You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LadyAnesjka

Is this possible to fix ?

50 comments in this topic

[HRVAT]
[HRVAT]
Members
576 posts
6,930 battles

I just have a game in my Atlanta.  Map was 2 Brothers.... I am sure you know where I am going with this already.

I have my Atlanta load up with flags to go have good game. Did not expect this map, did not expect this team.

At start of match ALL 3 DD go to go middle. 2 spawn on far left, one on far right...

Scout ? What is scouting...who care of team !!!! Go Middle !!! Ruin game for all.

So team now have no scout, no eye so force to stay in base or go middle with them. I lash out in chat ,of course, and turn around and sail to far back. I refuse to be involve with such glue sniff, paint huff paste eater type of window licker play. ( can tell I am frustrate, no ? )

Needless to say, I say few choice word in chat, and I am the one who get chan ban ( again ) for call out very dumb play. 

My question :
Why is a ship so much NEEDED, is very integral for success of game ( DD ) , have so much power to ruin game. Even radar cruiser at t8 through t10 do not weild as much power as bad DD Driver....

Ugh.. just am frustrate that bad player who KNOW they being bad report YOU for calling out they bad play and you the one who get chat ban.

Damn kids.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 5

[DAKI]
Supertester
2,172 posts
9,277 battles

DDs are like the poor man's CV in a way. Having a poor CV player vs a unicum one is almost a sure loss unless a miracle happens. But this is true for every ship type, not just CVs and DDs, its just more noticeable

Members
182 posts
2,612 battles

If I insulted everyone who deserved it in chat they would ban my entire Class A IP range. 

It's hard for people in North America to understand this given the level of entitlement we experience, but the random twists of the universe do not care about your flags and camo. I sometimes feel like slapping a Wyvern on is a promise my team will be awful. As a matter of fact, I enjoy the game more now that I expect the other 11 players to be awful.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,271 battles

Listen, and understand! Online Random Players are out there! They can almost be bargained with. Almost be reasoned with. Will not feel pity, or remorse, or fear! And it almost will not stop, ever, until you are dead!

• Funny 3

[-KAK-]
Members
101 posts
4,420 battles

i find when in situations where a dd chooses to lem with other DD's; or runs away from the flank he started on, All it takes is a 'Hey [Ship_Name], can you help us at [Cap]'. 

Most of the time they comply, and if they don't? well not much you can do about that.

Either way, them going down middle is more contribution then fleeing to the A/B line in frustration.

FWIW, I've called out players for bad plays before (None have resulted in a chat ban). If it's justified, usually I don't even lose a report. If you go ballistic, well...

Maybe just 'tone' down the lashing out

[-BRS-]
Members
2,624 posts
16,045 battles
17 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

I just have a game in my Atlanta.  Map was 2 Brothers.... I am sure you know where I am going with this already.

I have my Atlanta load up with flags to go have good game. Did not expect this map, did not expect this team.

At start of match ALL 3 DD go to go middle. 2 spawn on far left, one on far right...

Scout ? What is scouting...who care of team !!!! Go Middle !!! Ruin game for all.

So team now have no scout, no eye so force to stay in base or go middle with them. I lash out in chat ,of course, and turn around and sail to far back. I refuse to be involve with such glue sniff, paint huff paste eater type of window licker play. ( can tell I am frustrate, no ? )

Needless to say, I say few choice word in chat, and I am the one who get chan ban ( again ) for call out very dumb play. 

My question :
Why is a ship so much NEEDED, is very integral for success of game ( DD ) , have so much power to ruin game. Even radar cruiser at t8 through t10 do not weild as much power as bad DD Driver....

Ugh.. just am frustrate that bad player who KNOW they being bad report YOU for calling out they bad play and you the one who get chat ban.

Damn kids.

Sorry you can't fix bad play from others that's why radar was introduced so you can do it yourself without destroyers

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,271 battles
1 minute ago, silverdahc said:

Sorry you can't fix bad play from others that's why radar was introduced so you can do it yourself without destroyers

Rephrasing my earlier comment

Listen, and understand! Bad Players are out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear! And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until they are dead!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[-BRS-]
Members
2,624 posts
16,045 battles
Just now, Vangm94 said:

Listen, and understand! Bad Players are out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear! And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until they are dead!

Ding ding winner

You bust me up every time you post this:cap_like:

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,787 posts
2,718 battles
23 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

My question :

Damn kids.

You shouldn't flame in chat, unless it is a language they won't understand.

• Cool 2

[CVA16]
Members
3,220 posts
11,236 battles

The problem, especially on Two Brothers, is that everyone has this Eureka moment when they ask themselves if anyone has ever just snuck up the middle, capping and engaging the red team from behind for the win! They don't think to ask the rest of the team that has more experience and can say "yes, I have seen it tried and it (almost) always fails miserably". 

I would assume these DD drivers probably won't try it again. It is bad when you lose all your scouting due to bad play.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
36 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

Map was 2 Brothers....

I see more bonehead players on that map than on any other. In one Standard battle half the Red Team came charging through Deadman's Gulch right at the start and gave us a turkey shoot. Players from my team have done it too. And it It never fails that some pre-pubescent zitpopper will say "EVERYONE UP THE MIDDLE!" and rush in there himself.

I never enter Death Valley on that map until late in the battle when I'm sure that I wont be greeted by a torpedo enema by doing so.

• Funny 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,146 posts
7,153 battles
28 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

"Smell that? You smell that? Potatoes, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of potatoes in the morning. You know, one time we had the Two Brothers map for three matches. When it was all over, I sailed up the channel. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Red Ship. The smell, you know that potatoey smell?  The whole cap smelled like… victory.   Someday this war's gonna end…"

Edited by JCC45
  • Funny 2

[WFR]
Members
433 posts
50 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

My question :

Damn kids.

positively love the word choice. and completely agree. most of the games one plays are winnable by attrition if the Destroyer just stays alive. CV and DD control a lot of power in game.

Unfortunately in NA we have what is called 'politically correct culture' so telling a stupid person that they are stupid is generally not well-received unless they had time in the military and some intestinal fortitude.

I can only recommend you try to keep those words to yourself. but I am also guilty of letting someone have it in chat as well. it's not rocket science, yet for some people, it's like watching a chicken try to learn higher mathematics.

don't let it wear you down lol. really... at the end of the day it's still pretty fun shooting someone else's ship haha.

Edited by SinisterSe7en
  • Funny 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,271 battles
Just now, JCC45 said:

"Smell that? You smell that? Potatoes, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of potatoes in the morning. You know, one time we had the Two Brothers map for three matches. When it was all over, I sailed up the channel. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Red Ship. The smell, you know that potatoey smell?  The whole cap smelled like… victory.   Someday this war's gonna end…"

I am willing to push through the channel in my Ryujo if I can see that there is no one on the otherside and both flanks are slowly crumbling. I probably did it a couple of times but I can't say how successful....

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,088 battles
33 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Since when did 2 wrongs make a right? 

It doesn’t. Never has and never will.

[YORHA]
Members
4,146 posts
7,153 battles
2 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

But three rights make a left.

• Funny 1

[WOLF1]
Members
2,628 posts

well last game we were way ahead in points, and 3 ships vs 2, the 2 BBs got over excited and decided to go through the middle channel just for fun, i told them don't do that they will get torpedoed and we would lose, well they ignored me, so my indy stayed back to guard our base, hope time would run out fast enough, but sure enough the 2 BBs got deleted by a single CA, while i defended the base against their DD, we lost a sure win game :(

Edited by Happy668

[SHEEP]
Members
200 posts
3,976 battles

All you have to do is get flambass on your team, he’ll get all the damage and kills but he’ll hold that channel from 8 enemy ships and come out on top ;)

[OO7]
Members
4,478 posts
11,039 battles
14 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

And actually those dds aren't technically wrong, they just weren't playing according to the typically accepted meta. They were spotting the channel. So I guess there is only one wrong and it is on the part of the op. 

Members
1,866 posts
1 hour ago, LadyAnesjka said:

My question :

Damn kids.

Just wait until you see the aircraft carrier go up the middle.

• Funny 1

Members
653 posts

I just Drive my Ships and lend a hand where needed, If I die oh well. I gave up on Team Cooperation. All DD players do what they want when they want,It's a given.

That is why I play the PT only.

to add ... We need More Radar Ships..... Longer duration.....Farther reach

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles

Can't say much being that I'm one of those guys that will take a Tirpitz up the mid and have it work 66% of the time.

It's really situational IMO. For example: wouldn't do it on the 4-cap map but all day on the 2-cap.

If it was 2-cap I would have followed being in an Atlanta and finished off anything they didn't instantly sink with guns and torped the hell out of anything they missed.