You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Davos_Seaworth

French BB Bourgogne?

39 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,993 posts
4,754 battles

I chuckle whenever someone believes it'll replace the Republique when it is barely half a year since the release of the French bb line.

[AXANR]
Members
3,373 posts
17,176 battles
15 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

I chuckle whenever someone believes it'll replace the Republique when it is barely half a year since the release of the French bb line.

Especially since Republique is an extremely good ship. Alsace and Republique are the best t9/t10 combo of any BB line...two very different ships that are both very good for their tier, without need for gimmicks. I definitely want bourgogne as I love Alsace and Bourgogne has a bit better sigma + reload booster (which is fair since t10 instead of t9), but I wouldn't want to give up Republique for it. And there's no way WG would replace Republique as it's gotten quite popular once people realized that having 8 guns isn't that punitive when you reload every 16 seconds with the right build (with adrenaline rush, after taking some damage. :) ) 

[POP]
Members
1,283 posts
16,260 battles

Wont be a FREE XP ship its tier 10 more like a Arsenal ship to bought by coal or steel

• Cool 1

[KSC]
[KSC]
Members
212 posts
8,466 battles

Why cant they just add some More Historical ships like USS Nevada,  HIJMS Ise, HMS Repulse, or even a Russian Premium like Kransy Kavkaz instead of a Clone of a Paper ship with a extra Gimmick placed at tier te- oh thats why... tier 10... Always has to be tier 9/10 now days with every ship. and if it isn't then its OP for its tier and or has a stupid Gimmick...

Edit: Because there are no more Actually built ships that can fit a tier 10 that wouldn't be weak or to strong,

God I miss the old days when premiums where not like this.

Edited by Admiral_Reeves
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,237 posts
11,044 battles

So aggressively unnecessary I almost wondered if it were WG pulling a LWM 'Thunderer'...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[POP]
Members
1,283 posts
16,260 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Reeves said:

Why cant they just add some More Historical ships like USS Nevada,  HIJMS Ise, HMS Repulse, or even a Russian Premium like Kransy Kavkaz instead of a Clone of a Paper ship with a extra Gimmick placed at tier te- oh thats why... tier 10... Always has to be tier 9/10 now days with every ship. and if it isn't then its OP for its tier and or has a stupid Gimmick...

Edit: Because there are no more Actually built ships that can fit a tier 10 that wouldn't be weak or to strong,

I agree but we are talking about WG here, I don't have problem with some of the high tier ships but we seem to running out of actual built ones as you have mentioned.

WG seems to be running to Wikipedia and other such sites finding ship types and classes and picking out ships that were named but never made it on to the slip ways, when there is so many other ships to many to mention from the 1900's to 1945 that are tiered between 3 and 8 just languishing in development limbo.

Speed booster, radar. DFAA, torpedo reload booster and now main armament reload booster too much, just give me a ship with guns and or torpedos is that to much to ask WG.

regards    

Edited by tm63au

[POP]
Members
1,283 posts
16,260 battles
7 minutes ago, mofton said:

So aggressively unnecessary I almost wondered if it were WG pulling a LWM 'Thunderer'...

I would say they have waiting for such a moment after reading her 100 review, these guys never forget anything that has $ attached to it  

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,414 posts
15,881 battles

So.

Take Pre-Nerf Tier IX Alsace.

Give her slower AP shell velocity.

Slap on MBRB consumable.

Edit Tier IX Alsace to say Tier X Bourgogne

WHA-POW!  New, uninspired Tier X BB.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[4HIM]
Members
2,075 posts
5,566 battles
10 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Can I make a copy and paste ship? I want a Dunkerque with 6 of the Republic's guns, speed boost, and a  puppy...I'll wait.. 

That one would need a lot of benches. Heck, it would need a full up park. Because you need a place for the puppy to play and go potty. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
8,153 posts
5,538 battles
2 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

That one would need a lot of benches. Heck, it would need a full up park. Because you need a place for the puppy to play and go potty. 

The damn mutt can go potty over the side. Hell, my father always said the streets of Paris were littered with dog droppings when he went there, so why not the decks of this ship? :Smile_teethhappy:

In the meantime I'll take either Renown or Repulse in their full WW2 reconstructed forms as a Tier 6 premium.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,100 posts
9,546 battles

I would still choose République over this Alsace 1.2. Especially when a majority of your opponent at this tier has 27mm bow and stern armor

[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles
10 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

How could I forget? Dog park where the catapult should be? 

10 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The damn mutt can go potty over the side. Hell, my father always said the streets of Paris were littered with dog droppings when he went there, so why not the decks of this ship? :Smile_teethhappy:

In the meantime I'll take either Renown or Repulse in their full WW2 reconstructed forms as a Tier 6 premium.

I'd buy either of those...while we are talking real ships, where the hell is the Dreadnought??! 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,414 posts
15,881 battles
10 hours ago, AlcatrazNC said:

I would still choose République over this Alsace 1.2. Especially when a majority of your opponent at this tier has 27mm bow and stern armor

Anything can happen still since it's still in development.

Remember the roller coaster ride of Conqueror development when the RN BB Line was still a WiP?

Of course, we also had WG tinkering with France / Republique when the French BB Line was still being developed.  It was the one ship that I had all kinds of bad vibes about, but it came out looking great.

So we'll see.  It's pretty hard to screw a BB up to Ashitaka levels.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,100 posts
9,546 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Anything can happen still since it's still in development.

Remember the roller coaster ride of Conqueror development when the RN BB Line was still a WiP?

Of course, we also had WG tinkering with France / Republique when the French BB Line was still being developed.  It was the one ship that I had all kinds of bad vibes about, but it came out looking great.

So we'll see.  It's pretty hard to screw a BB up to Ashitaka levels.

Well quite frankly I think it would be hard to balance this ship.

If you put really good sigma to balance the fact their guns are 380mm, it would make the ship kinda OP because 12 380 shells with high sigma can easily end up delete everything. 

If you let the ship as it is, it would just be a T10 Alsace.

If you nerf the ship then why people would play this ship over Jean Bart or Alsace ?

It's a WIP so everything is subject to change but as it is right now, I would play République over Bourgogne.

Members
309 posts
1,936 battles
16 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Well quite frankly I think it would be hard to balance this ship.

If you put really good sigma to balance the fact their guns are 380mm, it would make the ship kinda OP because 12 380 shells with high sigma can easily end up delete everything. 

If you let the ship as it is, it would just be a T10 Alsace.

If you nerf the ship then why people would play this ship over Jean Bart or Alsace ?

It's a WIP so everything is subject to change but as it is right now, I would play République over Bourgogne.

Republique secondary turrets and range on Bourgogne. Best of both worlds, no need for IFHE, and more DPM than Republique at the cost of the overmatching ability.

PS Please remodel Bourgogne to look more like Republique or Jean Bart, like how Jean Bart looks different from Richelieu.

[AXANR]
Members
3,373 posts
17,176 battles
On 8/15/2018 at 11:50 PM, Admiral_Reeves said:

Alsace isn't really a paper ship, though. She would have been built if France hadn't fallen first. She was fully designed and ready to build...her keel was weeks away from being laid when France fell.