Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PCBSD2

Enhanced Match Making

9 comments in this topic

[TASC]
Members
16 posts
11,603 battles

Hi,

I believe I have come across a solution to a serious problem that has been brought up MULTIPLE times but nothing has ever been done to resolve it.

The queue system seems to have a few modes but mainly two:  Tier 1-5 seem to be 2-tier games.  Tier 6-10 seems to 3 tier games.  Once you hit games, in the 6-10 range, have the OPTION both temporary/permanent to enable the 2-tier queue for Tier 6-10 games.  The frustration level beyond T6 games is destroying the morale of a lot of lower level players in my clan as well the higher level players.  No one wants to play T8 and T9 as the uptier to T10 is considered extremely unbalanced as although this is less at T7 uptiered to T9 but the frustration still exists.  There seems to be more than enough players to fill a game with T9/T10 ships and T8/T9 ships all the way back down to T6. 

Please consider this a request for enhancement to the game play.

PCBSD2

Members
651 posts
5,656 battles

The better MM enhancement would be balancing the good and bad players on the team.

Ive had several games lately where my DD is out-average-damaging the entire team by a fair margin, and the enemy team is full of wizard flamuu hybrids.

I topped a team last night with 21k damage and barely anything done.

The game is losing its charm pretty quickly when every match is a one sided stomp where I cant possibly hope to help out since WG ground dd power into the floor.

[5D5]
Members
2,525 posts
15,584 battles

Hate to break it to you but various T9  ships can easily delete T8 ships so that won't really change. Same with various BBs at T8 and T7.

Bottom tier is supposed to teach you valuable lessons on how to adapt your play style to different situations. Trying to limit or eliminate that won't make you a better player when you get to tier 10 just more cannon fodder.

Members
4,709 posts
7,076 battles
1 hour ago, PCBSD2 said:

Hi,

I believe I have come across a solution to a serious problem that has been brought up MULTIPLE times but nothing has ever been done to resolve it.

The queue system seems to have a few modes but mainly two:  Tier 1-5 seem to be 2-tier games.  Tier 6-10 seems to 3 tier games.  Once you hit games, in the 6-10 range, have the OPTION both temporary/permanent to enable the 2-tier queue for Tier 6-10 games.  The frustration level beyond T6 games is destroying the morale of a lot of lower level players in my clan as well the higher level players.  No one wants to play T8 and T9 as the uptier to T10 is considered extremely unbalanced as although this is less at T7 uptiered to T9 but the frustration still exists.  There seems to be more than enough players to fill a game with T9/T10 ships and T8/T9 ships all the way back down to T6. 

Please consider this a request for enhancement to the game play.

PCBSD2

Don't play tier 8-9-10. Simple. ALL I hear on here lately is carping bout those tiers. Then............why play hateful tiers?  I really want to know!  Is it the ego thing?  "I only play high tiers...me bad azz".  But but, anyone can play them. Just buy a high tier ship and little seven year old Timmy is right there. There is nothing elite about playing high tiers...just bigger later era ships. Am I outta line here?  All this crapping bout high tiers has put me off. I was going to buy a tier 9 ship.....WAS.....not now.

Edited by dmckay
  • Cool 1

[TASC]
Members
16 posts
11,603 battles

Honestly, you're saying I shouldn't play any ships from T6 to T10?  Really?  People actually want to progress but it's so slanted against them to progress due to the major GAP of ability of the ships in a 3 tier game they just stop at 6-7.  They get frustrated and quit the game.  Personally, I like this game.  Do I play T9 and T10?  Very seldom.    It's not about liking the ships or even their inherent abilities, it's the fact that you can't progress to higher tiers in a normal progression.  I checked how often for a week that I got uptiered in my T8 into a T10 battles.....  I played 27 times and got uptiered 23 times.... Of those 23 times, I got killed in the first 5 minutes due to 1-2 T10 ships spotting me and deciding I an easy kill.  No matter how safe I played it.... limit of my range (firing and/or detectability), using cover, etc.... Dead.  That's not fun.  It's not a challenge, it's me being the seal to the clubbing party.  I don't mind being the low tier in a 2 tier game.  I find that a challenge.  A 3 tier game is just T8-10 people at the top romping on the lower tiers. 

This OPTION would allow people who want to be 'challenged' in the usual 3 tier games to keep it, but to allow those frustrated with it, to opt for less of a challenge.  Nothing is really necessary except the glue code and an interface button either in port or in the interface settings.  Obviously, the game already has a 2 tier queue as it is prevalent in all the tiers 5 and lower. 

Most of the people that I've talked to are hopeful of this getting implemented.

PCBSD2

Members
4,709 posts
7,076 battles
2 minutes ago, PCBSD2 said:

Honestly, you're saying I shouldn't play any ships from T6 to T10?  Really?  People actually want to progress but it's so slanted against them to progress due to the major GAP of ability of the ships in a 3 tier game they just stop at 6-7.  They get frustrated and quit the game.  Personally, I like this game.  Do I play T9 and T10?  Very seldom.    It's not about liking the ships or even their inherent abilities, it's the fact that you can't progress to higher tiers in a normal progression.  I checked how often for a week that I got uptiered in my T8 into a T10 battles.....  I played 27 times and got uptiered 23 times.... Of those 23 times, I got killed in the first 5 minutes due to 1-2 T10 ships spotting me and deciding I an easy kill.  No matter how safe I played it.... limit of my range (firing and/or detectability), using cover, etc.... Dead.  That's not fun.  It's not a challenge, it's me being the seal to the clubbing party.  I don't mind being the low tier in a 2 tier game.  I find that a challenge.  A 3 tier game is just T8-10 people at the top romping on the lower tiers. 

This OPTION would allow people who want to be 'challenged' in the usual 3 tier games to keep it, but to allow those frustrated with it, to opt for less of a challenge.  Nothing is really necessary except the glue code and an interface button either in port or in the interface settings.  Obviously, the game already has a 2 tier queue as it is prevalent in all the tiers 5 and lower. 

Most of the people that I've talked to are hopeful of this getting implemented.

PCBSD2

Sorry.  I don't follow what point you are making.O....I did not say do not play T6-T7.  Try again. I am not sure if you are responding to me or someone else. 

What is progress?

[TASC]
Members
16 posts
11,603 battles

I'm saying that in order to avoid being in games that are 3 tier, you would have to be in a T5 or lower ships to severely lower the chance of being put in a 3 tier game.  Going above that, I see T6 get uptiered to T8.... but not nearly as often as T8->T10 games.

Progress is moving forward..... Congress is the process of moving backward.  Ever wonder why the US is so messed up? :)

[TASC]
Members
16 posts
11,603 battles
1 hour ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Hate to break it to you but various T9  ships can easily delete T8 ships so that won't really change. Same with various BBs at T8 and T7.

Bottom tier is supposed to teach you valuable lessons on how to adapt your play style to different situations. Trying to limit or eliminate that won't make you a better player when you get to tier 10 just more cannon fodder.

Any ship can inflict serious damage on any ship especially if they are broadside.  That's not the issue.  It's when you're in a T8 ship like a maxed out North Carolina and you come around a bend and a Moskva levels you in 3 salvos despite your being properly angled.  When I get into T10 games with any of my T8s, I'm starting to get the mentality of just get out of that game by ramming, YOLO or any other methods of a quick death.  It's just going to be a waste of my time. If I'm middle tier, I'll play.  If I'm top, I'll hunt other top tiers ships.

As for 'valuable lessons', it teaches nothing.  People just either don't advance or quit the game entirely believing it to have 'bugs' or just poorly designed.  They also believe that, after over a year of complaining that the developers are either incompetent, out-of-touch with their user base, sadistic or just don't care to change their code as they are in love with it.

It's a simple change and can be easily implemented.  Debating philosophy or what psychology of the intent of their 3 tier system is a moot point.  It's a game and it's missing its mark of entertainment by causing anger and frustration at the gameplay.

[5D5]
Members
2,525 posts
15,584 battles
19 hours ago, PCBSD2 said:

Any ship can inflict serious damage on any ship especially if they are broadside.  That's not the issue.  It's when you're in a T8 ship like a maxed out North Carolina and you come around a bend and a Moskva levels you in 3 salvos despite your being properly angled.  When I get into T10 games with any of my T8s, I'm starting to get the mentality of just get out of that game by ramming, YOLO or any other methods of a quick death.  It's just going to be a waste of my time. If I'm middle tier, I'll play.  If I'm top, I'll hunt other top tiers ships.

You're doing something very wrong if you're "angled" in an NC and a Moskva can take you out in 3 savlos. Please provide a replay.

As for 'valuable lessons', it teaches nothing.  People just either don't advance or quit the game entirely believing it to have 'bugs' or just poorly designed.  They also believe that, after over a year of complaining that the developers are either incompetent, out-of-touch with their user base, sadistic or just don't care to change their code as they are in love with it.

Ok if you say so, the player that wants to learn will realize they need to adapt and focus different ships when they are the bottom tier especially early in the game. The lazy player will always blame everything but themselves.

It's a simple change and can be easily implemented.  Debating philosophy or what psychology of the intent of their 3 tier system is a moot point.  It's a game and it's missing its mark of entertainment by causing anger and frustration at the gameplay.

Yes they did this by protecting Tiers 3 & 4 and those new players hit T5 crying all over forums. You can't protect every tier and expect players to have any clue how to actually play the game at T10 suddenly. T10 is bad enough already since so many have failed their way up there that the majority of teams are filled with bad players that have no situational awareness, lack any understanding of how to make an impact on the match, when to take damage (god forbid) instead of running away, etc.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Sign in to follow this