Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

When A DD Lies in Ambush, The DD HAS TO ACTUALLY SPRING THE TRAP

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

721
[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,008 battles

 

 

Enjoy this gem from first match of the night.

 

Our Z23 taking position middle didn't have the balls to actually spring the trap, ended up getting himself killed without doing anything. Let this be a valuable lesson to DD players wishing to improve. You need to have balls of steel sometimes and if your intention is to set an ambush, ACTUALLY CARRY OUT THE ATTACK. Don't [edited] out at the last moment, slowly starts to back out, then gets cornered and killed. 

If, for whatever, reason you have to stop the attack, ensure your torpedo tubes have the traverse to at least launch a retaliatory salvo. That means orientate your ship according to their torpedo tube's traverse characteristics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,694
[O_O]
Members
4,855 posts
10,663 battles

LOL...this reminds me of a match I had earlier tonight. 

Our Gaede was AFK almost the entire match.  He finally woke up as we took the 2nd of 3 caps in a very close game, and were trying to kill the clock for the win.  He decided to try to contribute by attempting to take the 3rd cap, which was held by a Kirov...with 90 HP left.  He charged in with his full health.  Got detected.  Smoked...while continuing at speed.  We were all hammering into our keyboards to "SHOOOOOOT!!!!".  Naw, he chose to launch torps and park, and never fired a gun.  The 90 HP Kirov mowed the full-health Gaede down with several unanswered gun salvos.  We still won as the clock expired, but only by the narrowest of margins.

Potatoes gonna potate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
187
[JUICE]
Members
824 posts
6,375 battles
7 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

LOL...this reminds me of a match I had earlier tonight. 

Our Gaede was AFK almost the entire match.  He finally woke up as we took the 2nd of 3 caps in a very close game, and were trying to kill the clock for the win.  He decided to try to contribute by attempting to take the 3rd cap, which was held by a Kirov...with 90 HP left.  He charged in with his full health.  Got detected.  Smoked...while continuing at speed.  We were all hammering into our keyboards to "SHOOOOOOT!!!!".  Naw, he chose to launch torps and park, and never fired a gun.  The 90 HP Kirov mowed the full-health Gaede down with several unanswered gun salvos.  We still won as the clock expired, but only by the narrowest of margins.

Potatoes gonna potate.

This has been my "summer of randoms"! I have grown tired of even trying to carry any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
676
[NWNG]
Members
2,565 posts
4,420 battles
15 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

LOL...this reminds me of a match I had earlier tonight. 

Our Gaede was AFK almost the entire match.  He finally woke up as we took the 2nd of 3 caps in a very close game, and were trying to kill the clock for the win.  He decided to try to contribute by attempting to take the 3rd cap, which was held by a Kirov...with 90 HP left.  He charged in with his full health.  Got detected.  Smoked...while continuing at speed.  We were all hammering into our keyboards to "SHOOOOOOT!!!!".  Naw, he chose to launch torps and park, and never fired a gun.  The 90 HP Kirov mowed the full-health Gaede down with several unanswered gun salvos.  We still won as the clock expired, but only by the narrowest of margins.

Potatoes gonna potate.

that could have been the very same guy I met a couple nights ago. refused to fire guns at a ship with 100hp... what the heck people. Don't waste torpedoes when a single gun salvo is more than sufficient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
187
[JUICE]
Members
824 posts
6,375 battles
1 minute ago, Counter_Gambit said:

that could have been the very same guy I met a couple nights ago. refused to fire guns at a ship with 100hp... what the heck people. Don't waste torpedoes when a single gun salvo is more than sufficient.

I can tell you what that is.... Special Mission "Get X amount of torpedo hits"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,486
[AXANR]
Members
3,373 posts
17,176 battles
17 minutes ago, xXxRCADDICT said:

This has been my "summer of randoms"! I have grown tired of even trying to carry any more.

This. I know it will even out eventually, but I've had a terrible couple of months as far as winning matches. I'm playing as well as I ever have, but I just cant carry hard enough. 

This is the most extreme example, but I have plenty of others... :/

EqdKIMP.png

 

 

That Z-23, though....his torps are weak enough that he probably wouldnt have killed the Repub anyway, but that setup is a dream come true for a DD and he just died uselessly.

Edited by poeticmotion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
187
[JUICE]
Members
824 posts
6,375 battles
8 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

This. I know it will even out eventually, but I've had a terrible couple of months as far as winning matches. I'm playing as well as I ever have, but I just cant carry hard enough. 

This is the most extreme example, but I have plenty of others... :/

EqdKIMP.png

 

 

That Z-23, though....his torps are weak enough that he probably wouldnt have killed the Repub anyway, but that setup is a dream come true for a DD and he just died uselessly.

I feel your pain! I have a couple of defeats that I have sank 7 ships in. It has been brutal the past couple of months trying to farm damage let alone get a win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[TMS]
Members
2,139 posts
23,826 battles
1 hour ago, NeutralState said:

 

 

Enjoy this gem from first match of the night.

 

Our Z23 taking position middle didn't have the balls to actually spring the trap, ended up getting himself killed without doing anything. Let this be a valuable lesson to DD players wishing to improve. You need to have balls of steel sometimes and if your intention is to set an ambush, ACTUALLY CARRY OUT THE ATTACK. Don't [edited] out at the last moment, slowly starts to back out, then gets cornered and killed. 

If, for whatever, reason you have to stop the attack, ensure your torpedo tubes have the traverse to at least launch a retaliatory salvo. That means orientate your ship according to their torpedo tube's traverse characteristics.

It's very likely that he was radared by that's cleveland so was already taking damage before they got in the channel because they had nothing else to shoot at back there and were not distracted by other in coming fire, so very likely he would not oh gotten his peas off but he still should of tried because he was in a no win situation as far as staying alive at that point.

It cost you 8646 HP when he only had 5140HP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
721
[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,008 battles
33 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

It's very likely that he was radared by that's cleveland so was already taking damage before they got in the channel because they had nothing else to shoot at back there and were not distracted by other in coming fire, so very likely he would not oh gotten his peas off but he still should of tried because he was in a no win situation as far as staying alive at that point.

It cost you 8646 HP when he only had 5140HP.

The video starts 1/3 way through, start at the very beginning. Watch the minimap. He had many chances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
353
[TMS]
Members
2,139 posts
23,826 battles
3 minutes ago, NeutralState said:

The video starts 1/3 way through, start at the very beginning. Watch the minimap. He had many chances.

I looked many times, it seems to me he would of got blapped.

Edited by Final8ty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×