Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Banika

Captain skill redistribution

10 comments in this topic

[F4E]
[F4E]
Members
53 posts
14,269 battles

Redistributing captain skills on a 19 point captain is expensive. Often, I only wish to redistribute 1 or 2 points, instead of all of them.

Suggestion; pro-rate the cost per point and allow redistribution 1 point at a time.

For example, 1 point would cost 23 doubloons or 10000 elite commander XP.

It's cost effective. Everyone wins.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,963 posts
5,457 battles
7 minutes ago, Banika said:

Everyone wins.

Except for Wargaming, who mine doubloons from whales who want to re-spec without grinding ECXP.

Members
1,548 posts
13,186 battles

They do offer reductions every once in awhile, for a good part of the month was 1/2 off.  I missed it and decided on Monday to change my Kurfurst from secondaries to tank and main guns build, so a pile of doubloons to respec my 19 point captain and to demount modules, now it plays similar to a Montana and still have the Republic if I want a secondaries fight.

Community Department
2,339 posts
597 battles
48 minutes ago, Banika said:

Redistributing captain skills on a 19 point captain is expensive. Often, I only wish to redistribute 1 or 2 points, instead of all of them.

Suggestion; pro-rate the cost per point and allow redistribution 1 point at a time.

For example, 1 point would cost 23 doubloons or 10000 elite commander XP.

It's cost effective. Everyone wins.

I don't have any info about such changes. I think we'll not have such option since we have several days a year when everybody can redistribute perks even for every battle and of course redistributing using Commander Elite XP.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
685 posts
8,627 battles
47 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

I don't have any info about such changes. I think we'll not have such option since we have several days a year when everybody can redistribute perks even for every battle and of course redistributing using Commander Elite XP.

I have to agree with the OP.  It wouldn't hurt to test this on one of the servers.  I'm betting it would actually increase revenue allowing the playerbase to respec points as needed on a daily basis as opposed to a few select times a year.  I'm pretty tightfisted when it comes to spending on commanders.  This would loosen my hold.

[SOB]
Members
254 posts
4,366 battles

Sure I am for it, I've got one CPT I would like to respec right now. However, what is in it for WG? Lose a revenue stream to cater to indecisive players? Sorry dont see it happening. 

Next time...

GrailKnight.jpg

Community Department
2,339 posts
597 battles
18 hours ago, Viper069 said:

I have to agree with the OP.  It wouldn't hurt to test this on one of the servers.  I'm betting it would actually increase revenue allowing the playerbase to respec points as needed on a daily basis as opposed to a few select times a year.  I'm pretty tightfisted when it comes to spending on commanders.  This would loosen my hold.

I'll transfer this topic in feedback as others similar. But I can't advice you to hope for any changes in future updates. The idea is not unique and if it is not implemented than there are reasons for that. 

[CUTIE]
Members
1,528 posts
6,541 battles
3 hours ago, turbo07 said:

I'll transfer this topic in feedback as others similar. But I can't advice you to hope for any changes in future updates. The idea is not unique and if it is not implemented than there are reasons for that. 

One additional thought in favor: while this does make it less expensive in real money terms for a player to re-spec their captain(s), this could also lead to a lot more people taking advantage of the reduced cost to update captains as they progress.  For example, if I'm holding an 8-point captain on one of my destroyers right now, I've opted into Preventative Maintenance, Last Stand, and Survivability Expert...the extra 2 points are just sitting there waiting for me to get to 10 so I can throw Concealment Expert on.  But if I knew that I could re-spec just 2 points at a time, I'd be much more likely to throw those extra 2 into Adrenalin Rush for now, secure in the knowledge that I could shell out 50 doubloons (or what have you) to convert that into Concealment Expert once I'd ground out the 9th & 10th points. 

From an overall player satisfaction standpoint, such a system would also encourage more experimentation among captain builds, allowing for more varied gameplay.

Alpha Tester
254 posts
6,134 battles
22 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

They are here to make money, not cater to every player.

What does this have to do with making useful suggestions?

Are you arguing they should increase the cost of retraining to make even more money? Is that your position?

I'm confused with your sentiment. Perhaps you are a WG stock holder.

Sign in to follow this