You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shenennigans

Go Navy Event End Date?

62 comments in this topic

[ARRR]
Members
129 posts
3,973 battles

I checked the post, it just said it ended at the next patch. Checked the next patch notes and didn't really see a date. Basically, I'm just wondering if you would have enough time to farm the tokens of both sides to 125. Tomorrow, I should have >125 Eagles tokens. I have the Des Moines, and will have the Worcestor soon. I'd rather have the Des Moines permanent camo first, then get the Worcestor skin if there's enough time. Because everybody is playing on Sharks, the Eagle camo will be the more rare one, and I'd rather get that Worcestor skin, then grind the DM one with the Sharks.

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,459 battles

The end date is the day before 7.8 is released and WG usually does not tell us what that date is. Trends though are that version updates are released on the Wednesday after Public Test Round 2 ends if all is satisfactory with the update ie no bugs or playability issues. Trends also show that almost every update is followed by you ruined the game, unplayable, makes my compu crash etc postings here!

Public Test 7.8 ends Aug 13 830 pm a Monday so Eagles vs Sharks / Go Navy would end Aug 14 at server reset and update 7.8 should release Aug 15th at server reset if the observed trends are indeed a true indicator.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,731 posts
6,996 battles

i think it will end the moment the next update goes live. in 2 weeks i think.

Members
4,203 posts
8,877 battles
4 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Trends also show that almost every update is followed by you ruined the game, unplayable, makes my compu crash etc postings here!

Here postings like that??? Never! It is always Sunshine and Happiness here!:Smile_teethhappy::cap_haloween::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::cap_haloween::Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

[ARRR]
Members
129 posts
3,973 battles

Ah bummer, gotta make the choice between the unique camo for a ship I don't yet have or the standard permanent camo for my beloved Des Moines. That's a tough one. I'm sure I will enjoy the Worcestor a bunch after I get it, but I don't know if I will like it as much as the DM.

[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles

best guess is they will push the patch ready or not before you can  get enough loyalty to get both Cammo's..     can't make money on last minute crate sales if they let you get it free.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
36 minutes ago, Shenennigans said:

I checked the post, it just said it ended at the next patch. Checked the next patch notes and didn't really see a date. Basically, I'm just wondering if you would have enough time to farm the tokens of both sides to 125. Tomorrow, I should have >125 Eagles tokens. I have the Des Moines, and will have the Worcestor soon. I'd rather have the Des Moines permanent camo first, then get the Worcestor skin if there's enough time. Because everybody is playing on Sharks, the Eagle camo will be the more rare one, and I'd rather get that Worcestor skin, then grind the DM one with the Sharks.

26 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

The end date is the day before 7.8 is released and WG usually does not tell us what that date is. Trends though are that version updates are released on the Wednesday after Public Test Round 2 ends if all is satisfactory with the update ie no bugs or playability issues. Trends also show that almost every update is followed by you ruined the game, unplayable, makes my compu crash etc postings here!

Public Test 7.8 ends Aug 13 830 pm a Monday so Eagles vs Sharks / Go Navy would end Aug 14 at server reset and update 7.8 should release Aug 15th at server reset if the observed trends are indeed a true indicator.

The end date is in the game.

Khrlmpm.jpg

The patches are on a four week cycle and patch 7.8 is scheduled to drop on Aug 22nd. That is when unused tokens will be converted to credits at the rate of 1 token for 50,000 credits.

The Aug briefing has been updated with the end date.  https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/august-missions-2018/

UYsUB5x.jpg

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

The event is welcome to go on for several months, lol I am stockpiling the coal at 450 per event crate, and that is in addition to coal earned normally. :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
14 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

The event is welcome to go on for several months, lol I am stockpiling the coal at 450 per event crate, and that is in addition to coal earned normally. :fish_cute_2:

Sadly, it ends on Aug 20th and patch 7.8 drops Aug 22nd, so spend your tokens by then or see them converted into credits. There is a WoWs 3rd anniversary collection coming in 7.8, so hopefully it will have a bunch of coal as well.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
11,311 battles

WG....don't ever do an event like this ever again....!!!

too many people [edited] and complaining ....

• Meh 2

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles
16 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

hopefully it will have a bunch of coal as well.

And more stuff to spend it on. I think I read somewhere they're putting North Cape crates into the Arsenal at some point. No word on HSF, though.

• Cool 1

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

It will end when I am the LAST player still playing Eagles. Which may not be long.  I have been loyal. Why?  Hell if I know. :Smile_honoring:  I did win 1 for the Eagles today.  Had a hell of a good game in my "go to" ship USS St Louis. I not messing around anymore so beware. St Louis is my killer.  Low tier hoot. She is all I gonna play for awhile.

Edited by dmckay

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
49 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

And more stuff to spend it on. I think I read somewhere they're putting North Cape crates into the Arsenal at some point. No word on HSF, though.

The 2nd Anniversary crates to earn the perma-camo for the T8 ship Kiev, Z-23, Charles Martel, and Monarch will be in the Arsenal in Patch 7.8 on Aug 22nd. (New Orleans got left out apparently as it moved to T7). North Cape will hit the Arsenal, but no time frame given.

FAshKZB.jpg

HSF I do not believe will be back based on the comment in this article on collections.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/all-about-collections/

It is currently impossible to acquire the first collectible required to start this collection.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
1 hour ago, Shinnidan said:

How is that different than any other day here in the WoWs forum. There will ALWAYS be someone complaining about something.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
11,311 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

How is that different than any other day here in the WoWs forum. There will ALWAYS be someone complaining about something.

easy to ignore it.  cause you can just pass it by...and the are usually different from complaint to complaint

but this...the topics heading as the same thing  ....."Shark...Eagle....complaint ...blah blah blah" 

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
3 hours ago, Shenennigans said:

There is no way to get 125 tokens in Sharks and Eagles without buying crates. The event ends Aug 20th and the most you can get for free is 125 tokens in one team and 95 tokens in the other team.

Only the Worcester T10 camo comes in Sharks or Eagles. To get the Eagles Worcester T10 camo, you will need to get as many Eagles tokens as you can before Aug 20th and then get the rest from the Go Navy crates in the premium shop. They are $5 each or if you buy 15 you get them to $4.50 each ($67.50). They don't offer much, so I would only get what you need to finish off the tokens for the Eagle Worcester camo IMO. The Des Moines and Salem T10 camos are the Freedom camos like on the Cleveland and Baltimore.

PSr1kjt.jpg

MKvP7KE.jpg

TLYuEKW.jpg

• Cool 1

[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles
1 hour ago, Shinnidan said:

11 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

easy to ignore it.  cause you can just pass it by...and the are usually different from complaint to complaint

but this...the topics heading as the same thing  ....."Shark...Eagle....complaint ...blah blah blah" 

Complaining about complainers ..   seems like  Irony is lost on some :O

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles
23 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The 2nd Anniversary crates to earn the perma-camo for the T8 ship Kiev, Z-23, Charles Martel, and Monarch will be in the Arsenal in Patch 7.8 on Aug 22nd. (New Orleans got left out apparently as it moved to T7). North Cape will hit the Arsenal, but no time frame given.

FAshKZB.jpg

HSF I do not believe will be back based on the comment in this article on collections.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/all-about-collections/

"Currently impossible."

See also WG definitions of "soon" and "never". :cap_haloween:

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

"Currently impossible."

See also WG definitions of "soon" and "never". :cap_haloween:

Well the ARP collaboration ran for one year or so. As far as I know, the HSF will be the same.  I think it might depend on if the HSF collaboration is continued, but that is only a guess.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

Well the ARP collaboration ran for one year or so. As far as I know, the HSF will be the same.  I think it might depend on if the HSF collaboration is continued, but that is only a guess.

It really depends on exactly what the licences cover. For all I know, WG has the two ships and one associated commander each in perpetuity, but only those, and that would explain why the topic of HSF collection crates is expressed the way it is.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,027 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It really depends on exactly what the licences cover. For all I know, WG has the two ships and one associated commander each in perpetuity, but only those, and that would explain why the topic of HSF collection crates is expressed the way it is.

WG also sold a half dozen or so other HSF commanders as well a few months back. If I had had the money, I would have picked them up to round out my IJN fleet with 10pt commanders.

[BNKR]
Members
233 posts
1,987 battles
3 hours ago, Shinnidan said:

I see a lot of folks enjoying it.  Personally, I like all of the coal and other items here and there.

But, I'm also, admittedly, relatively new to the game and so it might be the "newness" factor for me.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,204 posts
14,359 battles
3 minutes ago, CatSnipah said:

I see a lot of folks enjoying it.  Personally, I like all of the coal and other items here and there.

But, I'm also, admittedly, relatively new to the game and so it might be the "newness" factor for me.

It enables determined players who can't afford to pay for stuff to get some premium ships for free and to get some other freebies that they might otherwise never have obtained because it was first offered anything up to a year ago. For this reason alone, I applaud its introduction.

• Cool 1

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
611 posts
8,367 battles
On 8/10/2018 at 3:59 PM, CatSnipah said:

I'm in the same boat (pun intended?) and have been having a blast.  Its been giving me even more reason to play the game with a purpose and seeing how we can gain extra coal with the containers, I'm getting excited about being able to get one of those ships in the Arsenal.  Maybe the Oktyabrskaya soon or saving long term for the Musashi.

On 8/10/2018 at 1:58 PM, Kizarvexis said:

There is no way to get 125 tokens in Sharks and Eagles without buying crates. The event ends Aug 20th and the most you can get for free is 125 tokens in one team and 95 tokens in the other team

This part confuses me.  I've now got 195 Eagles tokens, and 5 Shark tokens, so I've been able to get more than 125 for one (haven't bought any crates)?

Now I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them all.  My top tier ship is the Cleveland and nothing in any ship tree higher than a tier 6 after that (New Mexico and Pensacola), so spending tokens to get the Worcester or Des Moines permanent camo seems like an investment in the far future for me.  I've 50 million credits so I'm not in need of more so I want to be sure to use my tokens before the 20th.   Any recommendations for what to do with all the Eagle tokens?