Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reaver97

When a cv grows balls

5 comments in this topic

Members
699 posts
8,225 battles

Well played but I would have had turn the other way around than ramming the Amagi and let your secondaries do the work...
I also notice you're GZ is full secondary spec as well, but I wouldn't really advise going that path.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
17,403 posts
15,874 battles

It made me remember a Graf Zeppelin moment from back in December 2017.

C8SG2zw.jpg

It was very late in the game, we were well on our way to winning and there was no doubt.  It was simple mopping up.  The map was Sea of Fortune.

300px-Sea_of_Fortune.png

We had a Benson and Colorado going from the middle of Cap B going into Cap A in the west via that channel with the 3 islands in between.  Graf Zeppelin was hiding behind the island west of Cap A.  However, we had ships going clockwise from south of Cap A and rolling west and then north.  Graf Zeppelin had to bail because of the 3-4 ships southwest of Cap A.  So, instead of just speeding up and trying to get away, Graf just sailed north and quickly sailed towards Cap A to where Colorado and Benson were.  Graf was sending bombers through all this.

Again, I warned those guys about Graf Zeppelin's secondaries as it's completely unalike every other CV in the game.  Benson tried to rush up and do a point blank torpedo drop, but COMPLETELY MISSED WITH BOTH LAUNCHERS.  Colorado couldn't land hits despite all the time in the world for lots of salvos.  So Graf Z basically sailed between Benson and Colorado, spamming secondaries for big damage as well as hitting both Benson and Colorado with her bomber strikes.  CO & Benson get sunk.  We still win easily, but GZ totally embarrassed our 2 guys and I definitely let them know how bad they did.

[1STBG]
Members
12 posts
9,123 battles

while I don't have the recording of it, there was this one time I ran into 3 Haida.

one I rammed, one I torped, and the last I killed with my guns. Ended with a second cqc and a mutual kill from a Mogami

Sign in to follow this