again translates to more damage = more credits. I only recommend getting it if your good at cruisers and know how to exploit their strengths. 

[HINON]
Supertester
20,086 posts
13,526 battles

Musashi.

Smacking overrated Missouri's around is an added bonus.

• Funny 2

[DANKY]
Members
689 posts
1,938 battles

Atlanta!  The hump while you learn how to play the danged ship is brutal, but then it gets hella fun. 

You just gotta remember not to get too anxious about contributing in the first 5m of a match.  Be patient, because when you get in a bad position it can be incredibly hard to get back out of it. 

[AWP]
Members
785 posts
3,318 battles

If you can afford it and don’t have it, invest in premium time. Most of the time with camo and some eco signals I can earn a few hundred thousand credits a game if I do well. Premium ships: Tirpitz, Massachusetts, Harekaze, Musashi, and Kron. Really any tier 8 premium you do well in can bring 300k+ if you don’t have a bad game. Sometimes they bring in 1+ million  

[HINON]
Supertester
20,086 posts
13,526 battles
2 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Out of curiosity Lert, is there like a minimum XP for a tier 8 premium BB where at that point you can only make credits? Like as long as you score x amount of base XP you can not lose credits? Do you happen to know what that is? I ran into a interesting player last night, and just wanted to play detective for a bit.

XP and credits are awarded for different things and have no direct 1:1 correlation.

Credits is rewarded mostly for damage, with modifiers for relative tier and % of enemy ship. XP is awarded for things like capping, spotting, etc, with a 50% bonus for winning.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,086 posts
13,526 battles
Just now, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Hmm. Im guessing the calculations are not public? Mostly for the credits Im interested.

Correct. Even what I said is "We're pretty sure this is how it works".

[WOLF5]
Members
348 posts
6,557 battles
1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

Operations

For clarifications, operations such as Hermes and Cherry Blossom.  If you try to make money in Ultimate F.U. (Frontier) you'll probably be disappointed.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,351 posts
14,133 battles
53 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

If you can afford it and don’t have it, invest in premium time. Most of the time with camo and some eco signals I can earn a few hundred thousand credits a game if I do well. Premium ships: Tirpitz, Massachusetts, Harekaze, Musashi, and Kron. Really any tier 8 premium you do well in can bring 300k+ if you don’t have a bad game. Sometimes they bring in 1+ million  

If you survive the uptier :)

BTW it's a trick question … "fun" and "grind" are contradictory terms unless you're in a strip club

Members
100 posts
2,503 battles

The most important thing is finding a ship you enjoy playing, and to get good at it. Credit grinding takes a lot of battles, so you need to find a ship you are very comfortable in and don't mind playing over and over and over and over and over...

Higher tiers get more credits overall, but keep in mind that the repair costs are also significantly higher. If you want to make a profit in a tier X ship you may want to buy a permanent camouflage to cut down those costs. Dollar-for-dollar, premium time is probably the best value for any sort of grinding, just make sure you keep a stock of signals too.

I don't really know what ship I would grind credits in if I didn't have the MO. Probably the Tirpitz or Atago.

[OGU]
Members
24 posts
4,971 battles

A mix of Operations with economy flags and playing my Kidd in Co-op (it's generally quick and easy).  DDs are great in Co-op because I charge in, hide in smoke right outside of a cap (or where a cap would be), take out a DD or two and then charge in an torp the BBs within 3km or Cruisers if there aren't any BBs.  I average 3 kills doing this per co-op match.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this