Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Garbage T10 modules

9 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
4,485 posts
11,046 battles

So there are several ships in T10 that have researchable modules (all of them are torpedoes except for the GK's Main Battery) Some of them definitely have differences in play styles and are a real choice. For example, Zao's 8km and 12km torps each have an upside and downside and offer differences in play styles. Same with Gearing and Shima.

However, what is the point of the stock torpedoes on the Grozovoi and the Z-52? There is absolutely no reason to run either of their stock torpedo modules. They are both just straight up worse than the researchable torpedoes (minus the extra knot in speed on the Grozovoi's). Since t10 ships are supposed to be "fully upgraded" when you get them and the modules are more to offer a difference in play style, these 2 ships' stock torpedoes are nothing more than an XP pit compared to the other T10 ships that a player must progress through to get the ship "fully unlocked." There are no spotting advantages: both Z-52 torpedoes have the same spotting range and the Grozovoi's stock torpedoes have worse spotting range.

image.png.faf5f68b681ed99cc1d81f85ce3dfef7.png

image.png.c6c03aa4638d3cfea98161eb76bea230.png

This is terrible game design when you consider that all the other torpedo modules at t10 offer upsides and downsides and T10 ships are supposed to be "fully unlocked." (Love how there is no rating decrease on the Z-52 when going back to those torps that are worse on every difference)

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
4,485 posts
11,046 battles
24 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Poor CVs forgotten again . . .

They aren't in my port.... Technically, I forgot the Conq's gun options as well.

Edited by Ducky_shot

[SYN]
Members
3,435 posts
16,666 battles
48 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Poor CVs forgotten again . . .

Cv's should be stock with no manual drop attacks, that way the 30%WR clowns can compete

Members
1,456 posts
8,401 battles
8 minutes ago, tugdual said:

Stock torpedoes of Shima are useless.

i absolutely hated those 20km torps.  either using them myself when i got the ship or seeing people use them.   They are such awful torps, and just encourages those DD players who never leave map edge to stay there all game firing those torps at people 15km away. 

anyways, i do agree that tier 10s should all be fully researched/bought when you get them.   offer other options for guns and torps?  fine by me.     DDs and CVs seem to be the ones most hurt by this current design compared to cruisers and BBs. 

[AFK]
[AFK]
Members
411 posts
9,863 battles

And important thing, Z52 and Grozovoï are gun boat. And their tors respect that, they are average, not poor but not great.

The only true choice on T10 DD is a Khaba, you playing him with smoke or repair ?

[OO7]
Members
4,485 posts
11,046 battles
1 hour ago, tugdual said:

Stock torpedoes of Shima are useless.

Agreed, but there is an upside and a downside to them, unlike the 2 I have pictured. You want 20km torps??? They go slow and do less damage. 

Beta Testers
1,144 posts
6,487 battles
1 hour ago, tugdual said:

And important thing, Z52 and Grozovoï are gun boat. And their tors respect that, they are average, not poor but not great.

The only true choice on T10 DD is a Khaba, you playing him with smoke or repair ?

Z52 is a torp boat, imo.

Sign in to follow this