Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Happy668

Why arsenal/inventory/clan interface so slow?

10 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
2,301 posts

why can't WG make it just like other game data that's instant, we aren't talking about huge amount of data, pretty pathetic amount actually

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
775 posts
3,675 battles
7 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

why can't WG make it just like other game data that's instant, we aren't talking about huge amount of data, pretty pathetic amount actually

From what I can tell they use a web browser for the arsenal... I wish they would just keep it in game.

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
497 posts
29 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

It is sometimes slow for me too but most of the time, it loads with ease.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,301 posts
1 hour ago, Leopard_IX said:

It is sometimes slow for me too but most of the time, it loads with ease.

it's always slow for me, and lots of times can't even load after minutes

my internet is 60MB downstream so that's not the problem

[BRZKR]
[BRZKR]
Members
497 posts
7 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

it's always slow for me, and lots of times can't even load after minutes

my internet is 60MB downstream so that's not the problem

It's not an internet thing. It is from WG's end. I would recommend contacting WG support about it.

Members
100 posts
2,503 battles
2 hours ago, mobryan said:

Some of the port add-ons have actually used Flash... Like, really??? :fish_palm:

Matt

WG (along with most big video games) uses Scaleform for the UI. It's not actually flash, it just uses flash files as inputs. I think the premium shop, news, and arsenal may be running in a web-browser though, I'm not sure. 

I do find the UI to be rather sluggish, particularly when changing flags or switching ships when the game has to pull data from disk. If I had an SSD I bet it would work a bit better.

Members
3,968 posts
6,687 battles

Would be interesting to find out PC specs - I have never found the ports to be slow - even with a very old graphics card and a mechanical hard drive.  The difference between the Arsenal/Inventory with the old card and my new one is non-existent.  Don't use the clan interface since I am not in a clan but I doubt I would find it low.

Do you play on a laptop by any chance?.

[SIDE]
Members
775 posts
3,675 battles
1 hour ago, _TheEntireUniverse_ said:

WG (along with most big video games) uses Scaleform for the UI. It's not actually flash, it just uses flash files as inputs. I think the premium shop, news, and arsenal may be running in a web-browser though, I'm not sure. 

I do find the UI to be rather sluggish, particularly when changing flags or switching ships when the game has to pull data from disk. If I had an SSD I bet it would work a bit better.

Pretty positive that it is using the web browsers for premium and arsenal. If you are having trouble using Arsenal and nothing works. You can always go to arsenal.worldofwarships.com to get around it.... *sigh* That's what I need to do to purchase my arsenal goods.

[FGNE]
Members
483 posts
2,772 battles

I have SSD and the Arsenal and the overall UI is a little sluggish(but never more than a second or two); I’m also sure it’s because of web traffic (both to and from the server). Basically every choice (I.e. flags, camo, consumables, etc.) must be communicated and acknowledged by the server.

My 2 cents.

Edit: Also I think it might have to do with the amount of hops the connection has to make to reach WG server; bear in mind that your connection speed is only between you and your ISP, and not between your ISP and whatever destination for the packets.

Edited by CO_Valle

Sign in to follow this