tm63au

What the hell is going on with lag

30 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
1,272 posts
16,178 battles

My god this is the worse its been in a long while, I played all through the clan battles and didn't have 1 problem, I take a 2 hours or so break from the game turn everything off then come back and the lag is over the place.

Spent over a hour in Coop hoping things would settle down so I would not ruin the games for my fellow team mates when finally think its safe first game in and the ms ping or whatever its called up and down like a yoyo running as high as 4000 plus then dropping to - 35,  my ships are rubber banding all-over the place or there stuck to the spot, then when they move I find I have lost half my health.

I get one reasonable game in then I finished and get bumped to another server because maintenance, play a game then lag hits again, finish that game and get another bump to another server, Christ 4 times in the space 5 games I get bumped from servers for maintenance.

You fire at ship it takes 10 seconds to actually fire and when it does the shells fly miles from the target, you turn your ship and buy the time you get back control your doing figure 8's on the map.

And before anyone posts its not the game and its my internet mine is fine its work well.

Its more like the hamsters are running amuck on the WG servers or this unwanted crap that they have added that's messing up everything.

I cant play anymore tonight don't want to let teams down in games

Its been well on 3 possible 4 hours constantly playing.

YO @Radar_X or @Gneisenau013 can you check the hamsters running the servers I don't think they have been fed.

regards              

• Cool 1

[FART]
Members
163 posts
5,491 battles

I have a reliable Internet connection, a solid gaming PC and pretty much never have problems with ping or lag in two years of playing...however, the last couple of days I've definitely noticed some lag spikes that have affected playability. Wonder what the dealio is?

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
4,366 battles

Ditto here. I have a high end gaming PC & solid ping. Last night during CB my lag was terrible. It for sure got me killed at least once. 

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
317 posts
5,674 battles

I had some seriously bad lag spikes this morning. Then I happened to notice that the Game Center was downloading and installing an update for world of tanks.... not sure if that was the problem, but when it was over everything seemed to chill out to my usual 40-70ms ping

• Cool 1

Community Department
2,339 posts
597 battles
40 minutes ago, gmrbull said:

I had some seriously bad lag spikes this morning. Then I happened to notice that the Game Center was downloading and installing an update for world of tanks.... not sure if that was the problem, but when it was over everything seemed to chill out to my usual 40-70ms ping

That could be the reason. You need to change the time of downloading updates in WGC. 

1 hour ago, HTSMetal said:

I have a reliable Internet connection, a solid gaming PC and pretty much never have problems with ping or lag in two years of playing...however, the last couple of days I've definitely noticed some lag spikes that have affected playability. Wonder what the dealio is?

We've checked almost everything. We'll watch carefully. 
There are no problems detected on the World of Warships NA server side at the moment. I also do not observe a number of additional ticket about lags.
If you have issues please make a ticket with WGCheck report (extended network diagnostics preferably) attached. And make some descriptions when the issues take place. 

• Cool 1

[FART]
Members
163 posts
5,491 battles
6 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

That could be the reason. You need to change the time of downloading updates in WGC. 

We've checked almost everything. We'll watch carefully. 
There are no problems detected on the World of Warships NA server side at the moment.
If you have issues please make a ticket with WGCheck report (extended network diagnostics preferably) attached. And make some descriptions when the issues take place. 

Thanks Turbo. Things seem to be just fine this morning for me -- last night at peak time I was having some issues.

• Cool 1

Community Department
2,339 posts
597 battles

Thanks everybody for information. It's very important to know asap if it's a mass issue.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,831 posts
7,976 battles
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

My god this is the worse its been in a long while, I played all through the clan battles and didn't have 1 problem, I take a 2 hours or so break from the game turn everything off then come back and the lag is over the place.

Spent over a hour in Coop hoping things would settle down so I would not ruin the games for my fellow team mates when finally think its safe first game in and the ms ping or whatever its called up and down like a yoyo running as high as 4000 plus then dropping to - 35,  my ships are rubber banding all-over the place or there stuck to the spot, then when they move I find I have lost half my health.

I get one reasonable game in then I finished and get bumped to another server because maintenance, play a game then lag hits again, finish that game and get another bump to another server, Christ 4 times in the space 5 games I get bumped from servers for maintenance.

You fire at ship it takes 10 seconds to actually fire and when it does the shells fly miles from the target, you turn your ship and buy the time you get back control your doing figure 8's on the map.

And before anyone posts its not the game and its my internet mine is fine its work well.

Its more like the hamsters are running amuck on the WG servers or this unwanted crap that they have added that's messing up everything.

YO @Radar_X or @Gneisenau013 can you check the hamsters running the servers I don't think they have been fed.

regards              

How do you know your Internet is fine?

my Internet is also fine but..my Connection or server in my small community can get overwhelmed with to many people at specific times of day with a lot of people online, this can also happen in apartment blocks in big cities depending on lots of factors of course

I used to be able to run the game settings to the Max but had to turn them down or I’d get lag.. game needing more resources or my server... do not know

[ARRGG]
Members
4,831 posts
7,976 battles
1 hour ago, gmrbull said:

That will definitely cause an issue my game will crash if any update starts while I’m playing 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
17,437 posts
10,147 battles
1 hour ago, gmrbull said:

1 hour ago, turbo07 said:

The WGC needs to go to sleep when games are running. that is why I close it from the system tray when I am playing.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
2,359 posts
14,161 battles
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

regards              

I've been having these issues for a couple of months and investigated starting with my computer and ISP, which haven't changed much in the last couple of years.

Because of a similar experience with Eve Online managing thousands of multi-instances and a growing player base, I'm pretty sure WGs resources are getting stretched and server upgrades will be required at some point.

Also because of location, I believe there are more hops and lag issues especially to my location (remote rural) and they have been making choices about where to direct those resources leaving me out in the cold more often than not. Lag spikes and getting bumped are constant during peak times now where they weren't previously.

I realize that my ISP can at least be partially to blame as they may be oversubscribed for my area and the usage is heavier during summertime, but this was not a problem last summer - something is definitely required on WGs end to make the game run smoothly for everyone in the future if they want to continue to grow.

Please invest in your business and GET IT DONE!

Community Department
2,339 posts
597 battles
22 hours ago, wstugamd said:

I can't log into the game at the moment

We didn't have any maintanance yesterday. Please check and repair game integrity first.

Spoiler

DMlXUErqkRk.jpg

[AAA]
Members
540 posts
6,406 battles
4 hours ago, turbo07 said:

We didn't have any maintanance yesterday. Please check and repair game integrity first.

Reveal hidden contents

DMlXUErqkRk.jpg

It was a problem on my end

[LJP]
Members
115 posts
4,667 battles

This appears to be back again. I'm fine for maybe 2 games then I get rubberbanded to death or booted outright. I've tried the integrity repair plus resetting my modem completely. 

[CANNS]
[CANNS]
Members
13 posts
4,034 battles

LAG isn't the word it is down right terrible every night for the last 2 weeks lag is so bad that most off the battles are half over and i just get going the pings are any where from 30 to start then bang up to over 300 that is not and issue here not with a 150 meg line on fibre to much crapgoing on with the NA server naybe you should have the premiun shop not on the same server as the game server just my opinion??

and still getting the fps thing even after the fix can only get the max of maybe 30fps never had an issue until you move server to Texas

here is a file for FPS

Unigine_Heaven_Benchmark_4.0_20180812_1451.html

Members
9 posts
5,272 battles

I have been dealing with a bad latency / lag problem off and on for over a month now.  Posted many tickets about this.  I have had WoWS since it came out.  Game has always run without a hiccup on my computer.  Starting after the update in July, I got terrible lag / latency.  My PING and FPS numbers were all fine...never jumped up. During matches however, once the enemy appears and the shooting started, I would get this cumulative lag and latency that everything was behind or delayed by as much as 5 or 6 seconds.  It was ridiculous.  Nothing I would do would fix it - restarting, resetting modems and routers, turning off firewalls, closing applications or messing with the settings.  All my other games were fine...including WoT.  I sent in a bunch of support tickets but they were no help.  Then 2 weeks ago it stopped...for no apparent reason.  Today it is back...WoWS is totally unplayable.  WoT and other online games (including FPS) are just fine.  The last support ticket I sent in I was being asked questions about my computer.  Seeing the game ran fine for 2 years and this problem is not constant and not hitting other games, seems like WG should really check their own stuff out.

I have submitted another ticket tonight so lets see what they say now.

Any thoughts on troubleshooting would be appreciated.

KK

[RSDWG]
Members
452 posts
8,820 battles
5 hours ago, krautkrusher said:

I have been dealing with a bad latency / lag problem off and on for over a month now.  Posted many tickets about this.  I have had WoWS since it came out.  Game has always run without a hiccup on my computer.  Starting after the update in July, I got terrible lag / latency.  My PING and FPS numbers were all fine...never jumped up. During matches however, once the enemy appears and the shooting started, I would get this cumulative lag and latency that everything was behind or delayed by as much as 5 or 6 seconds.  It was ridiculous.  Nothing I would do would fix it - restarting, resetting modems and routers, turning off firewalls, closing applications or messing with the settings.  All my other games were fine...including WoT.  I sent in a bunch of support tickets but they were no help.  Then 2 weeks ago it stopped...for no apparent reason.  Today it is back...WoWS is totally unplayable.  WoT and other online games (including FPS) are just fine.  The last support ticket I sent in I was being asked questions about my computer.  Seeing the game ran fine for 2 years and this problem is not constant and not hitting other games, seems like WG should really check their own stuff out.

I have submitted another ticket tonight so lets see what they say now.

Any thoughts on troubleshooting would be appreciated.

KK

I have the same problem as you do since around July when Patch 075 or 76 came out. I notice the Lag gets really bad when the action gets intense and you have 5 ships shooting at you and the in-game voice is talking at the same time. I think it's something to do with the sound. I turned down all my sound features to the lowest settings and still get lag. Even tried DX9 and it still lags. I did all the checks and no results. Even took out all Mods and it still lags. It seems when they put out a Micro Patch around July (For latency/lag problems) is when I started lagging.

Edited by rustydawg

Members
9 posts
5,272 battles

Well I am still working with Support on this.  They think my hardware is the problem but seeing I am having no other issues in online games (including their games other than WoWS)...the problem is not my machine.  They have already evaluated my network and hops to their servers - which appears to be fine.  This has got to be something since some patch in July.  Gameplay tonight is not bad at all so problem remains variable.  Very frustrating!

KK

Members
9 posts
5,272 battles

So now for the second time Support is saying my OC settings could be causing a problem...  My OC is stable and has been since I bought the computer YEARS AGO!  I run background apps to monitor performance - no change in any parameter in years!  The lag / latency problem started last month after an update...but somehow my OC is now a problem?  This topic was already covered once by Support.  I tested without the OC being on...still had lag / latency one night.  Next night it was fine running with and without OC.  Hello Support...not the OC and not the easy way out.

I am seeing a lot more posts about lag / phantom shells /  rubber banding and stuff like I am experiencing.  I think WG has a network / bandwidth related issue and they need to actively monitor their traffic to ensure customers are getting the performance from the game as expected.

KK

[WAX]
Beta Testers
454 posts
14,517 battles
On 8/16/2018 at 7:56 AM, HMCS_Devilfish said:

How do you know your Internet is fine?

my Internet is also fine but..my Connection or server in my small community can get overwhelmed with to many people at specific times of day with a lot of people online, this can also happen in apartment blocks in big cities depending on lots of factors of course

I used to be able to run the game settings to the Max but had to turn them down or I’d get lag.. game needing more resources or my server... do not know

go to speakeasy.net and check your connection

Members
167 posts
1,366 battles

I'm currently experiencing the same problem. I've got a Fibre op internet connection (just checked my speed and it's roughly 125 Mps) and running a GTX 1070. Very start of the match FPS is around 70, couple seconds in down to 17. I've tried dropping the video settings way below what my rig can handle and not seen any difference at all.