Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Level_1D10T

Game Launcher for multiple servers - change for the worse

12 comments in this topic

[NX]
Members
5 posts
2,236 battles

I have an EU and an NA account. Until recently I could choose the server I wanted in the launcher and on pressing play it would launch into the game on the chosen server. WG must have recently updated the launcher - around the time 0.7.7 came out, and now to change server I have to re-enter my account and password every time I change from one server to another. I sent a question to support to ask how I could use the launcher without having to do this, the reply was that the new version was an improvement. Does anyone agree that choosing the server in a dropdown and then having to enter the account name and password is an improvement over choosing the server from the dropdown and pressing play? If so please explain your logic as WG would not comment further.

• Cool 1

Members
1,352 posts
1,345 battles

I'm still using the old launcher for both Tanks and Ships. 

totally not because I'm too lazy or I don't know how or anything. 

[POP]
Members
1,548 posts
17,395 battles

Russian software technology working as intended comrade :Smile_teethhappy:

Related image

Supertester
3,005 posts
10,086 battles
46 minutes ago, Level_1D10T said:

I have an EU and an NA account. Until recently I could choose the server I wanted in the launcher and on pressing play it would launch into the game on the chosen server. WG must have recently updated the launcher - around the time 0.7.7 came out, and now to change server I have to re-enter my account and password every time I change from one server to another. I sent a question to support to ask how I could use the launcher without having to do this, the reply was that the new version was an improvement. Does anyone agree that choosing the server in a dropdown and then having to enter the account name and password is an improvement over choosing the server from the dropdown and pressing play? If so please explain your logic as WG would not comment further.

May want to update your mod.. Only way I've ever been able to get to the EU server is with Aslan's (though I don't use that anymore). Moreover, with regards to having to manually enter your information, are you sure the "remember me" or "remember information" box is checked? 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both client launchers to test each post 7.7 and haven't had an issue with the launcher remembering who I am.

[NX]
Members
5 posts
2,236 battles
1 hour ago, BURN_Miner said:

May want to update your mod.. Only way I've ever been able to get to the EU server is with Aslan's (though I don't use that anymore). Moreover, with regards to having to manually enter your information, are you sure the "remember me" or "remember information" box is checked? 

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both client launchers to test each post 7.7 and haven't had an issue with the launcher remembering who I am.

I've just tested it again and it does not retain my email and password when I switch servers. The launcher only remembers the last server I used. If I wish to change to launch on the NA server after I was last on the EU server, or the other way around, I have to re-enter my email and password despite having checked the "remember me" box for both servers.

Supertester
3,005 posts
10,086 battles
2 hours ago, Level_1D10T said:

I've just tested it again and it does not retain my email and password when I switch servers. The launcher only remembers the last server I used. If I wish to change to launch on the NA server after I was last on the EU server, or the other way around, I have to re-enter my email and password despite having checked the "remember me" box for both servers.

Well, unfortunately this is not a vanilla launcher item, pertaining to both the Beta WGC and old school launcher. It's a conflict, for lack of a better term, between the "mod" you are using to access the server outside of your assigned area and the launcher.

I sat "lack of a better term", because the only thing that isn't working is the retention of your username and password, which is causing a minor inconvenience at most.

Bottom line though, I wouldn't expect WarGaming to fix this as they are going to tell you that they don't fix modifications to their client. 

Good luck to you

[HA_BG]
Members
5 posts
370 battles
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, Level_1D10T said:

WG has changed the launcher so that it now allows a change of server and retains usernames and passwords. Thanks WG.

How do I do that though? I can't seem to find said option

[NX]
Members
5 posts
2,236 battles

In the game centre, second line from the top on the left there is a drop down "game instance". If you have games instances registered on more than one server in the game centre you can choose the server there. Say, as I normally do, you have been playing on the EU server, you can change it there to the NA server. The start screen will come up and offer you a choice of entering a new name or simply pressing the player name of your NA server instance which you will find on this screen. Click on this and the game will start without the need to enter email and password.

You must have your game instances for each server registered on the game centre, and don't forget to use the "remember password" button if you want quick access.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,957 posts
4,184 battles
On 8/7/2018 at 10:27 PM, BURN_Miner said:

Moreover, with regards to having to manually enter your information, are you sure the "remember me" or "remember information" box is checked? 

I have two accounts that I use on the PTS.  "Remember me" doesn't work for either if you switch.  The password is probably saved under the same key, which it just lazy (and perhaps stupid) programming.

Probably the same programmers on that part of the launcher. 

[NX]
Members
5 posts
2,236 battles

I have an EU and an NA account under the same email and password but different player names - it works for me as described above.

Maybe check if you still have the old game centre - the "remember me" didn't work on that. Otherwise it may depend on exactly your server, email, player name and password configuration as to whether it works for you or not.

Sign in to follow this