You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

T-61 Review - Buy This Ship Now!

41 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,597 posts
5,487 battles

Seriosuly though... tons of fun with its 60 second torp reload.  At Tier 6.  Much Lulz.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,064 posts
5,836 battles

i already spent my monthly share of virtual goods,can't get too greedy now.

bought nueve de julio already,maybe  september if prinz eittel don't come.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,657 posts
11,722 battles
14 minutes ago, Chief_STGC_SW said:

Where can it be purchased?  I don't see it in the premium store.

August 17 is when it will go on regular sale.

By opting in to a system and spending 25,000 doubloons it can be available on August 10.

• Cool 1

[TOG]
Members
3,453 posts
18,290 battles
13 minutes ago, Chief_STGC_SW said:

Where can it be purchased?  I don't see it in the premium store.

August 17th is going to be the normal premium shop opening. They have an offer right now where you purchase 25k doubloons for a what..48 hours right now and you can get her a week early. Free.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,914 posts
7,074 battles
8 minutes ago, mofton said:

By opting in to a system and spending 25,000 doubloons it can be available on August 10.

This is the thing that a lot of people seem to be misinterpreting. They come across as thinking it's the (early-release) price for the ship. It isn't. 

I should really take a look at how many doubloons a year of premium time costs in-game. I was going to treat myself to that at Christmas, but now MAY be a better time. IF I AM GOING TO SPEND THAT MONEY ANYWAY, might as well pick up a free ship. IF YOU WERE GOING TO SPEND THAT MONEY/DOUBLOONS ON OTHER STUFF ANYWAY, you will get the T-61 free.

(I might, however, just keep my money aside in the hope they offer something similar for Cossack, which I actually want far more than a premium ship in a destroyer line I've barely begun and a nation I don't play much.)

• Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,657 posts
11,722 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is the thing that a lot of people seem to be misinterpreting. They come across as thinking it's the (early-release) price for the ship. It isn't. 

I think my statement was correct, but it's a sticky thing.

In game you can buy 360 days of premium for 24,000 doubloons, which would be most of the 25,000 needed to get a free T-61.

I don't particularly think it's worth it as years of premium are frequently on sale and/or available in chunks from Christmas crates etc.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,914 posts
7,074 battles
4 minutes ago, mofton said:

I don't particularly think it's worth it

It could be a near-run thing - if the discount on the premium time vs. in-game is less than the cost of the ship, you win. If not, you lose... and whether you get premium time in Santa crates is in the hands of RNGesus (though I agree they are not expensive, and it's probably easy to accumulate premium time in them without even getting near what it would cost you to buy that time).

It all comes down to the priorities and resources of the individual buyer. Like I said, I'll mull it over but I'm more probably holding out in case they offer something similar for Cossack.

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
26 minutes ago, mofton said:

I think my statement was correct, but it's a sticky thing.

In game you can buy 360 days of premium for 24,000 doubloons, which would be most of the 25,000 needed to get a free T-61.

I don't particularly think it's worth it as years of premium are frequently on sale and/or available in chunks from Christmas crates etc.

I thought about it and went for a year premium, anyway. Last year there were no deep discounts on Premium like there were the year prior when it went up at 1/2 price. The last 360 premium sale was full price, but you got some flags. 

Personally, I'd rather a ship.

[AWP]
Members
785 posts
3,318 battles
6 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

I will be interested to see how it plays out. 7km max conceal w/ 8km torps, it sounds like meh, but we will see.

You read it wrong. 7km is bass concealment. With camo and CE, it goes to 6.13km. 

[AWP]
Members
785 posts
3,318 battles
2 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

August 17th is going to be the normal premium shop opening. They have an offer right now where you purchase 25k doubloons for a what..48 hours right now and you can get her a week early. Free.

It isn’t “buy 25k doubloons” it is “spend 25k doubloons” that means if you’re sitting with any amount, it applies as long as you use them. I had like 20k doubloons from the steam deals I had been planning to buy a ship and premium with so I just bought 5k more and hit the 25k doubloons without having to buy 25k.

[TOG]
Members
3,453 posts
18,290 battles
3 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

It isn’t “buy 25k doubloons” it is “spend 25k doubloons” that means if you’re sitting with any amount, it applies as long as you use them. I had like 20k doubloons from the steam deals I had been planning to buy a ship and premium with so I just bought 5k more and hit the 25k doubloons without having to buy 25k.

As long as you spend 25k doubloons now, it does not matter how much you have sitting in your account before.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,914 posts
7,074 battles
11 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

7km is bass concealment.

Now tell us about the mid-range and treble. :Smile_hiding::Smile_bajan2:

• Funny 1

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
1 minute ago, pinkship9001 said:

All these people willing to blow $100 worth of dubloons to get a "free" tier 6 destroyer... smh

I guess so. I mean I "blew" the gold on premium time that I would have eventually run anyway.

Seems a bit like there is a touch of sour grapes going on.

I mean usually it takes more than 6 battles for someone to get that salty....

• Cool 3

[90THB]
Members
1,257 posts
9,905 battles
27 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

You read it wrong. 7km is bass concealment. With camo and CE, it goes to 6.13km. 

Wow. That's a 14.8 cello concealment.

• Funny 4

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,912 posts
4,186 battles
3 minutes ago, Pytheas said:

Wow. That's a 14.8 cello concealment.

Lol i stared at this comment for quite some time before i got it :P 

Members
414 posts
22 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

I guess so. I mean I "blew" the gold on premium time that I would have eventually run anyway.

Seems a bit like there is a touch of sour grapes going on.

I mean usually it takes more than 6 battles for someone to get that salty....

Year of premium usually goes on sale for $50-$75

I just don't get why people have such little self control that they'll spend that much to get a $23 ship 7 days early.

Members
1,246 posts
6,780 battles
8 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

I just don't get why people have such little self control that they'll spend that much to get a $23 ship 7 days early.

A year of premium for $50? I've been around for several years and don't ever recall a year of premium for $50. 

[LHG]
Members
1,525 posts
6,109 battles

Pretty sure this is mostly meant for 2 groups of people:

- Whales who will throw down the money to buy a questionably OP ship as soon as they can

- Players who have accumulated 25k doubloons (or almost as much and only need a slight push)  through various means, meaning WG wants to get those doubloons out of circulation

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
289 posts
5,685 battles
50 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

Premium time sale wasn't that cheap last year.  

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
914 posts
5,530 battles
50 minutes ago, Cuesta_Rey said:

A year of premium for $50? I've been around for several years and don't ever recall a year of premium for $50. 

It was the Black Friday sale from a year and a half ago. Many triple dipped by buying it for all 3 of Wargaming games.

• Cool 1