You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
desmo_2

Post game compliments

20 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
4,829 posts
10,586 battles

They mean nothing.  Zero.  No one cares.  Pointless. 

Well...

...but...

...okay, I'm not gonna lie.  Sometimes I have one of those games when I either hard carry a team to victory, or I throw the anchor and slow my team's defeat.  Either way, I end up 500, 600, 700+ points ahead of my next highest team mate in base XP.  When I have one of those games and feel like I far and away earned an MVP award, then get back to port and...nothing.  No one cared.  Really?  I mean...really?  None of you noticed how many potatoes I was carrying on my back?!?  LOL  it's not like I can pull that off very often, and when I finally get a big game...no one appreciated it.

Consider this one of those reminders that gets posted every now and then on these here forums.  If you have a team mate (or opponent!) who really does well...let them know!  There is so much salt and bitterness in chat...well deserved compliments in chat during the game and/or a compliment post game CAN improve our gaming community...if even just a bit.  A player scores #1 on the team with a bottom tier ship?  That's worth a compliment!  Someone outscores the #2 player by several hundred base XP?  That's worth a compliment!  A team mate covers you with smoke when you were being focus fired and were in trouble?  That's worth a compliment!  A single red thwarts you and several of your team mates' attempts to push a cap with smart play?  That's worth a compliment!  I have been making a point to notice these things and give compliments where they are due.

This "Karma" post was episode #1!  See episode #2 for advice on when to submit complaints!

:Smile_trollface::Smile_teethhappy:  JUST KIDDING!  It appears no one needs tips on when to submit complaints!   LOL

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 2

[CLANB]
Members
40 posts
5,821 battles

I usually use 2000 base XP as a threshold for compliments, or clearly helping the group out with situational awareness/tactics in chat. 

[TMS]
Members
2,126 posts
23,814 battles
19 minutes ago, Burninator_USAF said:

I usually use 2000 base XP as a threshold for compliments, or clearly helping the group out with situational awareness/tactics in chat. 

2000 base, man you are tight fisted. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Final8ty

[O_O]
Members
1,039 posts
7,195 battles

well, if you looking for compliments from playing a good game...then...goodluck with that buddy. lol 

after 5000 battles ive only received one compliment....and it was an indirect compliment from the opposing team. 

the comment was ...(said to the BB driver that was the prime target of CVs )...keep also in mind there were like 3 to 2 near the end where we were winning...and i was in the Atlanta.  so know my BB AA guns were crap and we were charging after that CV.  i could have done one of two things...1. continue to charge after that CV, or 2. help defend my BB from the massive air raid heading his way.  i saw that on the map...and cancelled my pursuit of the CV and changed course to intercept my BB.  as all them planes came racing at us ...i turned on AA def...and shot down all the planes....in 30 sec shot down over 30-40 planes.  saving my BB from certain death.  my BB ended up killing that CV at long range.  

the compliment was:

Enemy CV:  You better compliment that Atlanta, BB....

team BB: Already did...

my game style has not changed since then i've done the same for other players many times over....

that compliment was the first and last time ive seen it posted publicly.  and I Dont expect to see it....happening again.  

[SKI]
Members
136 posts
5,924 battles

As far as getting a compliment for having a good game, doesn't happen very often for me. But, have a bad game and "slam", "plays badly" x10.

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
716 posts
6,219 battles

It's nice to be complimented. Use 'em. 

No need to just hand them out but don't hold back either. I probably give out more worthy adversary's than compliments depending on whether I'm on a losing streak or not lol. It also forces humility, a trait that hasn't come easy to me and needs exercised regularly O_o

• Cool 1

[ICOP]
Members
145 posts
7,338 battles

I don't really use an XP 'ruler' to decide when to give Karma.  Rather I give points to someone that provides obvious help towards a team victory.  Sometimes that help results in the person being on top of the leader board with a huge XP number, but not always.  Consider the CL that notices the enemy is about to cap our base and rushes towards certain death to reset the cap until a friendly BB can lumber around an island and into range.  That CL probably finished down on the leader board, but he saved the win for his team.

Sometimes I give Karma to a teammate who works together with me (i.e. BB that works with me when I'm in a CL) and together we both do a lot of damage.  I had one of those just yesterday.

As for Karma to the reds, if I have a brawl with a certain ship and we are both dealing damage to each other until one of us is deleted, I usually give the red ship a 'Worthy Adversary' vote.

As for negative Karma, I don't give it out except for F key spam and obnoxious behavior in chat towards another teammate.  Reporting someone for 'Poor Play' is a  stupid and worthless waste of time IMO.  AFK takes care of itself now, and I'm not coming down on someone that got into a 'life happens' situation just after he hit the 'Battle' button.

Finally, I wish Karma came with an explanation from the sender.  Too often I gain or lose points and don't have a clue why.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,829 posts
10,586 battles
29 minutes ago, Joe_918145 said:

I don't really use an XP 'ruler' to decide when to give Karma.

As I stated in my post, Base XP is one measure to give a compliment...not the only measure.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

I got a post game compliment once a long time ago that sent me to the moon- I was smitten. Said I’d do the same for someone every game I played but that got old quickly... there just isn’t that much commendable gameplay happening.  But, with that said- if I see it I’m  happy to compliment it. 

I expect phenomenal play from unicums- they need to double kraken to get my attention. But for the average normie be cooperative and share your resources... take a hit or two for me... it really doesn’t take much but I still close the day with a bank full of compliments. 

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,145 posts
10,070 battles

I make sure to wait until after the match to do comps so they see it in port. Always a warm fuzzy feeling seeing them appear. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,285 posts
7,636 battles

i wait until after the match is over most of the time, to make one last evaluation.   i usually give comps out to people who are nice, played well, was a good teammate(regardless of score) and sometimes to a player on the enemy team for playing well.  plus i don't have to worry about complimenting someone just to later want to report them for intentionally throwing the match, teamkilling, or being an [edited]to everyone. 

[ARGSY]
Members
1,711 posts
10,027 battles
12 minutes ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

Ok your all a big group of great players who through your acts of kindness give out compliments with expectations met. Congratulations

Beat it.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,711 posts
10,027 battles
3 minutes ago, _Lord_Scott_ said:

Michael Jackson Lives on!

Yeah, I got the song stuck in my head after that post.

[PSP]
Members
7,923 posts
10,494 battles

I don't give complements using the Karma system, I give them in game chat. When I say something like "Nice torps, Gearing!" and get back a "Thanks!" it's worth a lot more than a Karma point.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,058 posts
9,472 battles

It's hard to give compliment to people when most of the time they are just salty.

Well I could just play low tier ship and find people who are actually nice but I'm not a real fan of low tier games...