You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_ENO_

Free look... over correcting?

12 comments in this topic

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

I’ve noticed this recently- I’ll free look around about 180 or so but when I release the mouse button it snaps like 360- then back again. Very disorientating. 

I’m  running a pretty beefy system with a 1080ti so that will not be the issue. 

Anyone else experiencing this lately? Ie: since last patch?

Members
5,121 posts
5,949 battles

Yep, I've been noticing this too. It's almost as if the camera looks in the complete opposite direction from where you're armament was locked, before returning to that position when you release RMB to exit free look.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,831 posts
7,976 battles
1 minute ago, _ENO_ said:

I’ve noticed this recently- I’ll free look around about 180 or so but when I release the mouse button it snaps like 360- then back again. Very disorientating. 

Yes happens to me about every other game, mine usually ends up zoomed in facing opposite of we’re I was looking and takes time to reaquire the target 

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,230 posts
4,106 battles

Glad to know Im not the only one with this problem...was starting to think my PC or my video card were on the blink. Ive found that its more disorienting if you fight it and try to reacquire the target yourself--more 'snap'. If you just release RMB it just takes a couple of seconds to reorient and reacquire by itself.

Community Department
2,333 posts
597 battles

Thanks for information. We are still investigating this issue. I'll tell you info if tickets with any additional info needed.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,351 posts
14,133 battles
34 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

Yep, tm63au has another post about lag spikes as well and other issues related 

The Hamsters are getting old, fat and lazy - or maybe they're dead lol

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
1 hour ago, turbo07 said:

Thanks for information. We are still investigating this issue. I'll tell you info if tickets with any additional info needed.

I'll record a few games since I'm not sure it'll be captured in the replay. Will post. It's pretty easy to recreate... 

Of course now I won't be able to- but I'll try.

• Cool 1

[5IN]
Members
1,917 posts
8,910 battles

I'm glad it's not just me.  It's really annoying, but I chalked it up to my mouse being weird or something.  

B

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
4 hours ago, turbo07 said:

The video link is here- see the commentary for time stamps if you're not interested in the game. This is on a vanilla client. I just uploaded it so it may take a bit before the higher def variants come out. 

Rough specs: 

i7 6700k

16GB of RAM

1080ti

M.2 drive. 

Edited by _ENO_

Community Department
2,333 posts
597 battles

Ok, thanks everyone for the information. The bug has been created. No additional info needed. 
We'll fix it in future updates. At the moment I can't say specific date. 
Locking.