You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

30 comments in this topic

Members
2,425 posts
6,704 battles

Last time I was being a troll in my Worcester, I asked how much damage people had done in a match without taking any return at all.

well this time I want to ask the forums: how many citadels have you dished out in a match? because I think I just set my record:

dWk9MPL.jpg

anyone ever gotten more in a match?

Members
3,971 posts
6,687 battles

I don't see how people get double digits - I think my most is 5 either in the Alsace or Missouri.  I think the most I have had in a salvo is 2.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,419 posts
10,140 battles
3 minutes ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

Last time I was being a troll in my Worcester, I asked how much damage people had done in a match without taking any return at all.

well this time I want to ask the forums: how many citadels have you dished out in a match? because I think I just set my record:

dWk9MPL.jpg

tumblr_inline_p38qhfaTQd1rlsbgj_500.gif

2 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

I don't see how people get double digits - I think my most is 5 either in the Alsace or Missouri.  I think the most I have had in a salvo is 2.

I got 14 with the Black Swan when screwing around in co-op some time back.

[S0L0]
Members
973 posts
5,189 battles

I think my highest overall was 20 or so, with old Orlan during one of the Corgi events. My highest percentage of Cits/Hits is 50%. With a Mikasa... 4 main battery hits in the game, 2 cits.

Matt

[SYJ]
[SYJ]
Members
1,577 posts
2,611 battles
10 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Bb cits and cruiser cits aren't the same thing. If a cruiser pops around a corner to a broadside dm, easy cits... bbs might over penetrate. Also they have less guns and longer reloads

Edited by _1204_

Members
98 posts
3,900 battles
1 minute ago, _1204_ said:

Bb cits and cruiser cits aren't the same thing. If a cruiser pops around a corner to a broadside dm, easy cits... bbs might over penetrate. Also they have less guns and longer reloads

The biggest difference imo, would be that getting citadel'd by a BB hurts a lot more than a Citadel hit from a CL/CA. 

What might take my Repbulique 3 cits to kill, Could take my Worcester upwards of 10 cits to kill. (Shooting at a cruiser of course)

Members
2,425 posts
6,704 battles
7 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

that's basically what happened here, Moskva at less than 2km steams around corner, dev striked from at least a dozen citadels before he knows what's happened lol

[SF-A]
Members
2,974 posts
6,097 battles

I had something like 25 or 30 one time, because I caught a triple-div of Emeralds broadside to my Mahan. Fun times...

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
7,925 posts
5,442 battles
15 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I got 14 with the Black Swan

The Minotaur's Mini-Me!

• Funny 1

[WOLFC]
[WOLFC]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
615 posts
7,748 battles
20 minutes ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

dWk9MPL.jpg

Wow, nice job.  No one could accuse you of HE spam with only one fire (I mean, less than usual :))

I'll need to look when I get home, but maybe 10? likely in the Budy, Molotov or Pensacola...for irony.

Members
1,478 posts
10 battles
34 minutes ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

dWk9MPL.jpg

What the heck are you citadeling with 6 inch guns? If you are getting those on heavy cruisers and battleships than the Worcester needs a serious nerf. 

Members
2,425 posts
6,704 battles
1 minute ago, UssIowaSailor said:

What the heck are you citadeling with 6 inch guns? If you are getting those on heavy cruisers and battleships than the Worcester needs a serious nerf. 

broadside Minotaur at approx 6km and a Broadside Moskva at approx 2km. at that range, even 6 inch AP will hit citadel a lot of Heavy cruisers. fear not.... Worcester is very Balans comrade

[REVY]
Members
1,068 posts
8,334 battles
39 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Depending on the ship, some DDs can citadel broadside cruisers and on rarer occasions a BB. The shells don't do a whole lot of damage, but it still counts as a citadel pen.

Some of the faster firing cruisers like Seattle, Worchester, and even Atlanta can get multiple citadel hits in depending on the situation.

Members
1,478 posts
10 battles
12 minutes ago, 212thAttackBattalion said:

broadside Minotaur at approx 6km and a Broadside Moskva at approx 2km. at that range, even 6 inch AP will hit citadel a lot of Heavy cruisers. fear not.... Worcester is very Balans comrade

lol than you have to ask the question, why would anyone in a minno turn broadside to you........must have failed there way to the top.

Members
3,305 posts
1,449 battles

1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

tumblr_inline_p38qhfaTQd1rlsbgj_500.gif

I got 14 with the Black Swan when screwing around in co-op some time back.

Best I've gotten is 11.

Members
3,971 posts
6,687 battles
1 hour ago, _1204_ said:

I have many a game in CAs - never came close to doing 4 as far as I can remember.  The BBs are just more consistent with cits than any other ship I have played.  I don't have a ton of premium ships - not sure if that makes that much of a difference in reality.

[JASH]
Members
3,602 posts
9,145 battles

The most I remember offhand from recent was 16 playing Des Moines in a random on Land of Fire. 

[ZIPPO]
Members
1,590 posts
3,603 battles

I did 15 a week ago in my Clemson, a Kuma and a Phoenix tried to torp me in smoke and ripped them apart since they decided to stay broadside to me. Then I got some more in a Langley to finish the game

[ARGSY]
Members
1,711 posts
10,027 battles
1 hour ago, HazardDrake said:

16 IIRC, when a Neptune decided to come around broadside to my Groz.

I caught a Neptune in my Grozovoi for a humungous basket of fresh cits just a few days ago. Delish.

My record in a game is 22 in the Leningrad, all earned against Atlantas.