You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Pirates to replace Corgi Fleet events?

97 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
8,959 posts
10,828 battles

Saw on news looks like Wargaming is doing a Pirate Fleet to replace the Corgi Fleet events. And while I will miss being a Corgi, being a Pirate sounds like it will be fun way to help out the community again. Hopefully they accept my application since being a Corgi Captain and having everyone on enemy team after you in hopes of claiming the reward was a lot of fun lol. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,380 posts
3,052 battles

Never was a corgi... Only started seriously playing about 9 months ago. Hopefully Ill get to be a pirate!

[TDD]
Members
1,091 posts
8,760 battles

The Corgi Fleet events were the most fun I have had In wows. I hope to continue with this event....by thunder i'll be a pirate but i'll be a corgi pirate as well!

BOrk! BorK!

• Cool 4

Members
4,123 posts
8,680 battles
7 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Saw on news looks like Wargaming is doing a Pirate Fleet to replace the Corgi Fleet events. And while I will miss being a Corgi, being a Pirate sounds like it will be fun way to help out the community again. Hopefully they accept my application since being a Corgi Captain and having everyone on enemy team after you in hopes of claiming the reward was a lot of fun lol. :Smile_honoring:

I agree, I signed up.Not sure if I will get it, but I will be a easy sinking since I do not play that much Random games.

[RKLES]
Members
8,959 posts
10,828 battles
3 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

The Corgi Fleet events were the most fun I have had In wows. I hope to continue with this event....by thunder i'll be a pirate but i'll be a corgi pirate as well!

BOrk! BorK!

Yeah same here. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
14,980 posts
9,575 battles

I wonder if Pirate and Pirate Captains will have all the ships like the last Corgi event did. It was fun getting to try Flint, Black, Iwaki Alpha and Arkansas Beta.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,747 posts
10,984 battles
18 minutes ago, nina_blain_73 said:

BOrk! BorK!

15 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah same here. :Smile_Default:

This, I was only in the last one but I had lots of fun and although I was a bit burned out at the end it was a good kind of burn out. Hopefully BrushWolf will be Pirate BrushWolf and to those that will be hunting the pirates we do not go easily into the light and will fight to our last breath. One thing I hope they do if there are any time limited missions is to allow the pirates to advance them while they pirating.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
8,959 posts
10,828 battles
6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I wonder if Pirate and Pirate Captains will have all the ships like the last Corgi event did. It was fun getting to try Flint, Black, Iwaki Alpha and Arkansas Beta.

Yeah I remember getting to use ships I never dreamed I would have ever been able to have the privilege of using such as Harekaze, ARP ships, Scharnhorst, and Graf Spee. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,719 posts
7,007 battles
19 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Well if I read the rules correctly, the Pirate Captains are all CC's and WG staff anyway, so you'd reasonably expect them to have just about everything. As for the crew... well, let's hope they don't get given anything TOO OP.

I think this will just be Corgi Fleets all over again, but under another name now that Niko's gone. I was very pleased to be able to sink a Corgi in that last event; wonder how many pirates I can take out.

• Cool 1

Members
4,123 posts
8,680 battles
31 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I hope so:Smile_honoring:

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

about time they do a new event im happy with pirate corgi event.

• Cool 1

[SFBG]
[SFBG]
Members
1,599 posts
8,373 battles
40 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Man, I hope so... I played the Death Pickle every free minute that weekend...

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,274 posts
8,730 battles

I really enjoyed being a Corgi. It's shame that (apparently) only CCs and Staff will be pirates. 

I assume that this will be like Corgi events, but it would be fun as heck to have, about 3 minutes into the battle, a huge pirate fleet spawn in and the original two teams have to work together to defeat them. With prizes for beating the pirates and kills, damage, etc. 

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
14,980 posts
9,575 battles
10 minutes ago, OgreMkV said:

I really enjoyed being a Corgi. It's shame that (apparently) only CCs and Staff will be pirates. 

I assume that this will be like Corgi events, but it would be fun as heck to have, about 3 minutes into the battle, a huge pirate fleet spawn in and the original two teams have to work together to defeat them. With prizes for beating the pirates and kills, damage, etc. 

The crew size is to be 150-200, so maybe some of us regular people will get to be pirates.

• Cool 1

[SWNG]
Beta Testers
11 posts
6,658 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Ditto! Absolutely!

[RKLES]
Members
8,959 posts
10,828 battles

Lol just in case I get chosen and if it is like Corgi event, I am getting a lot of practice in with Kagero so I can be ready to get my hands on Harekaze for another weekend. Sink a couple of ships and end up with entire enemy fleet converging on my location, lol that was fun... :cap_haloween:

And of course the eye catching camo did make me stand out, I mean why hide when you are a Corgi?

Although if it is for Prates may need to use BBs like Sharnhorst instead?  (Secondary gun broadsides and all that lol)  :Smile_izmena:

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[WGA]
Administrator
1,259 posts
508 battles

We're pretty excited to bring this event to you guys and have been overwhelmed by how many folks want to participate.  We're looking forward to the 15th!

[PVE]
Members
14,980 posts
9,575 battles
6 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

We're pretty excited to bring this event to you guys and have been overwhelmed by how many folks want to participate.  We're looking forward to the 15th!

What happens on the 15th? I thought the pirates would be notified on the 13th in PM and on the 17th, the event would start per the sign-up?

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
578 posts
12,229 battles

If chosen I will proudly sail my Corgi battle ensign yet again. If not I will be on the hunt for Pirates!

r0ceq.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PIZZA]
Privateers
961 posts
21,686 battles

I have done the Corgi thing twice now......no matter what it is called it is a riot and I highly recommend you do this if you can.  However....keep in mind, YOU NEED TO FOLLOW THE RULES ONCE THEY ARE POSTED.................and...................you have to make yourself available for as much as the weekend as you can.   

[PVE]
Members
14,980 posts
9,575 battles
2 minutes ago, BaronVonTom said:

I have done the Corgi thing twice now......no matter what it is called it is a riot and I highly recommend you do this if you can.  However....keep in mind, YOU NEED TO FOLLOW THE RULES ONCE THEY ARE POSTED.................and...................you have to make yourself available for as much as the weekend as you can.   

The last Corgi event, I got in. I played for almost all of the weekend times. It was a blast and would love to play again.

[WGA]
Administrator
933 posts
13,649 battles
25 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The crew size is to be 150-200, so maybe some of us regular people will get to be pirates.

Crew will be comprised entirely of community members who meet our requirements and selected randomly. Plenty of slots for the community to claim :)

The "Captains" will be limited to WG staff and CCs - currently looking at around 30ish Captain participants. 

13 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

What happens on the 15th? I thought the pirates would be notified on the 13th in PM and on the 17th, the event would start per the sign-up?

Pirate Participants will officially be announced by the 15th. 

[RKLES]
Members
8,959 posts
10,828 battles
22 minutes ago, Radar_X said:

Will this be like the Corgi Fleet was? I really enjoyed helping out the community as a Corgi, and would be fun as a Pirate as well if you need me. :Smile_Default: