Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ericson38

33% win rate in 42 games

45 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

56
[KRAK]
Members
936 posts
11,406 battles

How is it close to possible that I can, when joining a team, bring them all down this far ? I have a 36K average damage with Bismarck ( about 1/2 what it should be), and very low K/D ratio.

I am only 1/12th of the team, and play mostly T8-10 battles, so not a large contributor anyway, but basically, this is how the dice has rolled for these 42 sets of players (close to 500 ship players).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,352
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,265 posts
10,432 battles

Still a very small sample this can totally happen. Ask the forum how many people have had a 10 game or more loosing streak. It is rare depending on the player but not that rare. 

Just keep playing. Think about your performance at the end of each battle and move on. Do not worry about the performance of your team mates. 

Cheers.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
503
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,958 posts
5,976 battles

Keep playing and break through or go on a hiatus for a bit. I am on hiatus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
370
[O7]
Members
590 posts
13,449 battles
11 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

How is it close to possible that I can, when joining a team, bring them all down this far ? I have a 36K average damage with Bismarck ( about 1/2 what it should be), and very low K/D ratio.

I am only 1/12th of the team, and play mostly T8-10 battles, so not a large contributor anyway, but basically, this is how the dice has rolled for these 42 sets of players (close to 500 ship players).

36k for a bismark is shockingly low.  Are you expecting more than a 33% win rate when contributing less than half of what is expected? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,556 battles
9 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

How is it close to possible that I can, when joining a team, bring them all down this far ? I have a 36K average damage with Bismarck ( about 1/2 what it should be), and very low K/D ratio.

I am only 1/12th of the team, and play mostly T8-10 battles, so not a large contributor anyway, but basically, this is how the dice has rolled for these 42 sets of players (close to 500 ship players).

You're 1/12 of the team but you're not contributing to the win in any meaningful way at all. You're basically making it an 11 vs 12, and only are winning when the other team is so bad that they are losing despite having a 1 ship advantage.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
552
[-SYN-]
[-SYN-]
Alpha Tester
1,168 posts
4,816 battles
20 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

How is it close to possible that I can, when joining a team, bring them all down this far ? I have a 36K average damage with Bismarck ( about 1/2 what it should be), and very low K/D ratio.

I am only 1/12th of the team, and play mostly T8-10 battles, so not a large contributor anyway, but basically, this is how the dice has rolled for these 42 sets of players (close to 500 ship players).

You might not be the common denominator. To start with, how many battles do you have so far in the Bismarck? Is it fully researched? What modules and consumables are you running? How are your captain points distributed? What ammunition do you typically have loaded and do you switch it often depending on the situation? 

Very few players fall into the lost cause category, and if you wouldn't mind uploading a replay we may be more able to help you out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56
[KRAK]
Members
936 posts
11,406 battles
10 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

You might not be the common denominator. To start with, how many battles do you have so far in the Bismarck? Is it fully researched? What modules and consumables are you running? How are your captain points distributed? What ammunition do you typically have loaded and do you switch it often depending on the situation? 

Very few players fall into the lost cause category, and if you wouldn't mind uploading a replay we may be more able to help you out.

Fully researched, 42 games, 14 point captain, secondary build, HE sometimes more effective than AP. I get a lot of 1106 damage to another ship from a full salvo, and have had Aoba get over 2000 damage back in return, several times, while I miss (a great deal, in return). Forget going up against a T10 cruiser.

Edited by Ericson38

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,129
[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,259 posts
13 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

How is it close to possible that I can, when joining a team, bring them all down this far ? I have a 36K average damage with Bismarck ( about 1/2 what it should be), and very low K/D ratio.

I am only 1/12th of the team, and play mostly T8-10 battles, so not a large contributor anyway, but basically, this is how the dice has rolled for these 42 sets of players (close to 500 ship players).

 

Tier 8 is pretty brutal right now due to all the uptiering. I've certainly been having a lot of trouble at that tier lately, on top of a pretty disappointing streak of teams. A bad series of losses isn't anything to be worried about, so long as you're doing your best to improve.

That said, there are some things which could be improved about your gameplay. I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of looking at your stats. The good news is that you've done well with the staying alive bit—most of your ships boost a fairly respectable survival rating. Having a good survival rating is a bit of a double sided axe though, since it could also mean you're not participating in the action and influencing the battle. This is an issue I have, actually, and it's a continuous struggle trying to figure out where I could have the largest impact on a game's outcome. I'd recommend looking at the minimap every now and then, and asking yourself where your ship can do the most damage to the enemy team. Keep in mind where the enemy ships are, how much fire you might take, and your effective gun ranges (not max range—effective range on the Bismark's somewhere between 8~15km.) 

Don't worry about staying alive when doing this. Just focus on doing as much damage to the enemy team as possible while still alive. Then, after you start doing an amount of damage equal to your ship's health, start lengthening the amount of time you're floating.

 

3 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

Fully researched, 42 games, 14 point captain, secondary build, HE sometimes more effective than AP. I get a lot of 1106 damage to another ship from a full salvo, and have had Aoba get over 2000 damage back in return, several times, while I miss (a great deal, in return). Forget going up against a T10 cruiser.

 

And this sound like an aim issue. Have you ever tried going into the training rooms? I'd highly recommend it. But a few bots on the enemy team, in ships that have been giving you trouble. Use this to figure out where to shoot them. I can promise you that there's a lot to learn by doing this.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,556 battles
4 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

Fully researched, 42 games, 14 point captain, secondary build, HE sometimes more effective than AP. I get a lot of 1106 damage to another ship from a full salvo, and have had Aoba get over 2000 damage back in return, several times, while I miss (a great deal, in return). Forget going up against a T10 cruiser.

This might come as a strange question, but how much experience do you have with shooting games like this one? It sounds like you aren't aiming correctly, and considering how many matches you've played, your aim isn't improving.

 

Aim in this game can is a lot more complex than people realize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[NPG]
Members
88 posts
2,382 battles

Don't feel bad man just take a little lesson from each battle. I'm still trying to learn Bismarck myself. The AP feels like it over pens any cruiser and just shatters on any BB. I also get the HE feeling like it does more. Got irritated and just spammed HE one match and came out making more than I did with AP but I'm going to tell you right now don't get caught up on the HE so much. There has to be a sweet spot there for others to making the avg. Damage they are. I'm about 12k short of the server avg. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56
[KRAK]
Members
936 posts
11,406 battles
9 minutes ago, Super_S1X said:

This might come as a strange question, but how much experience do you have with shooting games like this one? It sounds like you aren't aiming correctly, and considering how many matches you've played, your aim isn't improving.

 

Aim in this game can is a lot more complex than people realize.

I do ok with ARP Myoko, which is AIM intensive. Shchors is great and they land where I place them. With KGV I am getting 55K damage average on currently. With these three ships I hit the average population's performance in damage per game, using WoW Stats and Numbers as a metric. Bismarck's AP many times lets me down, only to have a cruiser return 4-5000 damage to my 1120 damage in return. Up close, aiming at deck to hull joint, I have shells hit the water and fly over ship a lot. may 3 out of 8 will hit something at 6-7 k range, which is where I occasionally go to get the secs into action (I have DE also). So the captain has:

Expert Loader, Expert Marksman, BFT, DE, and CE right now, waiting till I get to 15 points and then want to add AD Rush. 

Edited by Ericson38

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
349
[TMS]
Members
2,126 posts
23,814 battles
51 minutes ago, bfk_ferlyfe said:

36k for a bismark is shockingly low.  Are you expecting more than a 33% win rate when contributing less than half of what is expected? 

This ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,556 battles
9 minutes ago, Ericson38 said:

I do ok with ARP Myoko, which is AIM intensive. Shchors is great and they land where I place them. With KGV I am getting 55K damage average on currently. With these three ships I hit the average population's performance in damage per game, using WoW Stats and Numbers as a metric. Bismarck's AP many times lets me down, only to have a cruiser return 4-5000 damage to my 1120 damage in return. Up close, aiming at deck to hull joint, I have shells hit the water and fly over ship a lot. may 3 out of 8 will hit something at 6-7 k range, which is where I occasionally go to get the secs into action (I have DE also). So the captain has:

Expert Loader, Expert Marksman, BFT, DE, and CE right now, waiting till I get to 15 points and then want to add AD Rush. 

I want to compliment you on your willingness to look at stats and your desire to improve! You'd be surprised how resistant many players are to this crucial first step on the road to good gameplay. 

Now, I invite you to take a look at my profile on wows stats and direct your attention to my Bismark performance. Now, I'm not a unicum by any means, I'm just a typical blueberry, however I wanted you to look so you can see advice I'm giving you is sound. If you compare the main batter hit percentage between my Bismark and yours, therein you will see a large difference, and that hit percentage is the main reason why my average damage (And wins) are higher than yours in the ship.

 

Now, down to the advice part. I suggest you enable training rooms (Totally legal and available through Aslain's modpack) and spend some time in training rooms experimenting with firing at bots from different angles and ranges to try to develop a sense for how the shells traverse the map and target, without the pressure of the match. You can be much more observant and objective in a training room, plus no one is shooting at you. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
370
[O7]
Members
590 posts
13,449 battles

Honestly, have you tried taking the ship into a training room with active bots?  I know this may sound silly, but many of us do this to try things out.  You can get tons of low pressure shots in and see what works and what doesnt. The game has a built in aim assist that rewards the player for accurate aim by granting you better dispersion.  If your aim is fundamentally off, you will always find it difficult to do damage.

Edited by bfk_ferlyfe
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,556 battles
8 minutes ago, bfk_ferlyfe said:

Honestly, have you tried taking the ship into a training room with active bots?  I know this may sound silly, but many of us do this to try things out.  You can get tons of low pressure shots in and see what works and what doesnt. The game has a built in aim assist that rewards the player for accurate aim by granting you better dispersion.  If your aim is fundamentally off, you will always find it difficult to do damage.

You must be reading my mail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,150
[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,351 posts
13,903 battles
1 hour ago, Ericson38 said:

How is it close to possible that I can, when joining a team, bring them all down this far ? I have a 36K average damage with Bismarck ( about 1/2 what it should be), and very low K/D ratio.

I am only 1/12th of the team, and play mostly T8-10 battles, so not a large contributor anyway, but basically, this is how the dice has rolled for these 42 sets of players (close to 500 ship players).

What is your captain points at for this ship? the Bismarck needs a higher skill captain to shine. 

You can't control your teammates but you can control you. Your damage is low, what could you do to improve that? Only you know how you play, but I would focus on two things, protecting your ship more and waiting for better shots. So many times people want to fire their guns as soon as they are ready... waiting....wait wait.... then boom, sometimes waiting 10 extra seconds is the difference between 1130 damage or 20k +... if you have a bad angle....and the luxury of waiting... then wait.

good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56
[KRAK]
Members
936 posts
11,406 battles
41 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

This ^^

It would be 1/2 of one 1/12th (for an average player), as in these high tier games I'm NOT holding a base like Zao, Neptune, or even Atlanta can do.

What I'm saying is that my contribution (1/12 of the teams total output), being about 1/2 what it should be for average play, for games where I'm not dominant tier, should not drive all those teams into loss at a 65% rate, which is bad odds for them at the get go.

Imagine me in a game against T6s, for the flip side, where I had better shine brightly if the red team has a T8 BB too. If I was a dud in that match, then I would agree that I am effecting the whole team's chances at better than 1/12th, since I have a large role to play.

Edited by Ericson38

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
484
[DAB]
Members
1,995 posts
6,846 battles

Small sample size. Your account average starts to show around ~200 games plus any time added for learning a new ship, failing with a lower point captain, stock grind woes, improving as a player irrespective of ship, etc.

tl;dr your numbers only make sense to you because they are contextualized, don't worry about what others may think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
418 posts
7,044 battles

May need to try a different ship than Bismarck if it’s not clicking for you or watch some YouTube vids for tips to improve 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56
[KRAK]
Members
936 posts
11,406 battles
38 minutes ago, Super_S1X said:

I want to compliment you on your willingness to look at stats and your desire to improve! You'd be surprised how resistant many players are to this crucial first step on the road to good gameplay. 

Now, I invite you to take a look at my profile on wows stats and direct your attention to my Bismark performance. Now, I'm not a unicum by any means, I'm just a typical blueberry, however I wanted you to look so you can see advice I'm giving you is sound. If you compare the main batter hit percentage between my Bismark and yours, therein you will see a large difference, and that hit percentage is the main reason why my average damage (And wins) are higher than yours in the ship.

 

Now, down to the advice part. I suggest you enable training rooms (Totally legal and available through Aslain's modpack) and spend some time in training rooms experimenting with firing at bots from different angles and ranges to try to develop a sense for how the shells traverse the map and target, without the pressure of the match. You can be much more observant and objective in a training room, plus no one is shooting at you. ;)

I did that in PTS when they first came out and then decided that the Bismarck was the way to go, compared to any other T8 BB I tested. Of course those BOTs did not move. But I could sink two BOTs faster in Bis than any other T8. Was a 15 pt captain, but other than that....

Would sail BIS between to NCs, and sink one with secs, the other with main guns. No other T8 could do this faster. Simple test though.

Bis's dispersion is much higher than any other ship I have, and I have do high latency (300 ms due to satellite internet connection on the Chesapeake Bay which all that is available on this peninsula). But it does not effect my other ships near as bad, so I don't think latency would effect only one ship's ability to connect to target more than another. Bis has very high vel shells, so I think that actually helps in this regard. But my hit rate is low with Bismarck also.

Last night I played a few games at around 3AM and for some reason, I was getting real good hits and even had two games over 110 K damage. Actually playing better than KGV, getting multiple cits (3 or 4 in one game) and 11K damage salvos in one game after another. Then this AM at 9 or so, back to 20K damage in game. Same tier spread though.

How does the MODPAK figure into the training room ?>?>?

Edited by Ericson38

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
855 posts
3,736 battles

You need to get better as a player, nothing wrong with that, there are many things you can do to improve. The biggest thing you need to improve is your aim, your hit rate is 23 percent, you are not hitting what your shooting at. 

 

You need to switch your cross hair to Dynamic cross hair ASAP

 

You need to learn to aim better, and then make sure you have learned the maps, IE, Don't go A on mountain range ect. Make sure you also watch some videos on positioning. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×