You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Next steel ship?

Next steel ship?   

93 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think the next steel ship will be?

• Alaska
    • Jean Bart
    • Bourgogne
    • Cossack
    • Prince Eitel Friedrich
    • Other

103 comments in this topic

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,732 posts
10,273 battles

So after players have completed clan battles this season and ranked next season, we will likely have a few members with some steel to spend. If a player had gotten both the flint and the black and ranked out a few more times and has gotten the Stalingrad after getting 3 clan battles flags, a player could have as much as 14000 steel: 

7500 steel for 8 rank outs

5500 steel for a rank out in season 10

22000 steel from 3 seasons of cb - 21000 steel for discounted Stalingrad = 1000 steel. 

So will we see another steel ship released sometime around the end of next ranked season? 

If so, will it be one of the premiums in testing currently or will it be something else? 

I can't see them waiting too much longer to release the next steel ship. I believe that it will be the Alaska, Bourgogne, or Jean Bart. I think the Cossack will release alongside the British dds and the Prince Eitel Friedrich. However it makes one wonder what happens to the other 2 t9 or t10 ships. They have never sold a t9 or t10, so will the other 2 be fxp ships or hung onto until later dates? Or will we possibly see 2 steel ships? 

Regardless, it's going to be fun earning steel for some of these ships. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,284 posts
4,970 battles

prinz eittel is definitly a tier6 german premium to the prem shop. it wwould be very weird to introduce a tier 6 steel ship.

cossack will join the server alongside the british DDs i think.

Bourbogne is still too new,she might replace republique or become a clan war reward,or maybe steel,yes.

alaska MUST become a free exp ship,if she become steel/coal,the negative reception will be enormous.

jean bart might become steel.

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
2,219 posts
4,185 battles

I feel La Terrible as an intermediate reward could be interesting. Of course I would rather have her sold normally. 

Edited by warheart1992

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,284 posts
4,970 battles
2 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

IMO steel ships should be like the Salem.

so basically nerfed versions?

Edited by Cruxdei

[PVE]
Members
7,176 posts
12,363 battles

Hopefully none of the above even though I don't want all of them. The whole concept of putting ships behind a "steel curtain" is something I dislike based on how it is obtained.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,357 posts
10,910 battles
4 minutes ago, Schindlers_Stink_Fist said:

The Alaska isn't going to be a Steel ship, there would be lynchings....also, WG would lose the opportunity to cash in. 

was just going to say the same thing, and given WGNA's HQ is in Texas now They're a lot easier to get at!

-> disgruntled fanbase :cap_look::cap_viking::fish_viking::Smile_izmena::Smile_playing:

(note: I'm not suggesting we hurt people, its just a joke!!!!)

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,284 posts
4,970 battles
Just now, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Well so the Flint is OP. 

flint is an abomination,a mistake  of nature,it is what atlanta should be.

it's a completely different(and better) beast,totally not "balanced" like poor salem.

• Boring 1

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,732 posts
10,273 battles

Alaska is only important to the NA server and the Russian devs have proven that they couldn't care less about what players in other servers think. So don't be surprised if it does indeed does come as a steel ship. 

• Bad 2

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,284 posts
4,970 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Alaska is only important to the NA server and the Russian devs have proven that they couldn't care less about what players in other servers think. So don't be surprised if it does indeed does come as a steel ship. 

meanwhile the NA server is one of the server with the biggest  numbers of "paying" players,or whales,or so i heard.

what we lack in numbers,we compensate in money spent.

[PVE]
Members
12,248 posts
8,463 battles
40 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

So after players have completed clan battles this season and ranked next season, we will likely have a few members with some steel to spend. If a player had gotten both the flint and the black and ranked out a few more times and has gotten the Stalingrad after getting 3 clan battles flags, a player could have as much as 14000 steel: 

7500 steel for 8 rank outs

5500 steel for a rank out in season 10

22000 steel from 3 seasons of cb - 21000 steel for discounted Stalingrad = 1000 steel. 

So will we see another steel ship released sometime around the end of next ranked season? 

If so, will it be one of the premiums in testing currently or will it be something else? 

I can't see them waiting too much longer to release the next steel ship. I believe that it will be the Alaska, Bourgogne, or Jean Bart. I think the Cossack will release alongside the British dds and the Prince Eitel Friedrich. However it makes one wonder what happens to the other 2 t9 or t10 ships. They have never sold a t9 or t10, so will the other 2 be fxp ships or hung onto until later dates? Or will we possibly see 2 steel ships? 

Regardless, it's going to be fun earning steel for some of these ships. 

As long as WG sells Alaska for coal, FXP or money to go along with steel, then fine. If Alaska is steel only, I think that the Alabamapocalypse will look like a kindergarten fight.

• Cool 4

[FARQD]
Members
482 posts
6,864 battles
6 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Wouldn't the new proposed premium tier 10 French BB put all such speculations to rest? How else would they give out a tier 10 ship? Don't quote me on that though :)

[SWANS]
Beta Testers
146 posts
6,852 battles

If you look at all the steel ships they all tested gimmic ships I think the French battle ship is next.

[NOBUL]
Members
333 posts
3,568 battles

If WG continues with the "buy premium tier 10s with steel" then I'd say Bourgogne will be one. Unless, of course, they down-tier her to tier 9.

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,732 posts
10,273 battles
4 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

Wouldn't the new proposed premium tier 10 French BB put all such speculations to rest? How else would they give out a tier 10 ship? Don't quote me on that though :)

That's the question. They have 3 high tier premiums in testing. They've never sold high tier premiums for money. What is their plan for all 3 of them? 

• Cool 1

[STW]
Members
696 posts
4,983 battles

I'm expecting the Alaska and JB to be both FXP and coal ships, Bourgogne to end up like the Salem and be an extreme coal ship because I don't see it being good enough to warrant being a steel ship, and the other 2 just regular premiums.  I would imagine if they lock Alaska behind a steel curtain, the drama would probably make Alabamagate look like a polite conversation that passed quietly into the night.  I am curious to see what comes as the next steel ship, but I think they're so focused on figuring out what to do with the Stalingrad that they aren't really worrying about steel ships beyond that at the moment.  And knowing Wargaming, all my logic is probably completely wrong.

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,732 posts
10,273 battles
5 minutes ago, Deviathan said:

I would imagine if they lock Alaska behind a steel curtain, the drama would probably make Alabamagate look like a polite conversation that passed quietly into the night. 

I understand that the Alaska is a much anticipated ship, but what I don't understand is why it's much anticipated. Seems like a meh ship with a lackluster military career that was decommissioned 3 years after being commissioned.

Why do people want such a junk ship? It was hardly around, did nothing of mention, and seems to be a meh design. 

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[SALVO]
Members
18,281 posts
18,863 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I understand that the Alaska is a much anticipated ship, but what I don't understand is why it's much anticipated. Seems like a meh ship with a lackluster military career that was decommissioned 3 years after being commissioned.

Why do people want such a junk ship? It was hardly around, did nothing of mention, and seems to be a meh design. 

There was nothing inherently wrong with the Alaskas.  They were decommissioned so soon because they were almost as costly to run as battleships.  Much more so than regular cruisers.  And at a time when the government was cutting back on the navy.  There simply wasn't any pressing need for the Alaskas at that time. 

But hey, it's not like any of the Iowas did much of anything either.  I don't recall them getting involved in any BB v BB duels during WW2.  So why are they so popular?  And does it really matter?  People like the Iowas.  And those same people like the Alaskas.  They want to see them in the game, and want to be able to play them.  And they'd probably be extremely unhappy if they were put behind a wall of Steel.

[STW]
Members
696 posts
4,983 battles
9 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I dunno, that's a question for its fans.  I generally look forward to ships like that because they present a niche role or some kind of changeup from the rest of the line.  I enjoy the Kronshtadt, so I figure Alaska will basically be something similar with American gun characteristics.  The only reason I don't think it'll be a steel ship is because of the kind of reaction I imagine will come of such a move being made, but I think it would be a decent candidate, falling somewhere between the requirement for the Stalingrad and the requirement for the Black.  I think to make a ship a steel ship, it needs to bring a bit more to the table and be strong to warrant spending that steel that took so much effort to grind instead of saving it for something like the Stalingrad, or converting it to coal for a Salem or Musashi, and I don't exactly know how they'd do that with the Alaska.

Edited by Deviathan
  • Cool 1

[OO7]
[OO7]
Members
3,732 posts
10,273 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

There was nothing inherently wrong with the Alaskas.  They were decommissioned so soon because they were almost as costly to run as battleships.  Much more so than regular cruisers.  And at a time when the government was cutting back on the navy.  There simply wasn't any pressing need for the Alaskas at that time. 

But hey, it's not like any of the Iowas did much of anything either.  I don't recall them getting involved in any BB v BB duels during WW2.  So why are they so popular?  And does it really matter?  People like the Iowas.  And those same people like the Alaskas.  They want to see them in the game, and want to be able to play them.  And they'd probably be extremely unhappy if they were put behind a wall of Steel.

But at least the Iowas had longevity, and are museum ships. Missouri had the surrender signed on her deck. There are things going for the Iowas that the Alaska is no where close to. The only thing people see is 12" guns and go bananas for some unknown reason... 

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,995 posts

[FLOAT] was discussing this earlier due to the announcement of the Burgandy. Our guess is that either Jean Bart and Burgandy are going to be part of a BB split, or Jean Bart will be a Musashi/Missouri-esqe FreeXP boat with Burgandy being a Coal or Steel reward ship