You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CrazyHorse_Denver

Question for former Corgi and future Pirate players???

17 comments in this topic

Members
1,119 posts
14,545 battles

Does your play style change very much when every red ship out there gives you a bigger priority for sinking than any of your green team mates?

Not having done it myself I can only imagine, but I think I'd make the red baddies chase me into the farthest corner away from any caps or the heavy action taking place against team mates. If my getting killed is the purpose for me being there at least I could help out my team by being the wild goose that the red meanies are chasing.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,697 posts
14,131 battles

It does. I'm more aggressive, but also kite more when I'm a corgi. More likely to go grab someone's attention and draw him back to my team, lather, rinse, repeat. I'm also more likely to play so-called bad ships, if I have a choice to.

[PSP]
Members
8,183 posts

When I was a Corgi I tended to play normally until the game was decisively won or lost and then went looking for people who might have wanted to sink me. Of course, they would have a fight on their hands if they wanted to do so but I did not run and hide at a corner of the map and wait until the timer ticked down just to spite someone a kill.

It's funny how many times I'd announce "Corgi at I5" or some such only to get the reply "I'm not falling for that!" I actually was at I5 and giving someone a chance for a kill.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Funny 1

Members
1,119 posts
14,545 battles
17 minutes ago, Lert said:

It does. I'm more aggressive, but also kite more when I'm a corgi. More likely to go grab someone's attention and draw him back to my team, lather, rinse, repeat. I'm also more likely to play so-called bad ships, if I have a choice to.

Ah... I did not think of that. Instead of drawing them away from your team mates you draw them into their guns. Either way when you see how some players develop tunnel vision when they see a CV it becomes obvious how easily some people get distracted and thus easily killed.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Privateers
2,217 posts
11,734 battles
45 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Does your play style change very much when every red ship out there gives you a bigger priority for sinking than any of your green team mates?

Not having done it myself I can only imagine, but I think I'd make the red baddies chase me into the farthest corner away from any caps or the heavy action taking place against team mates. If my getting killed is the purpose for me being there at least I could help out my team by being the wild goose that the red meanies are chasing.

You play as normally you would play, and extra concentration as you don't wanted to be first sunk.

Normally I would carry the team; my Fuso at 85% of the battle was the last to survive, I would make it a little challenge to get me sunk. Got 4 kills mostly. I would communicated more in the chat after the announcing that I am a Corgi captain, and immediately the Priority Target skill Count jumped up to 10+.

the given account have 19 points captain for every ships that possibly availalbe

[OO7]
Members
4,451 posts
11,011 battles

I've been in 2 events, the first one I tried to win and put myself in spots, when a win was assured, where people could kill me. I had a 59% win rate and a sub 20% survival rate. 

The second event I tried to win and stay alive at all costs. I had a win percentage of 64% but a survival rate of 62%

Members
2,566 posts
7,326 battles

Hmmmm depends.... during Corgi Fleet i played a lot of ships I normally didn't have access to, so my play style did adapt to those, and become more kiting and less camping overall.

[O_O]
Members
5,080 posts
11,427 battles

x2 times as a Corgi Captain.

My first objective of each game was to win.

My second objective was to get sunk so a player could win the bounty.

If getting sunk would jeopardize a close game, refer back to my first objective.

Some games I would find myself targeted by several pretty much from the start.  I was a bit surprised, however, that it wasn't more frequent.  I was still able to mostly play my typical game.  Later in the game the difference became more apparent.  It was fun to have team mates work hard to defend me, and to see some red players YOLO to their demise in a vain attempt to sink me with a foolhardy effort.  I will admit, the amount of bitterness some players exhibited toward the event and to Corgi Captains was a bit shocking.  I got accused of being a bot a lot, and accused of YOLO'ing to be sunk and hurting my team (blanket complaint for Corgi Captains, not anything they had seen from me specifically).  I really tried to win every game, so those complaints may have been valid for some Corgi Captains, but not for me and not for most I talked with.  Heck, I finished my first Corgi season with 82 games played, 66 times sunk, 57% WR, 1,420 average XP, and 1.36 destruction ratio.  My second season was 50 games played, 36 times sunk, 66% WR, 1,528 average XP, and 1.86 destruction ratio.  YOLO???  Ha, more like TRY HARD!

Edited by desmo_2

[ZR]
Privateers, Supertester
685 posts
5,390 battles

I tend to win a lot more games in the bounty account. You'd have most of the enemy focus on you, and not everything else in the game :D

I don't give people easy kills, you have to work for it to get me. 

Members
427 posts
1,608 battles

I rarely look to see whos playing what. Its either a red target or a green ally. I look at what ship it is so I know some rhings I have to be wary of. Like a Gnies charging I know not to make a close pass and get torped as I've seen done too many times to count. But I doubt I'm going kill hunting. That has gotten me killed too many times. 

[AFK]
Members
77 posts
5,064 battles

thanks to previous captains for trying to gift kills, not that I got any people always stole them. 

But its a lot better than someone being a camper and trying to stay alive to ruin everyones chance of a little free stuff.

Applied and will probably play a little safer since corgis get focused like no tommorow

[MIA-I]
Privateers
1,250 posts
12,331 battles

I try to be a good teammate, and not an easy kill. Of course I'm not a top player, but as a Corgi I was pretty lucky. Not to mention that players tended to overextend when chasing me.

[REVY]
Members
1,244 posts
8,913 battles

Officially, it was your Job as a Corgi to be sunk.

That doesn't mean I was just going to roll over and play dead though.

I think I ended up with a high 60 or 70% win rate as a Corgi.

As Lert said, I tended to play a bit more aggressively. Add in the fact I've been playing since Open Beta and actually using WASD skills, while I may have eventually sunk, I didn't go easy and took quite a few down with me.

[TBOW]
Members
1,790 posts
12,228 battles

I try to become an attention hog.  Last long enough for my team to be in a position to win and then die in Glorious Yolo!!!!

[TDD]
Members
1,088 posts
8,741 battles

I improved as a player from my time as a Corgi. My situational awreness got a whole lot better and i started making less blunder mistakes. I credit my time as a corgi and lwm's articles on how to improve to getting me from a low forties wr to a 50+

and i'm still getting better although i do have bad days...like yesterday

[ARGSY]
Members
10,643 posts
7,006 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Officially, it was your Job as a Corgi to be sunk.

That doesn't mean I was just going to roll over and play dead though.

:Smile_teethhappy: