Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
renegadestatuz

Dev Blog - ST Stalingrad changes

118 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
7,641 posts
7,913 battles

ST. Soviet Cruiser Stalingrad Tier X

Basic visibility changed from 18.72 to 18.12 km. Visibility during firing in a smoke from Main Battery has been reduced from 15.58 to 14.87 km.

“Defensive AA Fire” consumable has been added to the extra slot:

Number of charges: 2 (Defensive AA Fire l) and 3 (Defensive AA Fire ll).
Reload time: 240 (Defensive AA Fire l) and 180 (Defensive AA Fire ll).
Duration: 60 seconds.
AA damage increase: +100%.
These are final changes and soon this ship will be added to the Arsenal for steel exchange. We would like to sum up and anounnce the cruisers final statistics.

Stalingrad is a heavy cruiser with an impressive 305 mm caliber and significant combat capacity – 72 450. The ship has two types of ammunition: High-explosive (HE) and Armor-piercing (AP).

HE characteristics:

Initial velocity – 950 m/sec; maximum damage – 4500; chance of fire – 33%.
AP characteristics:

Initial velocity – 950 m/sec; maximum damage – 9200; Reduced shell arming threshold – 34 mm; improved ricochet angle settings: automatic ricochet happens at 65 degrees and possible ricochet may happen at 55 degrees.
Reload time – 20 seconds, Sigma value of 2.65. The ship has the same dispersion ellipse as Graf Spee. It’s more than an average cruiser has, but less in comparison to a typical battleship. Maximum firing range - 20 350 meters.

Armour – 25 mm. It’s worth mentioning that armour of casemate and the forward armour belt is 50 mm and with good citadel armour. This gives good potential to avoid damage from cruisers high-explosive shells and even ricochet the biggest shell in the game (460 mm) at acute angles. Number of charges of “Damage Control Party” is infinite. “Repair Party” restores 33% of citadel’s damage. Fire duration – 45 seconds.

Detectability radius of Stalingrad is comparable to that of battleships at tier X. The large citadel is the same as that found on the cruiser 'Moskva'. All of which makes Stalingrad players carefully pick his battles and choose his maneuvers wisely.

The Cruisers ballistics allow effective fire at any distance with a high chance of penetration. The unique dispersion ellipse gives this ship pretty high accuracy but at the same time is less efficient than that of any other tier X cruiser.

The main goal for Stalingrad is to fire against heavily armored targets with armor-piercing shells which deal a lot of damage. Due to reduced shell arming threshold and high-explosive shells this cruiser may battle with other ships as well. It’s worth noting that reduced shell arming threshold has been reduced from 51 to 34 mm and that allows shells to arm at light and medium armored targets and deal more consistent damage. It looks like Stalingrads guns have everything needed to make this cruiser a versatile ship, however, its reload time is 20 seconds. To reach maximum efficiency, having a relatively low damage per minute and requirements to its commander, this cruisers owner should chose targets wisely and keep their distance.

“Defense AA Fire” gives Stalingrad protection from aircraft attacks for a long period of time. It also increases bomb dropping zone and torpedoes of the enemys aircraft for a minute, though does not give a boost of AA efficiency like other ships with similar consumables. After using this consumable cruiser will be vulnerable to aircraft because of the cooldown of 3-4 minutes.

In summary, this cruiser could be effective against any ship class: the amount of HP allows it to fight against battleships, its armor-piercing shells will frighten any cruiser, and destroyers and aircraft carriers can be countered with consumables like “Surveillance Radar” and “Defense AA Fire”. However, players should be attentive to the battle situation. In unfavorable circumstances Stalingrad won’t be able to change position quickly because of weak maneuverability characteristics and the large dimensions of her hull. It will also important to pay attention to close combat situations where Stalingrad is especially vulnerable because of her large citadel and poor agility.

A2234B35-72AA-4171-9532-C011839AA2CE.jpeg

• Cool 3

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,319 posts
5,016 battles

BALAAAAAAAAAAANS SOVIET UNIOOOOOOOOONNNNNNN

[YORHA]
Members
3,805 posts
6,614 battles

It just wasn't BALANSED enough Comrade. Now with Stalinium armed AA ship is totally balansed.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,641 posts
7,913 battles
Just now, zarth12 said:

Wallets still locked Wargaming.

Because she’s a steel/CB ship?

Edited by renegadestatuz
  • Funny 1

[YAN]
Members
1,648 posts
7,897 battles
27 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Sigma value of 2.65.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,330 posts
7,447 battles
Just now, renegadestatuz said:

Yep.
A unique ship as a gated reward.

Flint....Black.... all have alternate versions available in the game available to the general population. Flint and Black are mostly cosmetic differences with only minor attributed differences.... like Salem.. which Should have been the steel/CB ship.

Stalingrad is nothing like the above mentioned. Far more successful games learned the hard way what happens when you are F2P model and gate non-cosmetic rewards.... and that lesson was pretty much learned a decade ago.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 2

[HINON]
Supertester
7,641 posts
7,913 battles
1 minute ago, zarth12 said:

Yep.

Flint....Black.... all have alternate versions available in the game available to the general population. Flint and Black are mostly cosmetic differences with only minor attributed differences.... like Salem.. which Should have been the steel/CB ship.

Stalingrad is nothing like the above mentioned. Far more successful games learned the hard way what happens when you are F2P model and gate non-cosmetic rewards.... and that lesson was pretty much learned a decade ago.

Considering WG has done it in the past, why are you surprised?

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,319 posts
5,016 battles
1 minute ago, Akeno017 said:

V9CxTvZNWrLG%2B01he6oFN36hQ3vMpEzxY=

to make sure you don't miss any shells.

[STW]
Members
696 posts
4,983 battles
1 minute ago, renegadestatuz said:

How dare we have reward ships for doing well in competitive modes?  It is a complete outrage that I might have to work at anything to win a prize.

Just now, zarth12 said:

Kronshtadt and Moskva say hello.  Stalingrad mixes the characteristics of the two, which is not completely dissimilar to what the Flint and Black do.

But to be serious for a sec, I'm a bit worried about the competitive balance of Clan Wars and KOTS.  The Moskva bully comps in CW are quite strong, and those potentially changing to Stalingrad comps instead of Moskva is a little scary.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,330 posts
7,447 battles
6 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Considering WG has done it in the past, why are you surprised?

Not for WoWs.

There are a lot of us whales that want Stalingrad, just like there are a lot of the pop that want Alaska.
If it doesn't stop at Stalingrad, when can it ever be expected to stop.
If Stalingrad is okay, why isn't Alaska? So on and so forth.

We are voting with our wallets, and from the revenue possible from Winter 2017 that was lost, I am sure a huge dent was made. The revenue lost only grows and grows until change is made.

Edited by zarth12
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[WOLF5]
Members
1,330 posts
7,447 battles
3 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

How dare we have reward ships for doing well in competitive modes?  It is a complete outrage that I might have to work at anything to win a prize.

Kronshtadt and Moskva say hello.  Stalingrad mixes the characteristics of the two, which is not completely dissimilar to what the Flint and Black do.

But to be serious for a sec, I'm a bit worried about the competitive balance of Clan Wars and KOTS.  The Moskva bully comps in CW are quite strong, and those potentially changing to Stalingrad comps instead of Moskva is a little scary.

1.) nice Straw Man. Feel free to quote where I said there should be no rewards for competitive. I will wait.

2.) Kronshtadt and Mosvka are nothing like Stalingrad. Again. Completely different from Flint and Black. Flint and Black do not mix two ships, nor are they shared characteristics from multiple ships. Don't make fallacious claims.

Edited by zarth12
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,319 posts
5,016 battles
2 minutes ago, zarth12 said:

Not for WoWs.

There are a lot of us whales that want Stalingrad, just like there are a lot of the pop that want Alaska.
If it doesn't stop at Stalingrad, when can it ever be expected to stop.
If Stalingrad is okay, why isn't Alaska? So on and so forth.

We are voting with our wallets, and from the revenue possible from Winter 2017 that was lost, I am sure a huge dent was made.

alaska will be a tier9  cruiser,stalin is tier10,i don't think WG ever released a tier10 tank/plane/ship for "whales"(no way to use money to make things easier like free exp and prem shop).

ah yes we had salem and the shark/eagle containers but people had to waste $400 just to get the ship.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,330 posts
7,447 battles
2 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

alaska will be a tier9  cruiser,stalin is tier10,i don't think WG ever released a tier10 tank/plane/ship for "whales"(no way to use money to make things easier like free exp and prem shop).

ah yes we had salem and the shark/eagle containers but people had to waste $400 just to get the ship.

What does tiers have to do with what was stated? lol.
So what if they never released a T10 for whales?

Try more coherence.

Even simply releasing the ship for a campaign reward (with no time limit) would appease the whales even though we could not spend real money to achieve it, it would still be *achievable* given our time limitations. As it always work in the F2P mode, whales keep the lights on, More time to spend equals less disposable income (Those who get Stalingrad right now)..... Less time to spend equals more disposable income ( the large whales).

Edited by zarth12
  • Bad 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,858 posts
6,889 battles
4 minutes ago, zarth12 said:

2.) Kronshtadt and Mosvka are nothing like Stalingrad

I wonder, how do you conclude such things if you never actually played that ship, faced it maybe four or five times ion-game, and either looked at some numbers or listened to some CCs talking about her?

[STW]
Members
696 posts
4,983 battles
9 minutes ago, zarth12 said:

nice Straw Man. Feel free to quote where I said there should be no rewards for competitive. I will wait.

If you manage to win 30 battles in Typhoon and/or get to Hurricane, for 3 seasons, I think that's worth a bit more of a unique reward than a Salem.  WG has said before that you will never outright be able to buy a T10 premium anyway, so this whole point that you're making is moot.  All the T10 premiums are going to be locked behind some sort of resource that you can't fix by "opening your wallet."  I also like how you talk as if there's some secret society of whales that has a meeting every Tuesday, and you guys have collectively decided to close your wallets and now WG is suffering because of it.

e: I guess you can fix the Salem situation by opening your wallet to the tune of $400 worth of crates, but lol

9 minutes ago, zarth12 said:

Kronshtadt and Mosvka are nothing like Stalingrad. Again. Completely different from Flint and Black. Flint and Black do not mix two ships, nor are they shared characteristics from other ships. Don't make fallacious claims.

Stalingrad is essentially a Kronshtadt with better dispersion and a Moskva hull.  Flint is an undergunned Atlanta with US DD smoke and Black is a Fletcher with short range radar and longer-ranged Sims torps.  How is it not a similar situation?

Edited by Deviathan
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,319 posts
5,016 battles
6 minutes ago, zarth12 said:

What does tiers have to do with what was stated? lol.
So what if they never released a T10 for whales?

Try more coherence.

tiers have a lot to do with what was stated,if a ship is tier9 premium,there is a chance of the ship being free exp,coal or steel. flint and black are steel  because they are old ranked reward.

now if the ship is tier10,there is NO chance of the ship being free exp.

try to use the brains.

Edited by Cruxdei

[WOLF5]
Members
1,330 posts
7,447 battles
1 minute ago, SireneRacker said:

I wonder, how do you conclude such things if you never actually played that ship, faced it maybe four or five times ion-game, and either looked at some numbers or listened to some CCs talking about her?

I have looked at the stats, seen it played in game, and watched videos on it.

It is very easy to conclude such things

• Bad 1

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,096 posts
9,864 battles

I’m getting really tired of [edited] like this being added to the game. It’s not enough to add a battlecruiser that had balanced strengths and weaknesses; no they have to give it some of the best guns in the game and proof it’s armor against cruiser HE and 460mm guns. She should not be able to go toe-to-toe against any of the T8 or higher Battleships in the game. There’s a reason nobody made battlecruisers after Hood; they couldn’t stand up against Battleships. However, they’ve made her so unbalanced she’s probably the best ship in the game. If there was some historic basis for the ship being so good then I could live with it. However there is no proof the Russians could make naval rifles and FC systems of such quality to warrant her accuracy or armor that could resist battleship fire. I understand they’re intent to make her a worthy prize for clan wars, but instead of making her some [edited] OP ship they should have made her financial and XP earnings extraordinary. Something similar to Missouri.

Also, severe power creep has recently been really bad during the past few months. Jean Bart, Asashio, Moskva’s armor buff, and the Legendary upgrades are just a few examples. The game is starting to lose its fun in the name of gimmick ships overbuffed Russian ships. I know it’s against the forum rules, but I reccomend we stop paying for premium content for this game. I reccomend we start looking at their competitor’s games and supporting them financially instead. 

• Cool 7

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,858 posts
6,889 battles
3 minutes ago, zarth12 said:

I have looked at the stats, seen it played in game, and watched videos on it.

It is very easy to conclude such things

Contact me when the ship is entering the Arsenal, once I am allowed to talk about her I will explain to you in-depth why you are horribly wrong.

This Kind of "I am guessing stuff before it happens" has failed numerous times before, and that happened to Players of all skill Levels. Even Flamu? Even Flamu. I mean he forsaw Montana to be useless in Clan Battles... oops~ Prediction gone wrong

Edited by SireneRacker
  • Cool 3

[WOLF5]
Members
1,330 posts
7,447 battles
1 minute ago, Deviathan said:

If you manage to win 30 battles in Typhoon and/or get to Hurricane, for 3 seasons, I think that's worth a bit more of a unique reward than a Salem.  WG has said before that you will never outright be able to buy a T10 premium anyway, so this whole point that you're making is moot.  All the T10 premiums are going to be locked behind some sort of resource that you can't fix by "opening your wallet."  I also like how you talk as if there's some secret society of whales that has a meeting every Tuesday, and you guys have collectively decided to close your wallets and now WG is suffering because of it.

Stalingrad is essentially a Kronshtadt with better dispersion and a Moskva hull.  Flint is an undergunned Atlanta with US DD smoke and Black is a Fletcher with short range radar and longer-ranged Sims torps.  How is it not a similar situation?

1.) Good for you. That is your opinion.

2.) That can always change.

3.) Nice logical fallacy. There are groups of us. I never claimed there was some sort of "secret society", or did I claim I speak for all of them. But we do tend to congregate in a fashion.

4.) Stalingrad is a much better Mosvka, with larger guns, and the hull is also different from Mosvka. It is completely unique.     Flint is very comparable to Atlanta, Black is very comparable to Fletcher, and only have very minor differences, mostly consumable choices.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[WOLF5]
Members
1,330 posts
7,447 battles
1 minute ago, SireneRacker said:

Contact me when the ship is entering the Arsenal, once I am allowed to talk about her I will explain to you in-depth why you are horribly wrong.

Evidence says I am correct.

But keep trying. As we will continue to vote with our wallet.

• Bad 3

Sign in to follow this