You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CrazyHorse_Denver

Wallet Warriors unite...part 3

34 comments in this topic

Members
1,131 posts
14,580 battles

For a simple $100 investment I got 25000 doubloons to play with. I threw in another 1200 I already owned and here is what I ended up with.

I converted enough ship XP into FXP to acquire the Kronshtadt. Damn she's a monster...I knew from playing against her that I wanted one for my fleet. It may be enough to turn me back into a cruiser main just by herself.

I also got the Perth. I'm not a real big fan of RN cruisers but at least this commonwealth one fixes their one big flaw and has HE shells.

Round out the spending with another 30 days of premium time. Always useful to have.

Now because of the above spending WoWS is going to give me a 3rd ship, the T-61 which I had wanted for free; along with a bunch of admittedly so so camo and 10 of all the common signal flags.

It's not the best deal WoWS has ever offered. For me that was the 'all the USN premium ships for $200' bundle they offered when the Enterprise was released. I don't jump on every sale/special they have but this one was good enough for me to be all over like a duck on a June bug. It helped to round out my fleet rather nicely.

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[SHEEP]
Members
200 posts
3,976 battles

Damn, this deal is only good for peeps who have a ton of cash to burn.  I can’t burn $100 on things I only sorta want to get an op $25 ship

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,777 posts
10,986 battles

Did you plan on spending that $100? If you did you got a great deal but if you didn't you got a not so great deal. Either way I hope you enjoy the ship.

[SQUAD]
Members
8,146 posts
8,416 battles

The only thing I could get with all my dubs is converted XP, and I'm waiting for another 1-35 ratio sale for that. So, this deal simply won't work for me. I can wait till the 17th.

• Cool 1

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,858 posts
5,338 battles

I wish i had saved the money on the Boise pack and had bought/spent dubloons this week instead :(

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

It just happened to work out for me. Premium was just about done, I had old gold from duplicate ships in crates.

Profit.

[RKLES]
Members
8,972 posts
10,828 battles

25,0000 blows my mind, just imagine what that would buy in the Christmas premium shop sales where not only is selection great, but also everything is 50% off normal price...  

Anyway those of you that have the cash to burn of Doubloon packs enjoy the T-61. :Smile_honoring:

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

25,0000 blows my mind, just imagine what that would buy in the Christmas premium shop sales where not only is selection great, but also everything is 50% off normal price...  

Anyway those of you that have the cash to burn of Doubloon packs enjoy the T-61. :Smile_honoring:

It wouldn't buy anything. Santa crates are purchased for cash.

Don't worry, I'll pick up crates at Christmas too if you're concerned. Heck, maybe you'll even get one from me, I get generous at that time of year!

[RKLES]
Members
8,972 posts
10,828 battles
Just now, Canadatron said:

It wouldn't buy anything. Santa crates are purchased for cash.

Don't worry, I'll pick up crates at Christmas too if you're concerned. Heck, maybe you'll even get one from me, I get generous at that time of year!

Thanks.

So the Doubloons would not be useful in buying ship like Sharnhorst among the others that are in the in game premium shop that time of year? 

Members
1,131 posts
14,580 battles
8 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Did you plan on spending that $100? If you did you got a great deal but if you didn't you got a not so great deal. Either way I hope you enjoy the ship.

Well I would have spent that much eventually either on ships or premium time. This offer just packed them all together with a doubloon purchase. I could have finished grinding out the Kronshtadt just like I did for the Missouri but if as they say, "time is money", we all have to put our own monetary value on what we consider our time to be worth.

I already enjoy the BB disguised as a CA and I'm a torpedo boat man when it comes to DDs so I'm sure I'll be enjoying the T-61, and premium time , signal flags and camo benefits my whole fleet.

My post wasn't meant to make others feel jealous although I'll admit it probably does. It was to contradict those like the poster above you that are constantly saying that we are spending $100 on a $25 boat. Depending on what the individual chooses for themselves it will come out to more than just one boat

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,777 posts
10,986 battles
2 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Well I would have spent that much eventually either on ships or premium time. This offer just packed them all together with a doubloon purchase. I could have finished grinding out the Kronshtadt just like I did for the Missouri but if as they say, "time is money", we all have to put our own monetary value on what we consider our time to be worth.

I already enjoy the BB disguised as a CA and I'm a torpedo boat man when it comes to DDs so I'm sure I'll be enjoying the T-61, and premium time , signal flags and camo benefits my whole fleet.

My post wasn't meant to make others feel jealous although I'll admit it probably does. It was to contradict those like the poster above you that are constantly saying that we are spending $100 on a $25 boat. Depending on what the individual chooses for themselves it will come out to more than just one boat

No problem, I don't have the money right now and not being big on DD's this doesn't tempt me. Now if they had this for a cruiser or BB my fingers would be itching.

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
10 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Thanks.

So the Doubloons would not be useful in buying ship like Sharnhorst among the others that are in the in game premium shop that time of year? 

Not for a guy like me it wouldn't. I have just about every Premium worth having (and some that are not so much!) Only premiums I have totally eschewed have been CV, I haven't any premiums there.

I have Scharn, Atago, Tirpitz, and all the other doubloons ships among plenty of others. I guess I'm a mega whale considering I barely play, but spend as though I do.

I even have a Imp Nik that hasn't even seen a round in game... blasphemy!

I do spend a lot but it's not truly"a lot" in the big picture. This is just one of the very few things I do outside of working and with all that working a bit of extra cash is my reward and I spend some here. 

Keep swimming lads.

[LEGIT]
Members
55 posts
18,859 battles

As a guy with every premium ship and yrs worth of premium time … spending 100$ worth of doubloons for a t6 dd that was teased repeatedly, shows the lengths WG will go... for a cash grab. This move is a bit much WG   imo 

That said I will likely get t-61 on the the 17th for normal price.  

[AAA]
Members
502 posts
8,192 battles
11 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

Wait till you encounter a Zao or a Hindy who knows what they are doing.. I like burning the Kronsh and it eats lots of pen damage. Such encounters with that ship made me sit on the fence thinking if I should buy it or not. Being a cruiser main was just waiting for its release but now I am continuing hoarding my 3.7 mil free exp. Maybe when they announce that its being removed forever that is when I might jump. Has always worked on me :D

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
8,972 posts
10,828 battles
24 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

Not for a guy like me it wouldn't. I have just about every Premium worth having (and some that are not so much!) Only premiums I have totally eschewed have been CV, I haven't any premiums there.

I have Scharn, Atago, Tirpitz, and all the other doubloons ships among plenty of others. I guess I'm a mega whale considering I barely play, but spend as though I do.

I even have a Imp Nik that hasn't even seen a round in game... blasphemy!

I do spend a lot but it's not truly"a lot" in the big picture. This is just one of the very few things I do outside of working and with all that working a bit of extra cash is my reward and I spend some here. 

Keep swimming lads.

Lol guess it would only helpful for a guy like me then, I could really have a lot of options to choose from in premium shop during Christmas sale with 25k Doubloons considering I only own a small handful of the total number of premium ships in the game... 

• Cool 1

Members
1,664 posts
14,274 battles

Good post - just a reminder for people, if you are planning on spending, or would be planning to spend in the future - with the T-61 as a “freebie” may be a good time to spend.  I am planning on getting the T-61, and if there was anything I wanted , now would be a good time to spend, but already have most of the premiums and free exp ships, and don’t really need to buy premium time.  So, will wait for the T-61 to go on regular sale and hope that WG does not only offer the T-61 in some outrageous packages.

Members
565 posts
168 battles

Sorry, until Stalingrad becomes un-gated, wallet will not open.

Far more successful games died out from gating unique non-cosmetic rewards.

For real "Wallet Warriors" this is treated as an investment. What do investors do when their confidence in an investment?

[RKLES]
Members
8,972 posts
10,828 battles
16 minutes ago, Sbane12 said:

Sorry, until Stalingrad becomes un-gated, wallet will not open.

Far more successful games died out from gating unique non-cosmetic rewards.

For real "Wallet Warriors" this is treated as an investment. What do investors do when their confidence in an investment?

Not every great Ship is entirely gated, for example Harekaze is cash only which prevents me from being able to get it and keeps me restricted to regular Kagero. But those of you that are able to pay the cash can get ships like that one. I feel Harekaze is actually one of the best DDs in the game with 100mm Akizuki Guns and Torp spreads of armed with Torp Reload Booster that exceeds Shimakaze Torp numbers.

Members
1,204 posts
3,156 battles
1 hour ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I can wait till the 17th.

1. Is this when there's another slale?

2. Where did you get that info?

Edited by CarbonButtprint

[FML]
Members
2,547 posts
12,119 battles
1 hour ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

The only thing I could get with all my dubs is converted XP, and I'm waiting for another 1-35 ratio sale for that. So, this deal simply won't work for me. I can wait till the 17th.

We shall div together, and it shall be glorious!!!!

[ICBM]
Members
558 posts
11,490 battles

Spend $25k in gold and get a free ship and other perks.

Don't understand why there is an issue of any kind.

Pretty simple, No-one is forced to do anything.

Enough of the drama queen responses. Thank you.

• Cool 1

Members
565 posts
168 battles
39 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Not every great Ship is entirely gated, for example Harekaze is cash only which prevents me from being able to get it and keeps me restricted to regular Kagero. But those of you that are able to pay the cash can get ships like that one. I feel Harekaze is actually one of the best DDs in the game with 100mm Akizuki Guns and Torp spreads of armed with Torp Reload Booster that exceeds Shimakaze Torp numbers.

I don't agree with the decision to make a unique ship only purchasable. It would make more sense to make the ship purchasable, come with a unique camo, and make one acquirable in game normally but not be able to get the unique camo. With that said, the whales do keep the lights on, without the whales the game doesn't exist. On the opposite hand, without the few percentage of players that will be able to get the Stalingrad, the game still exists and can still flourish, if anything the pop would flourish MORE because unique (and non cosmetic) rewards wouldn't be gated.

Just like Stalingrad should be achievable through campaigns, and steel should be purchasable with real $. No one is claiming that the effort placed in the competitive environment should not net any reward, but it should be cosmetic or mostly cosmetic. Like a unique Stalingrad camo, akin to the effect of the Ice camos or Space camos would be a good compromise, that you can only get by achieving certain ranks.

Black...Flint...these gated rewards are not 100% cosmetic, but for the alternatives to these ships are available to the general population. Salem is a PERFECT example of a ship that should be the Steel reward/Competitive reward and NOT Stalingrad. Salem is perfectly comparable to Flint and Black.  Until Stalingrad is un-gated in how I described, I will be voting with my wallet, and so will many others. The biggest whales also have the least amount of play time, that is the norm. We are the collector type.

Edited by Sbane12
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[AAA]
Members
502 posts
8,192 battles
32 minutes ago, swifttex1 said:

Spend $25k in gold and get a free ship and other perks.

Don't understand why there is an issue of any kind.

Pretty simple, No-one is forced to do anything.

Enough of the drama queen responses. Thank you.

Its just 25k in gold. Someone spending $25k in gold would be invited by WG and felicitated probably :D

• Cool 1