You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Acura_invader

Problem about Random Battles Match System

22 comments in this topic

[NAB]
Members
120 posts
3,444 battles

I have decided to leave WOWS. Because the random battle match system is weird. Sometimes I win all day, sometimes I lose continuously. I feel the win rate is controlled by a ridiculous logic. When my win rate is near 50%, I was matched to a lot of guys that their win rate is lower than me and inevitable lost constantly. It’s extremely bad experience about this game. 

2E6DB9FC-0071-41F7-AEE9-AD78FA09E53E.jpeg

45E46B7F-C380-4A35-AE99-466FC51078E1.jpeg

Community Department
2,590 posts
771 battles
2 hours ago, Acura_invader said:

I have decided to leave WOWS. Because the random battle match system is weird. Sometimes I win all day, sometimes I lose continuously. I feel the win rate is controlled by a ridiculous logic. When my win rate is near 50%, I was matched to a lot of guys that their win rate is lower than me and inevitable lost constantly. It’s extremely bad experience about this game. 

Spoiler

2E6DB9FC-0071-41F7-AEE9-AD78FA09E53E.jpeg

Spoiler

45E46B7F-C380-4A35-AE99-466FC51078E1.jpeg

None of the conclusions is a reality. Here is an article about ММ. Only these rules are used when balancing players.
We don't have any hidden mechanics here. Because if they were, they would be revealed sooner or later, and it would be the last day for the project.
Come back whenever you want, we'll be glad. But I would not want you to leave with false conclusions about this game.

Members
855 posts
3,736 battles

We all thought the MM was out to get us at one point or another, but when you watch videos, get better, and learn to aim and position yourself better, how to control a map, and where to go to impact the match the most, you start noticing that skill does determine win-rate. 

[NAB]
Members
120 posts
3,444 battles

It’s very funny. I have contributed to our team, but still lost all the night. Whatever MM it is, I cannot feel happy about it.

B860E453-051C-4166-BAFB-679915653AB3.jpeg

C83983C8-DF4F-4BC4-92EE-AAF9B62F1A7A.jpeg

4359D343-9E4D-490C-B5D1-66F1CC53B6CD.jpeg

Members
1,006 posts
12,843 battles

win or lose focus on your game play and hitting targets,  thats the real fun !

[SANK]
Members
298 posts
6,004 battles

Yup, a team based game that does not encourage team play. No coordination between players, so unless you are in a division, everyone is playing their own game. If that does not sync up, then it will very likely be a loss.

Rewards DMG farming, and static play. There are also the missions that appear from time to time which encourages bad play.

RNG slumps can be horrendous, not out to get you, but can be frustrating enough and in long enough runs that you get to where you don't want to log in, because you don't know whether or not you will waste 2 hours in steam roller losses/victories, or if you might actually challenged.

To be honest, I think that is the greatest failing of this game. Challenging matches are so far and few in between. To be honest, I will come back to a game in which I feel challenged, because a close match is exciting even if I lose. What is not exciting and a waste of time, is being steam rolled by the enemy who does not lose more than a few ships.

The last game I played, we lost 5 ships in about 4 minutes. At that point I didn't even try, I just logged out of the game, as there was no point in me sticking around. Didn't even care if I turned pink.

Then there is the extreme turn over. I have had about 30 people go through my clan, and 5 or less logged in more than once a week. I myself have not logged in in over a week because I had the same frustration as you. I would love to see the retention rate numbers on this game.

You, like me, might want to come back in about 3 weeks when the kids go back to school. Give it a few days to a week of playing, then decide whether or not to find a new game or stick with internet ships.

Members
686 posts
5,656 battles
4 hours ago, Rilak said:

win or lose focus on your game play and hitting targets,  thats the real fun!

I can't fault you on that, honestly.

The mentality of "shoot ships have fun" is really good and all, it keeps the game alive with burning interest from those people. The problem is when you get the "shoot ships have fun regardless of my impact on outcome" in random battles who seem to actively fight for the least effective tactic or for a loss.

I'm not going to be the one to yell "crucify baddies" and be the first with a hammer and nails, nor am I specifically going to call you out (or try to). Random battles, for me, are a chance to play a game against another person. A game of 11 and I versus 12. I play destroyers mainly so I spend my battle making snap judgements, quick reactions, and evolving to match the changing battlefield. I gain a legitimate satisfaction from besting a foe when I know my contribution led to the outcome for 23 other players, 11 a victory, 12 a loss. That becomes something almost tangible.

For those people WIN is the fun and LOSE is not.

In the same way I would expect tryhards such as myself to respect those with a little less devotion to playing for a victory, I would expect those who are just there to shoot ships and have fun to be considerate of those who are fighting for a victory and remain in co-op where a lax attitude doesn't cost the time of up to 11 other players. :fish_glass:

Members
2,165 posts
4,892 battles
49 minutes ago, The_Painted_Target said:

The mentality of "shoot ships have fun" is really good and all, it keeps the game alive with burning interest from those people. The problem is when you get the "shoot ships have fun regardless of my impact on outcome" in random battles who seem to actively fight for the least effective tactic or for a loss.

I'm not going to be the one to yell "crucify baddies" and be the first with a hammer and nails, nor am I specifically going to call you out (or try to). Random battles, for me, are a chance to play a game against another person. A game of 11 and I versus 12. I play destroyers mainly so I spend my battle making snap judgements, quick reactions, and evolving to match the changing battlefield. I gain a legitimate satisfaction from besting a foe when I know my contribution led to the outcome for 23 other players, 11 a victory, 12 a loss. That becomes something almost tangible.

In the same way I would expect tryhards such as myself to respect those with a little less devotion to playing for a victory, I would expect those who are just there to shoot ships and have fun to be considerate of those who are fighting for a victory and remain in co-op where a lax attitude doesn't cost the time of up to 11 other players. :fish_glass:

I believe players who don't realize that not caring about the impact of their stupid actions on other players because of "playing for fun" are hypocrites in the sense that they believe a game should be fun, yet their actions often ruin the fun for a fair number of players who've attained a decent, good, or excellent level of gameplay. If all they want to do is shoot ships, there's always low tier or Co-Op / Operations. There are many games out there much more suited to their mentality, that are individual based and one is solely responsible for their own actions and how they choose to play. They'd be better of playing MMORPGs where they control only a single character and can explore / interact with the in-game world as they please. If they just want to play with some friends and hunt, that's fine. If they are more PvP oriented, that's fine. Whatever the results are, they're the only ones being affected positively or negatively for the most part. Not with this game. One or two failures that are of key tactical and strategic significance means the remaining 10-11 will be somewhat to severely handicapped (or with the potential to be), and as satisfying as it can be to get really good matches, constantly having to carry dead weight without any guarantee of a win is very exhausting. 

I'm mostly a solo player, but if I were to division with 1 or 2 people I would much prefer them to have a matching attitude and be equally good / better players overall. If I just want to division for the sake of screwing around, I would play low tier. Attitude and skill are equally important to me. For example, I would likely not division with a 48% player who has had thousands of games and doesn't care nearly as much about winning, getting kills, and dealing damage as I do. They'd become a burden on what I might want to do. However, if I'm in a division with a dark green player or a 58% blue player, I'd know that they likely have not only the skill, but the attitude that's much closer to mine. We'd be able to coordinate much more easily, and he'd be able to teach me some things.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu
  • Cool 1

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

So a guy who is having a hard time taking a screenshot is also having trouble with a VERY nuanced game, and it's the game that is rigging the deal. Hmmm.

Members
358 posts
3,738 battles

Do you realize that even with a PERFECT matchmaking system you would still have days where you lost all the time and then have days where you won more games to balance it out?

[TMS]
Members
2,386 posts
24,598 battles
2 hours ago, The_Painted_Target said:

I thought less devotion and common sense were separate things because the lack of common sense i see in this game is staggering.

If someone has had time to grind to tier X then they have played enough to learn and have some common sense but yet so many don't.

Members
4,463 posts
7,203 battles

I have contributed to our team,

MM does not care who you are nor does it 'decide' a WR for anyone.  The above does not mean you get to win because you contributed.

[SANK]
Members
298 posts
6,004 battles
3 hours ago, CylonRed said:

MM does not care who you are nor does it 'decide' a WR for anyone.  The above does not mean you get to win because you contributed.

No, but MM can decide the fate of the game before it ever begins.

• Cool 1

Members
4,463 posts
7,203 battles
3 hours ago, Billy2Hawks said:

Only if it has magical code that can see into the future.

• Cool 1

Members
2,526 posts
5,363 battles
4 hours ago, Billy2Hawks said:

It doesn't "decide" anything. It matches ships. IT has no idea about skill or anyone's disposition at any time. It puts games together according to its rules, and away you go.  There's a link in one of the first few posts that tells you exactly how the MM works. 

If you choose to not believe that, then that's on you. Not the MM, and not WG.

Edited by Thornir

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
626 posts
1,613 battles

I wouldn't mind waiting a little longer for a match if the MM would only put together two consecutive tiers rather than three, as it just seems like the difference in power between ships that are two tiers apart is too much.

[SANK]
Members
298 posts
6,004 battles
21 hours ago, CylonRed said:

Only if it has magical code that can see into the future.

21 hours ago, Thornir said:

It doesn't "decide" anything. It matches ships. IT has no idea about skill or anyone's disposition at any time. It puts games together according to its rules, and away you go.  There's a link in one of the first few posts that tells you exactly how the MM works. 

If you choose to not believe that, then that's on you. Not the MM, and not WG.

You both totally misunderstood my meaning, granted I was a little vague.

MM can decide a match before it even begins in the fact that it can load a team (randomly, and not intentionally) with a skewed skill distribution. You know those matches, the ones where you are down 5 ships in less than 5 minutes, while the enemy has lost none? Everyone has those matches, and those matches are decided before the game loads you in.

I am in no way saying it is done intentionally, but it does happen. Suddenly you are in a match where you have wasted 10+ minutes where you never even stood a chance of winning.

[TMS]
Members
2,386 posts
24,598 battles
17 minutes ago, Billy2Hawks said:

You both totally misunderstood my meaning, granted I was a little vague.

MM can decide a match before it even begins in the fact that it can load a team (randomly, and not intentionally) with a skewed skill distribution. You know those matches, the ones where you are down 5 ships in less than 5 minutes, while the enemy has lost none? Everyone has those matches, and those matches are decided before the game loads you in.

I am in no way saying it is done intentionally, but it does happen. Suddenly you are in a match where you have wasted 10+ minutes where you never even stood a chance of winning.

I understood what you meant but some people have to be spoon fed.

And indeed there are unwinnable matches because of MM.

Edited by Final8ty
  • Cool 1

[NAB]
Members
120 posts
3,444 battles
On 2018/8/11 at 1:51 AM, Billy2Hawks said:

Yup, a team based game that does not encourage team play. No coordination between players, so unless you are in a division, everyone is playing their own game. If that does not sync up, then it will very likely be a loss.

Rewards DMG farming, and static play. There are also the missions that appear from time to time which encourages bad play.

RNG slumps can be horrendous, not out to get you, but can be frustrating enough and in long enough runs that you get to where you don't want to log in, because you don't know whether or not you will waste 2 hours in steam roller losses/victories, or if you might actually challenged.

To be honest, I think that is the greatest failing of this game. Challenging matches are so far and few in between. To be honest, I will come back to a game in which I feel challenged, because a close match is exciting even if I lose. What is not exciting and a waste of time, is being steam rolled by the enemy who does not lose more than a few ships.

The last game I played, we lost 5 ships in about 4 minutes. At that point I didn't even try, I just logged out of the game, as there was no point in me sticking around. Didn't even care if I turned pink.

Then there is the extreme turn over. I have had about 30 people go through my clan, and 5 or less logged in more than once a week. I myself have not logged in in over a week because I had the same frustration as you. I would love to see the retention rate numbers on this game.

You, like me, might want to come back in about 3 weeks when the kids go back to school. Give it a few days to a week of playing, then decide whether or not to find a new game or stick with internet ships.

I agree with you. I hope I can play with the players who have the same level as me. Even lose, I don’t care. But I hate stupid lose such as the picture I submitted below. It’s waste of my time.

I have left this game. This game can not make me happy.

E3174E22-0FA5-482A-9DC9-5DE4AF0AB898.jpeg

[NAB]
Members
120 posts
3,444 battles
On 2018/8/11 at 6:45 AM, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

老兄,同感。中国人?

这游戏的开发商可以说目光非常短钱,他们根本就不在乎我们这些达到一定水平的玩家的感受,他们只会盲目的让新玩家加入。不管这些玩家的态度或水平是否对游戏的可玩性和持续性有利,只要他们肯玩,最好在商城买点东西,他们就是大爷。

很多时候真的感觉特别力不从心,不管自己打得再好总会因那几个白痴最后又输一局。这游戏对白痴玩家根本就不采取任何措施跟惩罚,一级房的白痴玩家到了十级房照样傻逼。更可悲的是你给很多队友一些战术上的指点他们不但没有一点感恩之心,反过来还骂你这样那样的,觉得你凭什么叫他们非要怎么玩。

这些技术差,态度更差的玩家我是不想理,但有的时候他们故意挑衅会把我惹急。战舰世界是团队型网游,一两个人的能力终究是有限的。如果连一点争取胜利,为队友着想的愿望都没有,那这些人可以去玩单机游戏。

相同的场均胜率的玩家匹配在一起玩才是让人快乐的。即便输,也是开心的。经常是和一群低水准的玩家匹配在一起,局势就一边倒,开局几分钟死了一半,怎么打?而且一输经常连着输十几局。莫名其妙。毕竟是小作坊游戏公司,整天想着骗氪逼肝。我已经不玩了,回去玩魔兽世界了。