You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Happy668

Indianapolis needs some buff

33 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
2,628 posts

with only 9 guns, reload of 14.3 sec is just way too slow, should buff it close to NO 13 sec which is nothing to brag about to begin with

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,064 posts
5,836 battles
16 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

No free premiums are supposed to be garbage and a pile of free credits

too bad they didn't follow WoT footsteps like the e-25 giveaway

[ARGSY]
Members
10,903 posts
7,074 battles
17 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

No free premiums are supposed to be garbage and a pile of free credits

I've seen a Jingles vid in which someone takes out an Indy and gets ten kills with it. Sure, the Force was with him and the enemy team derped to their dooms, but it's the memorable games like those and the possibilities such games hold out which make a won premium worth having IMO, however awful it might be on paper.

[DES23]
Alpha Tester
1,207 posts
4,951 battles

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Indianapolis. This isn't a premium you buy for the lols, this is a ship for those who like to exercise skill and consideration in their attack. There is a learning curve and it isn't a ship you can derp around in without some strategy, but on the whole it is a good ship that does what it does well.

• Boring 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,064 posts
5,836 battles
Just now, KingCakeBaby said:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Indianapolis. This isn't a premium you buy for the lols, this is a ship for those who like to exercise skill and consideration in their attack. There is a learning curve and it isn't a ship you can derp around in without some strategy, but on the whole it is a good ship that does what it does well.

masochism is not excercising skill and consideration.

by the way your avatar creeps me out,nothing personal.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,903 posts
7,074 battles
8 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

this is a ship for those who like to exercise skill and consideration in their attack

...because doing anything else will get you killed.

9 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

There is a learning curve

...and it is treacherously steep. Along with the New Orleans and Pensacola (I can't speak for the others yet), she will show up all your mistakes with regard to US heavy cruiser play. I like that. I suck in this ship but I know it's not the ship that needs the buff, and I am the only one who can buff myself.

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
4,811 posts
2,726 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I am the only one who can buff myself.

I understand you can pay some one to do it for you.

Or so I heard.

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,903 posts
7,074 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I understand you can pay some one to do it for you.

Or so I heard.

Oh dear. This conversation degenerated quickly, didn't it? :Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF1]
Members
2,628 posts

when talking about ship balance, player skill or effort has nothing to do with it

it's about a ship's performance compares to others ships of its tier, given the same player

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
1,267 posts
8,926 battles

there is nothing wrong with the Indy.

The reload is balanced off it having a radar, which NO lacks.

For those who are experienced in the US Cruiser lines, Indy should be an easy ship to master.

For those who are not as experienced or have problems in the higher tiers of the cruiser line, they may have difficulty with the ship.

[O_O]
Members
803 posts
5,281 battles

Yeah, I actually feel like Indianapolis is in a much better spot these days than she had been in the past.  The recent (albeit modest) buffs made a pretty reasonable difference.

She's no overpowered wunderbote, but she's not any more difficult to play than any other Tier VII cruiser.  Now, have you met my friend Luigi di Savoia, Duca degli Abruzzi?

-R

Edited by Mister_Rawr
Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey. A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?

[-K-]
Members
6,292 posts
10,490 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I've seen a Jingles vid in which someone takes out an Indy and gets ten kills with it. Sure, the Force was with him and the enemy team derped to their dooms, but it's the memorable games like those and the possibilities such games hold out which make a won premium worth having IMO, however awful it might be on paper.

:cap_cool:

Indy is a decent ship, but won't set anybody's world on fire.  Sometimes you just gotta get a bit lucky, too.

• Funny 1

[O_O]
Members
803 posts
5,281 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Indy is a decent ship, but won't set anybody's world on fire.

My Massachusetts disagrees with this statement.  [Inappropriate Sriracha joke edited]

-R

[TDD]
Members
1,101 posts
8,812 battles

lol op should have played it before it's buff. Driving Indy in her original build was just a free present for the red team

[HINON]
Members
10,787 posts
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

...and it is treacherously steep. Along with the New Orleans and Pensacola (I can't speak for the others yet), she will show up all your mistakes with regard to US heavy cruiser play. I like that. I suck in this ship but I know it's not the ship that needs the buff, and I am the only one who can buff myself.

Like this?

4Uyntrz.jpg

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,903 posts
7,074 battles
27 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Indy is a decent ship, but won't set anybody's world on fire.  Sometimes you just gotta get a bit lucky, too.

True, and I did acknowledge that.

11 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Like this?

4Uyntrz.jpg

LOL something like that.

[DES23]
Alpha Tester
1,207 posts
4,951 battles
1 hour ago, Cruxdei said:

masochism is not excercising skill and consideration.

by the way your avatar creeps me out,nothing personal.

It is a blight upon the forums for a slight that shall never be forgotten. 

I might just be weird as I feel like I did well and really enjoy the Pensacola, NO, and Indy. Learning when to expose yourself and let the ap fly led to amazing results and carried into other ships. It is an awesome feeling running someone down and wrecking their citadel in a ship everyone tends to dismiss.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,777 posts
10,986 battles
44 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

This video also shows a good use of the highly situational channel dash.

Members
1,664 posts
14,274 battles

Thank goodness the Abruzzi was introduced to the game so that the Indianapolis is not stuck with the “worst premium “ tag  for tier 7 and the Indianapolis is pretty close to worst tier 7 cruiser, period.  Like any ship, can do well if left alone, but once people start shooting back, gets deleted quickly.  Mine sits in port, if I want to take out a tier 7 cruiser then take out one of the quality cruisers (Belfast, Fiji, Atlanta, Myoke and clones, Yorck  ).

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

I'm by no means a cruiser player but I ran her out of curiosity and found it performed well. The couple games I played, the guns were great, just have to be very mindful of your range. The 9.9km radar is a bit of a trap, considering I would probably want to play this ship at range, you really need to stay mobile and go dark between turns.