You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Joe_918145

WoWS Stats & Numbers Should Fix Co-op Ratings

9 comments in this topic

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
245 posts
10,400 battles

Almost everybody who plays Co-op has a 'Super-Unicum' win rating.  I've played enough Co-op to be able to assure you that all those players are not super-unicums.  LOL!

Seriously, my gut tells me that a 95% win rate in Co-op is 'Below Average' at best.  But without all the data is is impossible to know exactly where the median is.  It does seem, however, that WoWS Stats & Numbers is using Random Battle data for the Co-op ratings.  The same can be said for PR and Average Damage ratings.

Co-op ratings should reflect what the player is doing relative to other Co-op players. Otherwise, why even bother to include Co-op stats on the website?

Of course, if they were to make a change, then perhaps I'd be looking at a lot of red 'Bads' on my stats similar to the way my Random stats look.  :)

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

Members
56 posts
8,299 battles

WoWS Stats & Numbers is an external site. If you want to make a suggestion, you could use the e-mail address at the bottom of their page.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,762 posts
10,986 battles

I would say that 85 - 95% is the average range as the tiers played impact the rate far more in co-op than in random battles. It would take a lot of work to modify the ratings systems to work with co-op and the number of players there really doesn't justify that work.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,492 posts
15,388 battles

@Joe_918145 What business of yours is anyone else's Co op Win/Loss percentages? As far as I can tell no one is bragging about how well they do in Co op.

Unless one is an extremely poor player their Co op W/L % is going to be high but it don't mean squat! 

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,065 battles
1 hour ago, Joe_918145 said:

Almost everybody who plays Co-op has a 'Super-Unicum' win rating.  I've played enough Co-op to be able to assure you that all those players are not super-unicums.  LOL!

Seriously, my gut tells me that a 95% win rate in Co-op is 'Below Average' at best.  But without all the data is is impossible to know exactly where the median is.  It does seem, however, that WoWS Stats & Numbers is using Random Battle data for the Co-op ratings.  The same can be said for PR and Average Damage ratings.

Co-op ratings should reflect what the player is doing relative to other Co-op players. Otherwise, why even bother to include Co-op stats on the website?

Of course, if they were to make a change, then perhaps I'd be looking at a lot of red 'Bads' on my stats similar to the way my Random stats look.  :)

if you look at the detail stats of the co-op results.  the stats report the same info as you would see on the a Random match.  

win rates are relatively unimportant rather on the other things that goes on.  simply because it is easier to kill a BOT than a human...and one really good player can carry the whole team if they wanted to.  However, in the details it tells you exactly what the player has done in that match.  if you lazy and do noting...your performance will be recorded. in co-op exp payouts are small, so game progression is slower than that of Random.  that the the only trade off between co-op and random, simply b/c it "easier" to win in Co-op. 

9 of 10 games is an avg win rate for me.  simply, cause due to the type of ship i play or tier ...and what my other team does.  far from perfect. 

Edited by Shinnidan

[SHEEP]
Members
200 posts
3,976 battles

Why do you even care about Co-Op stats, it    doesn’t reflect pvp performance at all, the way the bots play skews it heavily towards a dds that yolotorps and ends the game in 5 minutes because they got to torp 3 full hp bbs while they push the smoke angled to the rest of the team

[B2P]
Beta Testers
145 posts
8,419 battles
2 hours ago, Joe_918145 said:

The data is meaningless since matches in Coop end far quicker compared to a Random. Many of the times the bots get destroyed without killing anyone on your team at which point the match will end early due to the huge score difference.

There's also times you have some bad luck with your spawn location and the entire bot team goes to the other side, leaving you without a target to shoot at for a good amount of the battle. Same thing if they YOLO charge your team that has bots placed in it...leaving you with fewer targets left to fight over with other human players.

The data is only available since Wargaming included the API commands to pull it from their Developer site. The same thing for certain commands regarding Scenarios regarding number of seasons played in divisions or random groups. But how useful is that? When a game mode is only useful to just go chill for awhile, clear some special/personal missions quickly, or test a new ship you unlocked...its kind of pointless to consider statistic data when it provides nothing useful to assist you in self-improving in the game.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
245 posts
10,400 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Joe_918145 What business of yours is anyone else's Co op Win/Loss percentages?  

The same could be said about Random Win/Loss percentages.

However, based on the feedback from you guys I'll back off rather than fight a windmill.

The point I made about the data being wrong is still a valid point.  Invalid data is worse than useless.  I'll use the suggestion from ImpalaCustom and contact the third party about that fact.  I thought until today that WoWS Stats & Numbers was an official site of WG.  Thanks for the suggestion

Members
1,866 posts
3 hours ago, Joe_918145 said:

... why even bother to include Co-op stats on the website?

Good question. I have no interest in mine. Every co-op mission has the main goal of completing the objective, before anything else.