Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

French BB Line Changes?

6 comments in this topic

[NGA]
Members
1,516 posts
8,693 battles

At this point, I'm assuming that we all know about Jean Bart. Earlier today, the Dev Blog announced what is basically a tier X Alsace. I'm wondering if instead of being strictly premiums, that these two ships may actually be an indication of some shifts in the French BB line, with Jean Bart being placed at tier IX and Alsace being moved up to tier X. If this theory is right, we may see the Republique become like the Death Star from WoT. Thoughts? Opinions? Recommended medications?

[-K-]
Members
5,795 posts
9,827 battles

Doubtful.  There is nothing wrong with Republique in the T10 tech tree slot.

Why would they tease the new ships as premiums and not take advantage of the hype (and sales) that comes with that?

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,053 posts
10,180 battles

Only way they could make Republique like the Death Star is if the HE shells were nuclear.

[YAN]
Members
1,648 posts
7,897 battles
1 hour ago, JediMasterDraco said:

At this point, I'm assuming that we all know about Jean Bart. Earlier today, the Dev Blog announced what is basically a tier X Alsace. I'm wondering if instead of being strictly premiums, that these two ships may actually be an indication of some shifts in the French BB line, with Jean Bart being placed at tier IX and Alsace being moved up to tier X. If this theory is right, we may see the Republique become like the Death Star from WoT. Thoughts? Opinions? Recommended medications?

Could just be a split, we have T9/10 now.

Its more likely Jean Bart is free exp, Xalsace is Coal like Salem.

[NGA]
Members
1,516 posts
8,693 battles
26 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Could just be a split, we have T9/10 now.

Its more likely Jean Bart is free exp, Xalsace is Coal like Salem.

Stir in Alaska and you've got a Free XP ship, a Coal ship, and a new reward/steel ship (and just when I thought I was on course to get all of them within a couple years, sigh).

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,933 posts
9,065 battles

It could be a split, the question would then be "where".Not knowing much on any other projects there is something to be said that as is the line goes from 4 turrets, to 2 forward turrets, to 3 turrets, back to 2 turrets but one on each end of the ship. All of which is in a 4 tier span and very different play. From what I can dig up, French BB's aren't my thing, Jean Bart could potentially be different enough with her later completion and all to be a separate tech tree ship, with this "Super Alsace" being after Alsace, and Republique following Jean Bart with both branches following after Richelieu.  Or potentially (maybe even further down the road) you see Rich kicked over to this other line, that splits further down at tier 6 with Strasbourg (Dun's sister), and some creation (barring some similar planned ship) between it and Rich, and another design at tier 8 more similar to Lyon/Alsace so once you get to basically inter-war years, you have a more traditional BB line, of ABX/Y turret BB's and the alternate line that other than Rep is 2 forward main batteries and then Rep's sorta weird layout. 

Such a split would make sense as it would help keep the play style of the line a bit more consistent. Something Wargaming seems to like (hence no 283 mm Gnei, certain ships so far omitted in lines like UK BB) and to some extent players as sudden changes, let alone to some extent 3 back to back, can make a line go from enjoyable to headache, great example being Izumo after nothing but traditional BB's, and then back to Yamato which is traditional. 

Sign in to follow this