149 comments in this topic

[HYDRO]
Members
3,006 posts
4,609 battles

giphy.gif

Oh boy, let's hope we don't get a flood of those. Nice work as always, though I would like to point out Concealment wise that iirc Nicholas can reach a detection of 5.8km, giving her also a small stealth advantage over the T-61

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,828 posts
7,053 battles
21 minutes ago, jbc98k said:

Not over powered or worth $100

It's not worth $100; it's free and early if you want to spend $100 on other stuff.

T6 premiums are normally about $30CDN; I'll call this one at $45CDN bare-bones, with package deals rising to somewhere around $70CDN including flags, doubloons and a 10 point captain.

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
10,050 posts
8,425 battles

Keep in mind, the 25,000 doubloon-spent is an early-access promotion.  She's going on regular sale on August 17th.

• Cool 2

[AWP]
Members
785 posts
3,318 battles
28 minutes ago, jbc98k said:

Not over powered or worth $100

Not overpowered, but the ship doesn’t cost $100....

[NGA]
Members
1,758 posts
9,368 battles

And that ladies and gentlemen is why I waited for T-61. No real flaws, standing in the middle rankings even at her worst, and being a DPM monster. Plus, she's a great trainer for the more standard German DD captains that don't use the 150mm guns.

[SPTR]
Members
20,147 posts
6,044 battles

ZOMG, BLOOD!

*DEMONITIZE- wait, you aren’t a Youtuber.*

Very nice review, Gaede really seems meh compared to her.

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

If I can get my ticket straightened out after I derped and spent 25k gold 2 hours before 8pm (but after opting in to participate), I'll have both the 39 and the 61. 

Nice to see this ship coming to light.

[INTEL]
Members
1,513 posts
10,481 battles

@LittleWhiteMouse

I've been waiting with all of the others and I'm going to buy this boat.  Having said that, I also have the Z-39 and I bought her as a stop-gap while waiting on the T-61.  I really like the Z-39 and in several ways the Z-39 is very similar to the T-61.  Do you think they are all that similar in play-style and how they compare to their competition tier-for-tier?  Based on your review, I think they are fairly close.  If so, the T-61 will be a good fit for me.  I'll find out soon but your opinion is appreciated.

[TOG]
Members
3,453 posts
18,282 battles

So, LHM a good review. A few questions though:

1.  What mod1's do you recommend?

2.  How well does she perform uptiered?  

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
10,050 posts
8,425 battles
1 minute ago, Bill_Halsey said:

So, LHM a good review. A few questions though:

1.  What mod1's do you recommend?

2.  How well does she perform uptiered?  

1. I cover that in the review, silly, under "Options".
  2. Very well so long as you keep in mind she gets outspotted by everything bigger than her when facing tier 8s.  But then she can just go full torpedo-boat mode and it doesn't matter.
  • Cool 1

[ARC]
Members
572 posts
7,980 battles

Finally, she is here. Despite all of the hype for her being an overpowered ship, it is probably not acknowledged by WG because her superiority is through "balanced" stats, in the same way as Cesare and K. Albert. Probably just giving her worse reload, or just stripping off the Hydro (or both) would have been enough to balance her.

Well, now that this is the final version, will just buy her then. Would like to get another OP ship like Kamikaze and Cesare xD.

[TOG]
Members
3,453 posts
18,282 battles
8 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:
  1. I cover that in the review, silly, under "Options".
  2. Very well so long as you keep in mind she gets outspotted by everything bigger than her when facing tier 8s.  But then she can just go full torpedo-boat mode and it doesn't matter.

Okay, saw it under upgrades. Hydro mod, it is then.

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

One thing. The camo bonuses differ in the announcement versus the review. There it says 200% to XP. Which is correct?

Beta Testers
298 posts

Thanks for the review.    They're always the measure of quality.   Hope you are enjoying the great outdoors.

On the Durability part of the review.  For HP the T-61 is 3rd from the top and right at the top of the second tier.  Yet you give it a Fair rating.   Is that because it's being measured against the durability of all tier VI ships of all types not just DDs?

• Cool 2

[POP]
Members
1,548 posts
17,395 battles
6 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

One thing. The camo bonuses differ in the announcement versus the review. There it says 200% to XP. Which is correct?

Hi

I think that's for early buyers once she goes fully live I think she may just have a different Camo maybe ? 

[POP]
Members
1,548 posts
17,395 battles

Thank you LWM been waiting so long the 17th cant come soon enough plus 1 

[HINON]
Supertester
20,726 posts
14,156 battles
10 minutes ago, PepperMill said:

On the Durability part of the review.  For HP the T-61 is 3rd from the top and right at the top of the second tier.  Yet you give it a Fair rating.   Is that because it's being measured against the durability of all tier VI ships of all types not just DDs?

She only measures against the same tier and type, so T6 DD in this case. And in T-61s case, she's barely ahead of the next group of ships, while the two ships above her are a large chunk of health ahead.

• Cool 1