You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Filthy_Pelican

I saw a Jean Bart!

40 comments in this topic

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
516 posts
22,246 battles

So I saw my first Jean Bart!

Before the round began I did put in chat that I can't believe I sank my first Jean Bart, which may have been a bit premature. So anyhow as the round began I was attacked in my Asashio by a Yue Yang which caused me to send out a few wide spreads of torps at the enemy side. I managed to get one hit on the Jean Bart to which he begins to type in chat that I don't know how to use my torpedos so as I repositioned myself and I caught him coming around an island at about 6km and put 4 more deep water torps into the Jean Bart. You would have thought I fired salt torpedos! From then on I had him and a teammate who was also sunk and had plenty of time to watch me play continue to shed salty tears and tell me how I suck, I only can do well in an OP destroyer and how I hurt my team by hunting one ship...So then I sank the enemy Kurfurst and hit a couple others before my team won the round. I don't know what was better: Sinking my First Jean Bart or Mining a whole shipload of salt. Good Times in this game! 

jean_bart.jpg

Edited by Filthy_Pelican
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,405 posts
3,058 battles

Hopefully it makes its appearance soon!

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
516 posts
22,246 battles
16 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Hopefully it makes its appearance soon!

I'm ready to add it to my collection. The French BB line is a great line. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,914 posts
7,074 battles
11 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

I don't know what was better: Sinking my First Jean Bart or Mining a whole shipload of salt.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,733 posts
14,175 battles

Wait, so, was it the Jean Bart that spewed all the salt?

[ARGSY]
Members
10,914 posts
7,074 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

That was my reading of the OP's account, yes.

I merely supplied the soundtrack for OP's enjoyment. 

[NDA]
Supertester
5,188 posts
15,385 battles

This is weird because I also saw my first Jean Bart Yesterday. 

:cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
[-BRS-]
Members
516 posts
22,246 battles
28 minutes ago, Lert said:

40/60 split between the Jean Bart Captain and the Minotaur teammate whom I didn't even fire at. Apparently, It's not good to Have an OP DD that can only hit BBs and CVs with torps all while dodging enemy DDs with Japanese guns that arent great. Asashio is not an easy ship to be successful in, ya gotta work at it or you get erased. 

[-RNG-]
Members
260 posts
5,710 battles

Please tell me you won! I love when the salt shakers have to sing the blues in defeat LOL 

[BS]
Members
1,451 posts
7,831 battles

Shame, if i was home i'd attach a heart breaking replay of a round with a Jean bart in it you could snoop. We lost at the very end by a few points, we needed to kill the enemy CV to win. Our CV player hits the enemy CV with torps but it's just not quite enough to kill him right as the round ends. I'll attach it to this when I get home from work.

[REVY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,926 battles
28 minutes ago, Lert said:

I saw Lert get sunk in a Jean Bart last night from my Belfast.

even though the cat got wet, never heard any salt from him.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,064 posts
5,836 battles
1 minute ago, Lord_Slayer said:

I saw Lert get sunk in a Jean Bart last night from my Belfast.

even though the cat got wet, never heard any salt from him.

cats don't talk.

Lert is actually a magical mage that disguise as a cat.

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Funny 1

[REVY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,926 battles
1 minute ago, Cruxdei said:

cats don't talk.

Lert is actually a magical mage that disguise as a cat.

does that make LWM Sabrina the teenage witch?

When-Someone-Asks-Why-You-Talk-So-Much.g

• Funny 2

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,064 posts
5,836 battles
1 minute ago, Lord_Slayer said:

does that make LWM Sabrina the teenage witch?

When-Someone-Asks-Why-You-Talk-So-Much.g

yeah,sometimes he  travel to anime dimension and helps tennage girls fight against evil too. don't ask me why, wizards can be weird.

raw

• Funny 1

[REVY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,926 battles
Just now, Cruxdei said:

yeah,sometimes he  travel to anime dimension and helps tennage girls fight against evil too. don't ask me why, wizards can be weird.

raw

on a side note......

I met the Voice Actress of that cat from the 1990s English version of that show. Very wonderful Lady and yes, that really is her accent.

• Cool 1

[90THB]
Members
1,257 posts
9,905 battles
1 hour ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

So I saw my first Jean Bart!

Before the round began I did put in chat that I can't believe I sank my first Jean Bart, which may have been a bit premature. So anyhow as the round began I was attacked in my Asashio by a Yue Yang which caused me to send out a few wide spreads of torps at the enemy side. I managed to get one hit on the Jean Bart to which he begins to type in chat that I don't know how to use my torpedos so as I repositioned myself and I caught him coming around an island at about 6km and put 4 more deep water torps into the Jean Bart. You would have thought I fired salt torpedos! From then on I had him and a teammate who was also sunk and had plenty of time to watch me play continue to shed salty tears and tell me how I suck, I only can do well in an OP destroyer and how I hurt my team by hunting one ship...So then I sank the enemy Kurfurst and hit a couple others before my team won the round. I don't know what was better: Sinking my First Jean Bart or Mining a whole shipload of salt. Good Times in this game! 

jean_bart.jpg

I killed one this morning too. Notser was driving it (sorry Notser). We won.

Notser was quite a good sport, as usual.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,117 posts
4,527 battles
5 hours ago, Lert said:

I can 100% confirm that there is a CC testing Jean Bart that is absolutely toxic in chat. More than just toxic at the other team for going after him, but just dumping on people on our team. The sheer arrogance was disgusting and honestly he/she shouldn't be a CC at all if they can't even control themselves in chat. 

[BBICT]
Members
3,573 posts
3,720 battles
31 minutes ago, admiral_noone said:

I'm not interested in Jean Bart until her secondaries get buffed to 7.5 or 8 km.

Maybe the Alsace is more your speed? As for me, not interested....and I have most of the French ships. 

Salty CC? Say it isn't so.... 

Members
5,355 posts
3,205 battles

Seems kinda mediocre in her current state. Just an uptiered Richelieu with some better soft stats and the MB reload consumable. 

Members
5,355 posts
3,205 battles
52 minutes ago, admiral_noone said:

I'm not interested in Jean Bart until her secondaries get buffed to 7.5 or 8 km.

Why would you want Jean Bart's secondaries buffed, of all things? Her secondary firing angles are pretty bad.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,800 posts
18,210 battles
1 hour ago, admiral_noone said:

Doing so encroaches into Alsace's niche, which is Secondaries Power & Range.

After Alsace receiving a nerf to her main battery sigma and reload speed, that's a bit too much to go in favor of JB at this stage, IMO.  JB will also have superior sigma to her guns as well as Main Battery Reload Booster, on top of better AA.

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,117 posts
4,527 battles
1 hour ago, goldeagle1123 said:

Seems kinda mediocre in her current state. Just an uptiered Richelieu with some better soft stats and the MB reload consumable. 

good vid from notser, usually not a big fan of his, but this time he seemed pretty on the spot.

id like to see the reload booster played with a bit more. 2 of any consumable is a bit dry out of the box, but it is powerful. what im not a fan of is the ability for a battleship to just turn this on in order to be a flamethrower, after someone DC. Personally i think you would be ok to give it more charges in exchange for fire chance.

the secondaries should also be a bit more viable, just to allow the ship to allow for more variety.

TBH a secondary reload booster instead with a buff to the current secondaries would probably have a ton of people on board, and to say secondaries could make it OP is a stretch IMO.

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,117 posts
4,527 battles
59 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Doing so encroaches into Alsace's niche, which is Secondaries Power & Range.

After Alsace receiving a nerf to her main battery sigma and reload speed, that's a bit too much to go in favor of JB at this stage, IMO.  JB will also have superior sigma to her guns as well as Main Battery Reload Booster, on top of better AA.

with 4 less guns i think the reload speed and sigma are kind of off set.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

I'm proud to see that the OP is welcoming new botes to the game in the accepted manner! :Smile_great:

About a month ago I saw a Cossack in the wild while driving Helena and welcomed him aboard with two close range 15 gun salutes. :cap_rambo: