You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

Legendary Upgrade

12 comments in this topic

Members
702 posts

What DDs are HIGHLY recommended.   I am doing Yamato and Hindenburg but want to upgrade one of my DDs as well. 

Note: The 4th? Phase of 15 wins has CO-Op filled with T10s 

Thanks beforehand :)

Congrats in GK. I have her but Flamu’s enthusiasm about Yamato got me into phase 5 with her.  I have seen some great secondary scores on my GK with manual secondaries. What build out are u using? 

Edited by Toxic_Potato

[H_]
Members
1,222 posts

Can anyone explain the Zao's LU?  It seems to make the ship worse than before in main gun range??

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,749 posts
3,923 battles
1 hour ago, Toxic_Potato said:

What DDs are HIGHLY recommended.   I am doing Yamato and Hindenburg but want to upgrade one of my DDs as well. 

Note: The 4th? Phase of 15 wins has CO-Op filled with T10s 

Thanks beforehand :)

Congrats in GK. I have her but Flamu’s enthusiasm about Yamato got me into phase 5 with her.  I have seen some great secondary scores on my GK with manual secondaries. What build out are u using? 

I don't recommend any of the DD upgrades. Maybe the Gearing for randoms thats about it. 

Members
2,056 posts
8,014 battles
1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

Can anyone explain the Zao's LU?  It seems to make the ship worse than before in main gun range??

Legendary replaces mod that gives Zao more gun range (more than the Legendary), so you essentially sacrifice your range for it.   Gun range is pretty handy on that ship for obvious reasons, and you lose 8% of it with the Legendary mod.

Edited by Ramsalot
  • Cool 1

[POP]
Members
303 posts
5,255 battles

I almost have the Mino one but it is useless with my current play style. :(

[PVE]
Members
12,314 posts
8,463 battles
2 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

Legendary replaces mod that gives Zao more gun range (more than the Legendary), so you essentially sacrifice your range for it.   Gun range is pretty handy on that ship for obvious reasons, and you lose 8% of it with the Legendary mod.

The Zao Unique Upgrade goes into slot 6 and give -20% rudder shift, -7% dispersion and +8% range. The other slot 6 upgrades are MBM3 (-12% reload, -13% traverse), TTM3 (-15% torp reload, +50% torp incapacitate), GFCSM2 (+16% range), AAGM3 (+25% AA DPS), and SBM3 (-20% secondary reload).

So a Zao with GFCSM2 installed has a range of 18.8km instead of 16.2km. The normal dispersion is 136m and the rudder shift is 7.7s.

The Zao Unique Upgrade gives the Zao a range of 17.5km instead of 16.2km. The dispersion is 132m and the rudder shift is 6.2s. 

So with the Unique upgrade over the GFCSM2, you get 1.3km less range, for 4m less dispersion and 1.5s less time on the rudder shift. I can see this working for those people who would want to get closer and dodge shells over the long range shooting. YMMV on which is better.

IMO, I would not use the Unique Upgrade on the Zao I think, but some will I believe. IMO, I would probably use the range or AA upgrade I think when I get the Zao or maybe the torp reload in slot 6.

FYI, the other upgrades and what they do.

MBM3 will make the reload go down to 12.1s from 13.7s. The traverse will go from 5 deg/sec to 4.35 deg/sec meaning that the 180 deg turn will go from 36s to 41.4s. This traverse is before the EM skill and/or the MBM2 upgrade are subtracted. The range will be 16.2km.

TTM3 will make the torp reload do down to 145.4s from the  171s for the 12km torps.  The reload for the 8km torps will go down to 88.4s from the 104s. Both will have a +50% chance to be incapacitated.

AAGM3 will make the 25mm  20x1 AA DPS go to 45 from 36, 25mm  11x3 AA DPS go to 83.9 from 67.1, 40mm  9x2 go to 123.8 from 99 and the 100mm  6x2 go to 156 from 124.8. These are before the BFT skill and/or the AA signal flag are added.

SBM3 will 6x2  100mm secondary guns reload go to 2.4s from 3s. This is before the BFT skill and/or the secondary signal flag are added.