Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
hexeris

BB AP

24 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
514 posts
10,778 battles

Has something changed with how it works lately? I've noticed in my cruisers that no matter how I angle I seem to eat citadels all the time, even in my Hindy. Very frustrating.

Community Department
2,598 posts
771 battles
1 hour ago, hexeris said:

Has something changed with how it works lately? I've noticed in my cruisers that no matter how I angle I seem to eat citadels all the time, even in my Hindy. Very frustrating.

No changes were implemented. We always do announcements before any of them.

[NGAGE]
Members
3,261 posts
8,187 battles
3 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Well, sort of.

The last change (the water change) wasn't announced.

Community Department
2,598 posts
771 battles
8 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Well, sort of.

Please write some details, from time to time not all small changes are described in patch notes. Some of them even almost no one could notice. But it's not about changing game mechanics of course.

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,453 posts
6,653 battles
1 hour ago, enderland07 said:

Well, sort of.

But that was a bug.

[HUNGS]
Members
1,663 posts
3,603 battles
12 minutes ago, yashma said:

But that was a bug.

As a BB main I liked that bug, allot a players did it seemed

[VOP]
Members
355 posts
7,940 battles
3 hours ago, hexeris said:

Hmm, the cruisers I shoot at seem to get overpens all the time, lol.  But the cruisers I drive get creamed. 

[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles
5 hours ago, hexeris said:

Depends on who is shooting at you, the range, and hw you are positioned. Like my Yamato for example is really good at citadeling ships, but I do have to be mindful of my own weaknesses. The pros and cons of that ship suit me well. Lol in Clan battles have been charged by cruisers a few times and then they go broadside in an attempt to shoot at me with all their guns and that is when it is really easy to get citadel hits in, but still no garrentee of it happening even if my 18.1’ AP shells hit a cruiser in optimal way for hitting a citadel. Now I might get lucky and get decent number of full pen damage hits that can deceive you into thinking that I hit your citadel.

But as for changes no changes have been made, just people getting more experienced in shooting. And if anything your Citadels might be more protected than originally since Wargaming has lowered Citadels on ships over time.

[NGAGE]
Members
3,261 posts
8,187 battles
1 hour ago, yashma said:

But that was a bug.

I mean... it's an example of "something changing" that affects the OP's example and one which wasn't announced.

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,453 posts
6,653 battles
2 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

As a BB main I liked that bug, allot a players did it seemed

Oh I did too.....it was some of the most fun I've had in this game.

1 hour ago, enderland07 said:

I mean... it's an example of "something changing" that affects the OP's example and one which wasn't announced.

Yah, but it couldn't have been announced as it was an unintended bug.  Well actually....it was sort of announced.  WG mentioned something in the patch notes about how they were changing the way shells interacted with the environment and it was pretty clear the in game changes had something to do with that.  It just took a little while longer before we figured out it was a bug.   

[AP]
Members
1,231 posts
13,236 battles
2 hours ago, enderland07 said:

dood, no game company gonna announce bugs, unless it's in the "known bugs" section

plus they know it only after players report it

[AP]
Members
1,231 posts
13,236 battles
11 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

The repub does that to hindys, what other ships are you talking about shooting you?

potentially also yamato?

[AK-47]
Members
210 posts
4,286 battles

I do eats citadels a lot in Russian CAs. I only grind some of the IJN and Russian CAs, but I do feel IJN CAs doesn't eat that much citadel hits compare to the Russian CAs, I feel it is mostly due the the citadel size and location.

When I play Russian CA, the BB can citadel me even I angled my ship properly.

Edited by Tom_Lin

Beta Testers
514 posts
10,778 battles
4 hours ago, Kevs02Accord said:

The repub does that to hindys, what other ships are you talking about shooting you?

Monty's and Iowa's too lately. I know Repubs' hurt :)

[OO7]
Members
4,478 posts
11,039 battles
5 hours ago, jason199506 said:

dood, no game company gonna announce bugs, unless it's in the "known bugs" section

plus they know it only after players report it

He's just pointing out that turbo is brushing off the op  because nothing changed and that he should know that because nothing was announced when in the past something did change despite there being no announcement, bug or not, turbo just brushed the op off like there was no way it could be different when in fact that hasn't been the case in the past. 

[1IF]
Members
101 posts
3,428 battles

I just managed to get 6 citadels in my last match in the Monarch, known for her incredible AP shells and AP pen (oh wait...NO).  Three of them were on a broadsiding Yamato at really close range (thanks for not looking at me).  Even the Monarch's AP can lolpen the Yamato cheek.  The other 3 were on a Neptune.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
9 hours ago, Airjellyfish said:

Hmm, the cruisers I shoot at seem to get overpens all the time, lol.  But the cruisers I drive get creamed. 

Hell, that's the way it is with me too! It seems like when I shoot AP at another Cruiser, 3 hits out of 4 are overpens. But when I get hit by AP from another Cruiser, 3 hits out of 4 are cits. Go figure...  :Smile-_tongue:

Beta Testers
1,488 posts
14 hours ago, turbo07 said:

Lol... yeah right. Changes to overt stats you mean.. the stats we can't see get changed all the time. 

Like Yamato dispersion changing when Musashi was put in and steadily growing worse. That legendary upgrade apparently is made to bring the ship to what it used to be. XD

Community Department
2,598 posts
771 battles
9 hours ago, Skyfaller said:

Lol... yeah right. Changes to overt stats you mean.. the stats we can't see get changed all the time. 

Like Yamato dispersion changing when Musashi was put in and steadily growing worse. That legendary upgrade apparently is made to bring the ship to what it used to be. XD

It is a counterproductive approach to change something specifically unnoticed. 
By the way, just yesterday my Edinburgh was destroyed with one single salvo from far-away Yamato.

Beta Testers
1,488 posts

So? That just means RNG made the dispersion-nerfed shells tickle those citadels.

The night before Musashi came out and for the year+ I had Yamato prior to that the Yamato could put a VERY tight grouping of shells on target, in the area you aimed of that target, out to 30km with barely a shell or two straying away too far. 

The very next day after Musashi was in, the Yamato shells suddenly spread out like a freaking NC pre-fix did at any range with hardly 2 or 3 shells landing in the area you aimed at.

Last night I had a Montana at 7km distance, flat broadside, sitting still in the water... aimed at waterline middle of ship...and watched all 9 shells spread themselves out so wide a few shells went past the nose and into the water , most hit the bow and aft and only 1 shell hit the center of the ship.

You can even pull videos of Yamato play from before Musashi and see how the shells land in a tight spread and compare them to now.

But hey, what a coincidence... ninja nerf the horizontal dispersion and soon after offer 'legendary upgrades' that rein that dispersion back in to what it used to be. Right? Right?

Sign in to follow this