You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ViperII_boot

up coming Dasha captains

49 comments in this topic

[-MEG-]
Members
4 posts
10,943 battles

As for me, sorry to say, but Dasha captains are useless like the Japanese girls, I only speak English. Give those captains English but with Russian and Japanese accents would be great.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 6

[SALVO]
Members
18,406 posts
18,956 battles

I will admit that it'd be nice if she spoke English (or other languages for other localizations).  But alternatively, it's be nice if they could implement either something like closed captioning or just have what she said written in the chat window.

• Cool 2

[TBOW]
Members
1,215 posts
11,391 battles

What? don't all WoWs players understand Russian? 

All kidding aside, I was trained in the US Army to speak Russian and I am looking forward to having Dasha on my team. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

I know Dasha is the face and I'm happy she'll be coming as a CMDR regardless of dialect she's speaking. 

What could be a nice touch is if Dasha's Translator per Region, was also granted CMDR status. But then again it wouldn't "truly be Dasha" but who knows? Maybe she did learn the phrases per Nation and was voice coached to speak those few lines for in-game. IF they were to use her "dub voice actresses" instead of her actual voice some people would "feel cheated". Should they use her "dubbed voice actresses" then they should have a different CMDR icon. 

IIRC, in some of her previous YT vids she did for the national line releases she said a few words in that national language. I vaguely recall a blooper reel of her saying attempting to say "Merci" en Français around the time of one of the French line release. 

[ARGSY]
Members
8,153 posts
5,538 battles

I play with the sound off, so I don't care. To me, she and all the space captains are 10 pointers that I can win in-game, so why not?

[FART]
Members
169 posts
5,540 battles

I'm enthused to earn some Dasha captains for my ships. She's a great spokesperson for WoWs and it'll be nice to have something other than a bearded brute or a cartoon to captain a few ships!

[ADR]
Members
4,340 posts
14,016 battles

She's been the spokeswoman forever,  good to see them finally putting her in as a captain.   Russian or not, I'll grab a few.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
3,048 posts
4,855 battles

Sorry for being out of the loop, but has a Dasha captain been officially announced?

[T-RIP]
Members
1,496 posts
8,989 battles
6 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Sorry for being out of the loop, but has a Dasha captain been officially announced?

There was a ton of Dasha captains on the latest PTS.. I assume she'll be on the live server soon.

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,215 posts
11,391 battles
29 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

How do you say ... Torpedos to Port !!!.. in Russian?

торпеды с лева по борту

• Cool 1

[OGF]
Members
145 posts
4,325 battles
12 hours ago, ViperII_boot said:

As for me, sorry to say, but Dasha captains are useless like the Japanese girls, I only speak English. Give those captains English but with Russian and Japanese accents would be great.

Aslain's mod pack has some very good mods to convert the Japanese anime ships captains to English, I hope someone will add the Dasha's to that mod list, because OMG I have to have as many Dasha's as I can get!!!!!!!!!!!!  

[TWGGF]
[TWGGF]
Members
116 posts
1,338 battles

Is cost of steel? I had not earn steel, I created clan few months ago, but cant enter battle clan due need 7 clan members and 10 tier at same time, so basically impossible for me get steel.

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,240 posts
4,137 battles
12 hours ago, LancerUlysses said:

What? don't all WoWs players understand Russian? 

All kidding aside, I was trained in the US Army to speak Russian and I am looking forward to having Dasha on my team. 

I can read cyrillic but cant sprechen sie Rus...does that make sense. Hosed is there isnt a text translation with these captains

[TWGGF]
[TWGGF]
Members
116 posts
1,338 battles
10 minutes ago, killsbane67 said:

I want more historical Captain's, not WG staff members. 

I rather create my own way captain, not historical or any other. Able to create name and own way photos 

[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
671 posts
1,301 battles
6 hours ago, Humility925 said:

Is cost of steel? I had not earn steel, I created clan few months ago, but cant enter battle clan due need 7 clan members and 10 tier at same time, so basically impossible for me get steel.

The Dasha & space captains are going to be bought in the Arsenal with Warships anniversary tokens. The tokens come in gift crates that you'll be able to earn in the next patch. I don't know exactly how we'll be able to earn them, though.

On the PTS, each crate contained 8 tokens, and the recent developer video showed that each captain had a value of 150 tokens. Again, I don't know if those values are what we'll see when the patch goes live.

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,019 posts
19 hours ago, ViperII_boot said:

Theres an app for that

[PVE]
Members
12,577 posts
8,548 battles
8 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

7 hours ago, SpudZero said:

There was a ton of Dasha captains on the latest PTS.. I assume she'll be on the live server soon.

13 minutes ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

The Dasha & space captains are going to be bought in the Arsenal with Warships anniversary tokens. The tokens come in gift crates that you'll be able to earn in the next patch. I don't know exactly how we'll be able to earn them, though.

On the PTS, each crate contained 8 tokens, and the recent developer video showed that each captain had a value of 150 tokens. Again, I don't know if those values are what we'll see when the patch goes live.

What Dr_Wigglespank listed was in the Dev 7.8 video in the news item below.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/dev-diaries-wows-birthday/

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
2,144 posts
11,269 battles
19 hours ago, Ivlerlin said:

I know Dasha is the face and I'm happy she'll be coming as a CMDR regardless of dialect she's speaking. 

What could be a nice touch is if Dasha's Translator per Region, was also granted CMDR status. But then again it wouldn't "truly be Dasha" but who knows? Maybe she did learn the phrases per Nation and was voice coached to speak those few lines for in-game. IF they were to use her "dub voice actresses" instead of her actual voice some people would "feel cheated". Should they use her "dubbed voice actresses" then they should have a different CMDR icon. 

IIRC, in some of her previous YT vids she did for the national line releases she said a few words in that national language. I vaguely recall a blooper reel of her saying attempting to say "Merci" en Français around the time of one of the French line release. 

IMO, if you are hardcore and have the ‘native language’ option selected in-game, then it should be Dasha speaking in Russian. If you have that lame ‘English only’ option selected, then the regional voiceover should sound. 

Seems like a simple fix to me...