You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Venac

Should capping be worth more xp now?

Now that capping is harder and more risky with all the radar and sonar should capping be worth more xp?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Now that capping is harder and more risky with all the radar and sonar should capping be worth more xp?

• Yes
    • No

38 comments in this topic

Members
325 posts

With all the anti DD stuff in game now which is making it much harder and more risky to cap should capping be worth more xp? 

• Cool 7
  • Bad 1

[LWA]
Members
650 posts
9,581 battles
13 minutes ago, SharkFujishiro said:

It would be a good way to reward bold play, or punish the stupid! If you increase xp for capping, how about a small increase in xp for defending?

Increase for defending??? What!?  You must be a cruiser main....with all the [edited]radar, it is way too easy to defend a cap NOW.

• Cool 1

[PSP]
Members
8,056 posts

Capping, especially solo capping, already is worth a lot of XP. I can solo cap, do only a moderate amount of damage, then get killed in the first 5 minutes of the game and yet come in first on the winning team.

shot-18_07.24_12_05.34-0768.jpg.ae4755a3674e23819dfbcfcf19475a7d.jpg

• Bad 6

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,555 posts
19,392 battles

I play lots of co-op where players will ignore caps which is stupid. Capping pays out nearly as much as taking out a red ship. I always hear "kill not cap" which is silly since you can do both.

• Cool 2

[FORM]
Members
326 posts
6,579 battles

Should capping XP be increased, yes. DD have been nerfed in so many ways the DD ships themselves plus what they have to deal with like radar and sonar. Time to throw DD a bone of some sorts. 

Members
663 posts
5,656 battles
1 hour ago, SharkFujishiro said:

It would be a good way to reward bold play, or punish the stupid! If you increase xp for capping, how about a small increase in xp for defending?

Scaling XP in relation to actions performed IN or NEAR a cap point. If you inflate XP only in caps, BBs are still never going to cap because farming damage is easier and safer. If you start multiplying (show this multiplier in game above the map or something) XP rewards for actions done (tanking, spotting, damage) near cap points, I strongly believe it would be a good start to help get players to play the objective instead of farm from range.

There should be achievements for tanking, spotting, capping, and defending. Reward those who play to win, not just those who play to farm.

[TMS]
Members
2,139 posts
23,826 battles
1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Capping, especially solo capping, already is worth a lot of XP. I can solo cap, do only a moderate amount of damage, then get killed in the first 5 minutes of the game and yet come in first on the winning team.

shot-18_07.24_12_05.34-0768.jpg.ae4755a3674e23819dfbcfcf19475a7d.jpg

Esy1HO.png

3gzFt4.png

QwTP92.png

Thats says to me damage and kills are more important to XP and rewards.

Edited by Final8ty

[TATER]
[TATER]
Beta Testers
51 posts
2 hours ago, Final8ty said:

Thats says to me damage and kills are more important to XP and rewards.

Capping is a multiplier to your XP total, but only if you win. Mediocre performance x no bonus because your team lost = mediocre xp average. This is why the gearing game posted above tops his team, but your game puts you in 4th.

Fixed XP rewards just encouraged bots and bot-like humans to rush in, try to cap and die early.

[TMS]
Members
2,139 posts
23,826 battles
16 minutes ago, xEvilReeperx said:

Capping is a multiplier to your XP total, but only if you win. Mediocre performance x no bonus because your team lost = mediocre xp average. This is why the gearing game posted above tops his team, but your game puts you in 4th.

Fixed XP rewards just encouraged bots and bot-like humans to rush in, try to cap and die early.

But if we had won i would still be in the same finishing position on my team.The point is he did not show his damage which he said was moderate, the AKI server avg damage is 36 213 i exceeded it the gearing server avg is 44 315,  i equaled it , so his damage had more of an effect on his finishing position than the cap did going by what he has shown.

Edited by Final8ty

[CUTIE]
Members
1,533 posts
6,641 battles
1 hour ago, xEvilReeperx said:

I didn't capture the team scores as base XP wasn't the reason this result upset me, but here you go: a win with 3 full caps (not assists), as well as a reasonable amount of damage done and a healthy amount of spotting damage (all those things a destroyer is supposed to do), with a net result of 1598 base XP (before premium) and a net loss of 9,984 credits (after premium).  Indirect contributions to the team (capping, defending, spotting) need to be more fairly rewarded.

5b1c607fbb4b1_Screenshot(393).thumb.png.d450c4f109b3066787cc6c52849cdd54.png5b1c608672bd6_Screenshot(394).thumb.png.2dbebe921cc15d4cc48bf1d66d503dd1.png5b1c608ccfc52_Screenshot(395).thumb.png.0b7fdbae18fae59326d93823413e7a60.png

• Cool 3

[TATER]
[TATER]
Beta Testers
51 posts
2 minutes ago, Harv72b said:

Indirect contributions to the team (capping, defending, spotting) need to be more fairly rewarded.

I don't disagree on spotting, but in your case you actually dealt roughly average damage: about 1-ship kill's worth. Discounting the poorly-rewarded spotting damage, I think 1600 overall is fair for this. That would put you near the top of the average team most of the time even though your contribution in damage terms was essentially lighting 3 fires and landing a single torpedo that caused the bulk of your damage

[CUTIE]
Members
1,533 posts
6,641 battles
1 minute ago, xEvilReeperx said:

I don't disagree on spotting, but in your case you actually dealt roughly average damage: about 1-ship kill's worth. Discounting the poorly-rewarded spotting damage, I think 1600 overall is fair for this. That would put you near the top of the average team most of the time even though your contribution in damage terms was essentially lighting 3 fires and landing a single torpedo that caused the bulk of your damage

Yeah, no doubt regarding the damage--with the exception of the ~4500 I dealt to the Gearing & maybe some of the direct torpedo damage on that GK, every bit of my damage output was 100% repairable.  Thing is, I don't believe the XP/credit system takes that into account in this game, and while ~70k is nothing special in a tier 10 DD it's certainly not an embarrassment.  At any rate, the actual point was that I racked up 169 capture points in that battle.  The rest of my team combined for 11.  We don't win without my contribution, and even if one believes my XP total was fair, losing credits in the battle certainly wasn't.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,100 posts
9,546 battles

Capping should give XP not act as an XP multiplier. It's stupid that after capping twice a base you earn nothing because 2*0 is still 0. Damage is king in this game which is not what a DD is supposed to do. Spotting torps and damage upon spotting give almost no reward and in a heavy radar meta trying to cap in the open is asking to be killed. Hell with the addition of Worcester which is able to stealth radar, it became even more painfull (Before people starts talking about Minotaure yes I know she can also stealth radar but unlike Worcester Mino doesn't have HE which allows you to reduce the incoming damage or even negate damage if you know what you're doing).

• Cool 4

Members
1,039 posts
7,025 battles
1 hour ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Capping should give XP not act as an XP multiplier. It's stupid that after capping twice a base you earn nothing because 2*0 is still 0. Damage is king in this game which is not what a DD is supposed to do. Spotting torps and damage upon spotting give almost no reward and in a heavy radar meta trying to cap in the open is asking to be killed. Hell with the addition of Worcester which is able to stealth radar, it became even more painfull (Before people starts talking about Minotaure yes I know she can also stealth radar but unlike Worcester Mino doesn't have HE which allows you to reduce the incoming damage or even negate damage if you know what you're doing).

I completely agree with you.

[SIDE]
Members
1,764 posts

I’m all for increasing indirect and non damage rewards for players, particularly DD. I think careful consideration should be given to how or what for. For instance capping, particularly in the early stages of a match, is mostly risk and seldom reward. Radar boats may not have been killed off, dd with even lower  concealment may be present or an as yet uncommitted and unseen squadron of perma spotting fighters could be in route. I’m not sure we want to encourage suicidal strategies by offering enhanced rewards for capping. I think those rewards, especially for solo capping are good enough. I DEFINATELY think spotting damage needs a boost and new ways to richly reward enemy fleet disruption and area denial (wherein enemy fleet is fo cesare to retreat or dramatically alter course such as a coordinated push) should be developed.

Edited by thebigblue

[H_]
Members
1,256 posts

Threat and reward.  With the radar meta screwing up roles, many DD CPT's avoid capping early.   So, because they are, the game play is shifting and roles have all but evaporated now.  There must a reason to cap and if capping was worth taking the chance early, we would not see DD's "hovering" around caps and since they are not 'in the cap closer to the enemy", we are not seeing spotted enemies sooner.....  It becomes a sniping game at that point with CV's and Planes doing the work DD's use to do.........find them, identify them, track them, ambush them and then disengage and screen the order of battle....

There has to be an incentive to cap great enough to "draw teams towards each other"....

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,768 posts
10,309 battles

Biased question is biased, but yes capping should be more xp. Spotting too. 

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
2,063 posts
14,821 battles

There should be a multiplier applied for however many radar ships per side

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
914 posts
5,474 battles

I voted "No". I feel capping is rewarded plenty it's just you cap later after the cruisers have been thinned out. I would like to see more exp for spotting. I see too many DDs smoking then sitting in their own smoke. The problem is that when they smoke they block the view of their team many times taking what was an advantage and making it a disadvantage for the team. Give them more rewards for using their smoke for the team and letting them reap the rewards of the spotting damage.

I think by increasing cap exp more will promote even more stupid play like capping too early and getting killed leaving the team at a handicap. Let's promote smart team playing and not high risk play.

Edited by Mainerd
  • Bad 1

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,325 posts
5,016 battles

this is something Wg should have done A LONG TIME AGO,together with spotting too.

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
914 posts
5,474 battles
1 minute ago, Cruxdei said:

this is something Wg should have done A LONG TIME AGO,together with spotting too.

I believe capping exp has been buffed before so they have done it a LONG TIME AGO. It's the spotting mechanic that needs to be looked into.