You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

Puka Puka Fleet

151 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
8,435 battles

Wow, adorable underage high school girls tied in with historic warships..what an original and not weird idea!!! We should have more tie in's with school girls and warships because right now there just isn't enough anime/manga/kancolle things associated with historic ships. 

• Cool 9
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 17
  • Angry 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,958 posts
5,976 battles

Asia has had Puka Puka Fleet for awhile. Only difference is that people will complain about that in the NA server. Just like High School Fleet and Blue Steel.

High.School.Fleet.full.2001501.jpg

__takao_aoki_hagane_no_arpeggio_drawn_by_shirowa__sample-ba9d992fbae8b8cc415f7d86b5e45647.jpg

• Cool 4

Members
2,829 posts
3,073 battles

To be fair, they've been around for a while now, I think even before the game's first anime collab.

• Cool 1

Members
251 posts
16,763 battles

I never understand why people care about historic stuff, why are they even playing this game instead of reading a book if they care about that so much?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 10

[WOLF7]
Members
10,755 posts
4 minutes ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

I never understand why people care about historic stuff, why are they even playing this game instead of reading a book if they care about that so much?

Ever noticed how they market this game? 

Not once have I ever seen WG put out an ad describing this as an anime/cartoon game....:Smile_teethhappy:

I understand their desperation at trying to keep people playing and paying, but for the average player who came to play warships, it seems like they've gone a bit far..

Edited by awiggin
  • Cool 8
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

Members
251 posts
16,763 battles
6 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Ever noticed how they market this game? 

Not once have I ever seen WG put out an ad describing this as an anime/cartoon game....:Smile_teethhappy:

I understand their desperation at trying to keep people playing and paying, but for the average player who came to play warships, it seems like they've gone a bit far..

The game is about virtual warships firing guns and torpedoes at one another. No one is going to argue against that.

But what makes this game enjoyable is the gameplay.

History doesn't make for gameplay, ships in real life are not meant for balance, nor are they meant to be pleasing to look at.

That is why we have anime mods and content that can change that. We still have the same warships throwing shells and torps, but just with much more pleasing looks and gameplay

• Cool 4
  • Bad 5

[TBOW]
Members
336 posts
4,197 battles

Why whine about something that's been on the Asia servers for two years? All they did was show what the community does on other regions. No different than our "sunday ship post" every nation/region has different tastes.

• Cool 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
8,435 battles
1 minute ago, mfumukoskoldpadda said:

Why whine about something that's been on the Asia servers for two years? All they did was show what the community does on other regions. No different than our "sunday ship post" every nation/region has different tastes.

Really..I mean who can't get enough anime/manga stuff. It just adds so much to the game for all the grown men who just happen to really really like animated schoolgirls and warships. I mean it's as natural a connection as bread and butter, who can't see that????

• Funny 6
  • Bad 5

[ARGSY]
Members
7,963 posts
5,457 battles
8 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

Really..I mean who can't get enough anime/manga stuff. It just adds so much to the game for all the grown men who just happen to really really like animated schoolgirls and warships. I mean it's as natural a connection as bread and butter, who can't see that????

:Smile_popcorn:

Thread lock status IMMINENT.

13 minutes ago, mfumukoskoldpadda said:

I agree completely.

[TBOW]
Members
336 posts
4,197 battles
9 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

ff662085c01d3d0dbf5badf2c5b5642c.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
438 posts
11,170 battles

d8c.gif

They're trying to get more people on the Asian server to play or pay I suppose. Since WG is spending the money to put it in the game there, it's obviously going to end up here. Personally, the only anime I'd like to see is some Star Blazers but I'm doubtful a wave motion gun would be allowable. Regardless, if adults want these images then more power to them. I'll just turn off the content in-game and keep on playing. 

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,626 posts
3,724 battles

What's funnier is that the reactions on other servers to the Puka Puka cover was more favorable than NA.

• Funny 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
8,435 battles

Seems like people think I'm being sarcastic in my support for puka puka and all anime/manga stuff. Really, I've changed...lets have more objectified women and scantily clad school girls, their relation to actual warships should be clear to everyone.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

[WFR]
Members
433 posts
25 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

bomb has been planted

[O7]
Members
590 posts
13,477 battles
35 minutes ago, DoIphin_Princess said:

The game is about virtual warships firing guns and torpedoes at one another. No one is going to argue against that.

But what makes this game enjoyable is the gameplay.

History doesn't make for gameplay, ships in real life are not meant for balance, nor are they meant to be pleasing to look at.

That is why we have anime mods and content that can change that. We still have the same warships throwing shells and torps, but just with much more pleasing looks and gameplay

Hey, I thought you were all about the historically accurate streams?? 

But honestly guys, if you don't like the anime stuff, you can disable it in port.  Let the anime people have their fun, and let WG make more money.  (I disable all skins other than the default)

Edited by bfk_ferlyfe
  • Cool 2

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,958 posts
5,976 battles
9 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

What's funnier is that the reactions on other servers to the Puka Puka cover was more favorable than NA.

I enjoy my High School Fleet content.

• HSF Harekaze with Misaki
  • HSF Musashi with China
  • HSF Graf Spee with Thea

Anime & manga that are related to history (they always are) can bring interest in that history. To me, Japan remembers their past more than us in the US. Kantai Collection for example, to me shows how much Japan still remembers their past and the history behind those ships are what made me signup for World of Warships CBT. While in the US, unless you watch the History or Military channel, that history is not easily identifiable with other people.

Misaki.Akeno.full.2021942.jpg

China.Moeka.full.2043563.jpg

Thea.Kreutzer.full.2014968.jpg

Edited by Vangm94
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[TBOW]
Members
336 posts
4,197 battles
8 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

lets have more objectified women and scantily clad school girls

Scantily Clad?4305aea0-9eee-11e8-96a2-d89d6715223c.jpg

Maybe this is more your type...

KennyMcCormick.png

• Funny 9

[HIT]
Members
102 posts
6,755 battles
56 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Asia has had Puka Puka Fleet for awhile. Only difference is that people will complain about that in the NA server. Just like High School Fleet and Blue Steel.

High.School.Fleet.full.2001501.jpg

__takao_aoki_hagane_no_arpeggio_drawn_by_shirowa__sample-ba9d992fbae8b8cc415f7d86b5e45647.jpg

Your choice of images was no accident. Especially with the location of that cat's tail. OP needs to understand that anime fanbois see them not as pictures, but as magic mirrors.

The admiral understands perfectly.

Admiral Ackbar.jpg

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,830 posts
6,887 battles
1 minute ago, mfumukoskoldpadda said:

Scantily Clad?
~snip~

~snip~

I don't even see how these are supposed to be objectified girls...

Like seriously, no cleavage, no super short skirt showing half of [ehem], no conveniant wind or whatever, no F-sized bust, nothing.

• Cool 3

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
8,435 battles

I'm glad WG has relegated history to where it belongs..the past. Go to the WOWS website and we see ships bristling with eagles and sharks, funny cartoons and manga girls. Thanks goodness there's no mention of Savo Island or the Battle of the Eastern Solomons which occurred in August of 1942,  maybe if you did you can find mention of Vella Gulf from August of 43, but that's old stuff, no one who plays a warship games gives a crap about stuff that happened 70+ years ago. .More sci-fi, more anime, more cartoons is what we all want right????

Edited by KalishniKat
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 4

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
1,958 posts
5,976 battles
3 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

I'm glad WG has relegated history to where it belongs..the past. Go to the WOWS website and we see ships bristling with eagles and sharks, funny cartoons and manga girls. Thanks goodness there's no mention of Savo Island or the Battle of the Eastern Solomons which occurred in August of 1942,  maybe if you did you can find mention of Vella Gulf from August of 43, but that's old stuff, no one who plays a warship games gives a crap about stuff that happened 70+ years ago. .More sci-fi, more anime, more cartoons is what we all want right????

Anime, manga, books, anything can be a medium to remember the pass. http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Inazuma

"Pacifistic, as a reference to her rescue of 527 American and British sailors following the Second Battle of the Java Sea."

I would not have known this had I not looked at the Kantai Collection Wiki. That Wiki can have interesting info for some ships.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
8,435 battles
9 minutes ago, mfumukoskoldpadda said:

Scantily Clad?4305aea0-9eee-11e8-96a2-d89d6715223c.jpg

KennyMcCormick.png

no, but I'm guessing this is more your type

princess kenny.png

[A-I-M]
Members
1,397 posts
7,239 battles
6 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

If it'll make you feel any better just do what I do and call it:

"The Puke-a Puke-a Fleet"

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,572 posts
4,183 battles
1 hour ago, Yoshiblue said:

To be fair, they've been around for a while now, I think even before the game's first anime collab.

True.  I think they're pretty much the first anime OCs for World of Warships.

In regards to the history vs anime war, I'm a bit of both, though I frankly was raised off of a diet of Battle 360 and Dogfights before I watched my first war-equipment anime - Girls Und Panzer, which I found to be a fun romp.  Then again, I was always a bit of an anime fan with one of my all-time favorites being Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

In my opinion, whatever brings in more players is a win in my eyes because WG does things for both the historical and entertainment crowd.  With the money they gain from anime collabs, they work on nonprofit ventures like restoring the Texas or the Arizona Memorial.

Besides, Sister Sara is best culture!

APlZJsa5zhqNWzCbX2oOgZr7gQXlNqrj_hspv4OW

Members
251 posts
16,763 battles
23 minutes ago, bfk_ferlyfe said:

Hey, I thought you were all about the historically accurate streams?? 

I lasted a whole 25 minutes before I :cap_fainting: