You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Col_Calibre

The Server for 0.7.8 Public Test

6 comments in this topic

[GONE]
Members
69 posts
8,241 battles

I am not sure if I'm doing something wrong or is it the upgrade in the different server  we are now using for v0.7.8

Just after I finished the download, I checked the instructions, did what I was told to do and launched the new version from the new

icon.  Signed in as instructed, waited a few seconds and the menu came up saying "Error Connecting with The Server. Try Again Later".

I did that several times to no avail.  That was yesterday. Now it's 10am EST USA and it still won't get passed that server. I never had a problem with the last two

versions and don't understand why 0.7.8 will not load.

Any ideas ??

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

The first round ended at 11:30 ET yesterday.  There may be a second round announced, but until it is the PTS will be unaccessible.

[GONE]
Members
69 posts
8,241 battles

Thanks Master Chief. And BTW, by the time the game downloaded, it was already near 6pm EST and too late for gaming.

I saw the time spread but had forgotten I was too late. I'm not sure it was posted that this will be initiated in sessions

and the server will be in-active between them. No access. I understand now with your explanation.

Also, I never got the news that this version will be available for a special time frame. A friend in Texas sent me the link

but I was too late to enter.  How can I get on the list of announcements ??

Edited by Col_Calibre

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles
1 hour ago, Col_Calibre said:

Thanks Master Chief. And BTW, by the time the game downloaded, it was already near 6pm EST and too late for gaming.

I saw the time spread but had forgotten I was too late. I'm not sure it was posted that this will be initiated in sessions

and the server will be in-active between them. No access. I understand now with your explanation.

Also, I never got the news that this version will be available for a special time frame. A friend in Texas sent me the link

but I was too late to enter.  How can I get on the list of announcements ??

Every Public test session has 2 announcements that go up on the webpage.  The first is talking about what is coming and is generally called Developer Bulletin (version number).  The second is the one with specifics on up time and rewards for participation and is called Public Test (version number) Round (1 or 2).  

There are three ways to find them.  The first is to go to the official site.  The best time to do this would be 1-2 weeks after the most recent patch.  If you have the Wargaming.net Game Center installed, the new articles show up on the right of the game center before launching the game:

WGC WoWs page.png

And finally you can find the news in-game by clicking on your name in the top left and selecting News on the drop down menu.  BTW Master Chief is just my forum "rank" because I've posted a certain number of posts.

Edited by mrh308

[GONE]
Members
69 posts
8,241 battles

Okay MRH, I gotcha !  Rank is good. I'm a Colonel from the WOT and after a while I kept  getting blown away so, I quit.

I'll start looking a bit closer after today. thanks.