Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
friche_runamihn

How long our "clever" developers exclude carrier players from ClanBattle???

28 comments in this topic

Members
32 posts
5,517 battles

We are tired to hear your excuse, like "year of carrier".

And, here is the thing.
How long you guys exclude from Clan Battle???

As you can see, the Bravo's becomes obvious obstacle for not-top clan in CW.
And the number of participants becomes less and less in this season, in all server.

Then, why only carrier-decents have to patient?
You guys told that the reason carrier must be out from CB is ensuring easiness of participation in CW.
But, you guys already made barrier for new-comer for uniqum's sake.
And, I feel we need huge change for veterans who has joined CB for three season.
Most of us getting bored to current season.

Then, you should allow carriers to join CB, like KotS or other tournaments.
Most of clan in Hurricane/Typhoon/Storm have own carrier player.

We have so many complains to you.
You change the range and power of strafe in every major update, without any explain.
You change the detail of AP bombs several times without any explain.
And, most of new tech tree ships and buffed ships has crazy AA.
Finally, crazy GZ.

But, I don't ask you much.
I just ask you to getting us back to "game".

NO MORE RANDOM, WE NEED COMPETITIVE BATTLE!!!

jaja-1.jpg

• Boring 1
  • Bad 9

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,616 posts
2,487 battles

After the rework, whenever that is done, would be my guess.

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,437 posts
16,097 battles

I invested enough in CVs I made it to T10; but I have no desire to see them in CBs.  As they are now; they would too quickly dominate a 7v7 or 8v8 match.  I am honest enough with myself to know that I would be fodder for those hurricane clans that have a unicum CV player.  The skill gap is just too high. 

I also have no confidence that after the CV rework that anything will be better.  Clan battles needs to stay where it is, maybe shift tiers or something; but no CVs.

• Cool 5

Members
32 posts
5,517 battles
6 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

lol, we have waited for long long time for that nonsense.
WG postponed carrier-rework to end of this year, and Im sure next year will be "the year of carrier"

Members
32 posts
5,517 battles
2 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

I invested enough in CVs I made it to T10; but I have no desire to see them in CBs.  As they are now; they would too quickly dominate a 7v7 or 8v8 match.  I am honest enough with myself to know that I would be fodder for those hurricane clans that have a unicum CV player.  The skill gap is just too high. 

I also have no confidence that after the CV rework that anything will be better.  Clan battles needs to stay where it is, maybe shift tiers or something; but no CVs.

most of the top players have experience of competitive battle with carrier, and those battle are really fun if you have tactical knowledge about carrier.
And, Skill gap problem exists in all types.
That makes over 60%WRs in random, and does it happen only in carrier-players???

Members
1,481 posts
10 battles

I would like to see CV's and 12v12 clan battles. The watered down 7v7 format is just terrible. I think clan battles are the way they are because Wargaming did not want to invest any money into creating a proper clan battle mode and used the existing code for ranked instead. 

• Bad 1

[TF03]
Members
741 posts
2,806 battles
10 minutes ago, friche_runamihn said:

But, I don't ask you much.
I just ask you to getting us back to "game".

Yer from what we have been told after the rework they should be a part of clan battles  as for now i see no reason why they shouldn't be a part of clan battles the amount of AA at tier 10 and add on most clans stick together or a make a small  group and send them to another spot making it a new flay.

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
11,033 posts
8,002 battles

I have played CB and KOTS so I have experience with and without CVs in competitive and from a fun perspective the games without CVs are much better. There is much more pressure on the caller to make decisions based on limited information and more opportunities to surprise the opponents. The overwhelming spotting potential significantly decreases the amount of tactical options available and makes the game much more static.

• Cool 6

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,437 posts
16,097 battles
4 minutes ago, friche_runamihn said:

most of the top players have experience of competitive battle with carrier, and those battle are really fun if you have tactical knowledge about carrier.
And, Skill gap problem exists in all types.
That makes over 60%WRs in random, and does it happen only in carrier-players???

Well, you have a very impressive reroll account and are obviously a skilled CV player.  That is my point. 

You can have a battle with a mix of surface combatants where the skill gap is a bit more diverse and the strategy covers for it.  Facing a dominating CV the entire match forces a appropriation of Capt Skills and ship choices on the off chance you have to counter for it.

You have my sympathy as someone who has invested in a playstyle that is not popular (I did it too) but you are one of the reasons that CVs don't belong.  People want to play to the goal of the match, not just play the entire match trying to not get nuked by a CV.

• Cool 1

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
28 minutes ago, friche_runamihn said:

We are tired to hear your excuse, like "year of carrier".

And, here is the thing.
How long you guys exclude from Clan Battle???

I would like to the whole set of Clan Battles changed, to me it just across a version of Ranked.

The Clan Battles I would like to see is Clan Commanders challenge each other, and they pick  the Team, the Tiers and the Types of Ships , with in a set limits given by Wargaming, so i.e. Clan A could challenge Clan B to a tier 5 Match with CVs with in the limits by WG. Random Maps.

[WOLF2]
Members
2,380 posts
14,246 battles
28 minutes ago, UssIowaSailor said:

I would like to see CV's and 12v12 clan battles. The watered down 7v7 format is just terrible. I think clan battles are the way they are because Wargaming did not want to invest any money into creating a proper clan battle mode and used the existing code for ranked instead. 

getting 12 clan members together - good luck …. most can't even get 7 

47 minutes ago, friche_runamihn said:

How long you guys exclude from Clan Battle??? But, I don't ask you much.I just ask you to getting us back to "game".

Actually you do ask too much and CVs dominate other aspects of the game with AA divisions, sync drops and running timer to 5 mins to create horrible games for others

Btw, I think our developers are more "clever" than you imply and whining won't gain you any advantage

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,288 posts
10,477 battles
37 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

This ^^^

Members
32 posts
5,517 battles
35 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

Well, you have a very impressive reroll account and are obviously a skilled CV player.  That is my point. 

You can have a battle with a mix of surface combatants where the skill gap is a bit more diverse and the strategy covers for it.  Facing a dominating CV the entire match forces a appropriation of Capt Skills and ship choices on the off chance you have to counter for it.

You have my sympathy as someone who has invested in a playstyle that is not popular (I did it too) but you are one of the reasons that CVs don't belong.  People want to play to the goal of the match, not just play the entire match trying to not get nuked by a CV.

All of our clan members are coming from Japan, to study tactical differences between servers.
That's the reason why we have to reroll.

Your opinion is right, if you say about carriers in random.
But, all participants are considered who already are prepared for CB.
And, CB has quite strict rating-MM.
That will prevents skill-gap include CV players, and the battle must be different from random CV game.

39 minutes ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

I have played CB and KOTS so I have experience with and without CVs in competitive and from a fun perspective the games without CVs are much better. There is much more pressure on the caller to make decisions based on limited information and more opportunities to surprise the opponents. The overwhelming spotting potential significantly decreases the amount of tactical options available and makes the game much more static.

I assume you have many experiences of competitive battle with CV( maybe include TeamBattle), but I think game with CV is more tactical, even as gun-ship participants.
Even in game with CV, all ships cant spot because of extremely high and long AA.
And, as you know, spotting by planes is not easy in current meta.SnapCrab_NoName_2018-8-16_1-58-0_No-00.thumb.png.eccc9cc8af364ac7f57524ac6b85c8ba.png

This map shows what happened in KotS league-game.
No one can make way for plane-spotting behind them.
And, DM's safe-spotting range is just 200m.
If someone can always plane in safe, that should be cheat or tech of god.

But, yes, spotting system is totally changed in CV-game.
However, all is not spotted, and even now, we can see almost all ships you need, if you prepared, thanks to so strong rader.

26 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Actually you do ask much and CVs dominate other aspects of the game with AA div, sync drops and running timer to 5 mins to create horrible games for others

All problem you raised are in random. And I don't say anything in random.
But, I agree with you in some point. AA div is huge problem that WG should deal with, especially anchor div.
But, again, I don't say anything about random.

Edited by friche_runamihn
  • Bad 2

[LOU1]
Members
3,394 posts
9,098 battles
25 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

I would like to the whole set of Clan Battles changed, to me it just across a version of Ranked.

The Clan Battles I would like to see is Clan Commanders challenge each other, and they pick  the Team, the Tiers and the Types of Ships , with in a set limits given by Wargaming, so i.e. Clan A could challenge Clan B to a tier 5 Match with CVs with in the limits by WG. Random Maps.

Have you tried the competitive league?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/suprema-sea/

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
2 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Have you tried the competitive league?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/suprema-sea/

Oh no, I did not mean for myself, I am happy in Operations and in Co-Op. Me in Clan Battles of any type would too much of a let down for any team, same reason I have dropped out of Ranked.

Members
1,481 posts
10 battles
22 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

Actually you do ask too much and CVs dominate other aspects of the game with AA divisions, sync drops and running timer to 5 mins to create horrible games for others

Btw, I think our developers are more "clever" than you imply and whining won't gain you any advantage

Shoot most clans have multiple clan battle teams, I don't see numbers as an issue. Some of the smaller clans would have to merge if they wanted to play clan wars but the current 7v7 format with no CV's and only one battleship allowed is a total failure. Not only are they excluding one entire class but they are effectively excluding the most popular class in the game Battleships by limiting it to one battleship per game. Pure idiocy on Wargaming's part. 

Beta Testers
1,597 posts
3,811 battles

Battleships have a huge effect on the battle it is better than they are limited and carriers are broken at this point. This allows cruisers and destroyers to show off their talent more in a competitive meta. The developers are not partying by any means it's the whole redesigning of carriers and aa that has to take place first.

[WOLF7]
Members
10,786 posts
23 hours ago, friche_runamihn said:

WG postponed carrier-rework to end of this year, and Im sure next year will be "the year of carrier"

So, you're simply incapable of understanding the reason behind not allowing carriers in a 7 on 7? :Smile_amazed:

The game had such possibilities, but the player base has ensured they will never be possible.....:cap_hmm:

[VOP]
Members
307 posts
7,338 battles
23 hours ago, friche_runamihn said:

Maybe they should change "year" to "century" so they have a little more time?

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,419 posts
28,384 battles

I wouldn't hold my breath, even after if/when the CV rework is completed.

[POP]
Members
303 posts
5,286 battles

I think after participating in CB this season it was a good idea to exclude CVs. They just don't fit the game format. It would mean every team would have to field a CV every match to combat against possible CVs because they would make such a big impact and the skill gap is just too big.

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,777 posts
6,802 battles

A team without access to a CV would be at a huge disadvantage, and giving out rental CV just screams nightmare for any team that has no carrier experience vs a real carrier player.

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,644 posts
3,733 battles

They'll probably be banned from CB forever, even after the CV overhaul, unless they dumbed down CV play to the point that it's mostly even irregardless of player skill. While supposedly the overhaul does reduce skill disparity by improving some of the auto mechanics, it's still would leave greater disparity between CV players.

Sign in to follow this