You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Jaegerlock

Gaede slot 4 upgrade?

6 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
170 battles

Hey all,

Recently unlocked the Ernst Gaede and have been playing in Co-op to get a feel for her while I work on earning experience for the modules.

Have already got the upgraded Hull & Torps, just need the range (and sounds like conventional wisdom is to skip the 150mm "upgrade" and stick with the 128's)

Anyway, I am having trouble deciding on what to use in the 4th Upgrade slot....

I think I could live with the 4s rudder shift, it doesn't seem noticeably sluggish to me.  On the other hand I also don't find myself smoke firing too much (torpedo magnet + meh German smoke) which is where the better acceleration would be useful...

Curious as to what some of you all run?

P.S. - how 'bout on the rest of the line?

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
48 minutes ago, Jaegerlock said:

Hey all,

Recently unlocked the Ernst Gaede and have been playing in Co-op to get a feel for her while I work on earning experience for the modules.

Have already got the upgraded Hull & Torps, just need the range (and sounds like conventional wisdom is to skip the 150mm "upgrade" and stick with the 128's)

Anyway, I am having trouble deciding on what to use in the 4th Upgrade slot....

I think I could live with the 4s rudder shift, it doesn't seem noticeably sluggish to me.  On the other hand I also don't find myself smoke firing too much (torpedo magnet + meh German smoke) which is where the better acceleration would be useful...

Curious as to what some of you all run?

P.S. - how 'bout on the rest of the line?

I just unlocked the Gaede also and went with the acceleration. Useful when trying to go from a standing start to full speed when you get surprised. 

[5IN]
Members
1,931 posts
8,949 battles
On 8/14/2018 at 7:39 PM, dEsTurbed1 said:

Rudder.

150's for the win.

Ditto.  Got over 400 games in Gaede... 150s all the way.

B

• Cool 1

Members
45 posts
5,497 battles

I just got the Gaede last night. And yes, the 150s will be used. As I get her upgraded and stuff, she is becoming a beast.