You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dictonary

The Anti-Pirate Coalition

62 comments in this topic

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,734 posts
2,750 battles

As a torrent of pirates threaten to destroy the stability of the NA Server, we as players must strike against the pirates with impunity.

To be real, I encourage the spread of tactics and strats to combat these pirates to give other players a fighting chance against the Pirate Menace. 

So let the hopefully constructive strategies begin.

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,734 posts
2,750 battles
1 minute ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

Random Players Random Battles Random Pirates. Ok Play the missions of the battle and if you see a pirate shoot at it.

I know. I know this is going to turn into a joke thread.

Just in case you sink a Pirate, show us.

Edited by Dictonary

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,734 posts
2,750 battles

What always works is to play normally and don’t overextend. Otherwise you may cut your chance at sinking a Pirate much too short. They will try to make you overextend so don’t fall for that trap.

[HINON]
Members
10,074 posts

I usually strive for three things which should help against the pirates. MAIM, KILL, BURN!!!

CIqZLAM.png

[RKLES]
Members
8,284 posts
10,520 battles
2 minutes ago, Dictonary said:

What always works is to play normally and don’t overextend. Otherwise you may cut your chance at sinking a Pirate much too short. They will try to make you overextend so don’t fall for that trap.

Don’t over extend? Can’t even get some teams to really extend Last the starting lines, matter of fact some teams move backwards... :Smile_sceptic:

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,734 posts
2,750 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Don’t over extend? Can’t even get some teams to really extend Last the starting lines, matter of fact some teams move backwards... :Smile_sceptic:

There is that too. But with the Pirates, everyone will go for the Pirates. 

But I admit, it is very true. 

Edited by Dictonary

[RKLES]
Members
8,284 posts
10,520 battles
7 minutes ago, Dictonary said:

There is that too. But with the Pirates, everyone will go for the Pirates. 

But I admit, it is very true. 

Better carry AA and secondary flags the entire weekend and spec for AA and Secondaries as well. CVs and DDs will fill the que more than likely since they will all want to reach the Pirates ASAP to score the kills. Had to fight off more than my fair share of air and Torp attacks as Corgi Captain lol. And that means the normal team members will get hit as collateral damage from the players seeking the Pirates just as they sought the Corgi.

Although with me it was actually shell damage that I eventually succumbed to, so when I go pirate hunting I will be using BB or heavy Cruisers, the CLs, DDs, and CVs just don’t pack that really heavy lunch consisted to know out a ship that you really want sunk, sure they can hit hard, but not as consistently.

[2CUTE]
Beta Testers
1,734 posts
2,750 battles

I remember that glorious blaze of fire as a corgi. Surprisingly, it isn’t the time when I got the most ships aiming at me. My record was 9 in Saint-Louis. And I survived with full health. :Smile_teethhappy:

[NDA]
Supertester
5,058 posts
14,833 battles

YARRRR, Captain 44 of the Pirate fleet. And I laugh at ye scurvy dogs and your pitiable attempts at protecting the seas from the pirates wrath. You'll be chasing ghost ship while we raid your port cities. Prepare for boarding action you land lubbers. 

pPM1bI0.gif

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[FOXEH]
Members
280 posts
4,735 battles
4 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

YARRRR, Captain 44 of the Pirate fleet. And I laugh at ye scurvy dogs and your pitiable attempts at protecting the seas from the pirates wrath. You'll be chasing ghost ship while we raid your port cities. Prepare for boarding action you land lubbers. 

pPM1bI0.gif

Sure about that mate?

VDPzMh.gif

The US Navy hasn't been too fond of pirates in the past. (And it just so happens I main the American branches)

[NDA]
Supertester
5,058 posts
14,833 battles
22 minutes ago, Dictonary said:

But remember, Britannia Ruled the Waves.

Fixed that for ya. 

:cap_cool:

Edited by RedSeaBear
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
8,284 posts
10,520 battles
45 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

pPM1bI0.gif

Pirate Captain Or Crew?

I was a Corgi Captain...

[POP]
Members
1,272 posts
16,170 battles

Anyone who has GC or a Kamikaze should bring it out  and help sweep the pirate scourge from the seas  :Smile_izmena: 

[POP]
Members
1,272 posts
16,170 battles

Of course if that scoundrel pirate @RedSeaBear  of The Sinksalot Fleet brings out his Blyskawica then we might have to bring out the heavy guns like Scharnhorst to rid the pirate vermin that cause havoc :Smile_teethhappy:

regards  

• Funny 3

[WOLF9]
Members
7,587 posts
3,228 battles
1 hour ago, Dictonary said:

I know. I know this is going to turn into a joke thread.

Just in case you sink a Pirate, show us.

Well, yeah.  That's how one collects the bounty, no?  The law doesn't pay tall tales or good intentions.  Or photoshop.

[RKLES]
Members
8,284 posts
10,520 battles

You guys need to remember, we must deal with the Pirates in true Pirates of the Carribean style. Which means we must use the Royal Navy... :fish_book:

• Cool 1

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,473 posts
14,393 battles

@Dictonary a while back for an October event they had a Super Des Moines I encountered it a few times sank it a couple of times and was on several winning teams it was on! That was a great deal of fun and you are correct overly aggressive play will usually get you sank and a team loss quickly. Cool calm normal play usually works best!

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,327 posts
15,768 battles
7 hours ago, RedSeaBear said:

pPM1bI0.gif

Really? It's early here; can we please keep the "YARRR"ing down to a dull roar? Us scurvy dogs are trying to recover from the death-dealing hang-overs we got in those port cities while chasing buxom wenches all through the night. And the only "boarding action" I'm preparing for is to find a nice, flat horizontal board and take a very long nap on it. 

PS, the cities are yours; those wenches definitely know how to protect themselves. Good Luck, and watch out for women with Rum, they'll kill ya!

• Funny 2