You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Why play the Conqueror?

12 comments in this topic

[DRNX]
Members
337 posts
7,033 battles

I've only played her for around 9 battles and already have a witherer and a arsonist medal. I'm mainly playing her to have a reliable means to get things like dreadnought and firefroof as well. Does anyone else find that playing the Conq helps with getting these signals that are really expensive in the arsenal store? i'm actually finding her to be more fun to play then I thought second only to the nelson. TIA

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
19,699 posts
18,076 battles

I like her because she's really an oversized Cruiser.  Right down to target and shell selection, and doesn't want to get too close :Smile_teethhappy:

I also have a Div Mate that likes CVs.  He's making his way to Midway, having just gotten Essex.  So Conqueror + CV Duo is a nice thing for the future.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[-BRS-]
Members
415 posts
12,678 battles

lol

I had a good game in The ship last night. I earned witherer,fireproof, high caliber and confederate.  The ship will print signals. 

I really like the AP on this boat

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,839 posts
21,312 battles

Reason to play? Laughing maniacally when you cit a cruiser with HE and set him on fire at the same time.

• Cool 1

[--V--]
Members
793 posts
11,556 battles

I love this ship.  So easy to play, not much skill required.  And the 'try hards' in any match get so angry for being set on fire over and over.  Its a constant stream of insults, vulgarities and name calling throughout many matches.

In the last match I played in her, one of these mental giants screamed in chat about how horrible I was, that the only T10 I could play was the Conquerer and that I only averaged around 100k damage in her.  Seriously,,, this moron took time out from a match to look up my stats.   ROFL 

Update: LOL - A thumbs down from a 'try hard' I guess.  LOL

Edited by SeaborneSumo
  • Cool 1

Members
462 posts
9,054 battles
6 hours ago, Gary_P said:

lol

I had a good game in The ship last night. I earned witherer,fireproof, high caliber and confederate.  The ship will print signals. 

I really like the AP on this boat

Conqueror AP is amazing and should be used in appropriate situations

Members
24 posts
8 battles
8 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

I've only played her for around 9 battles and already have a witherer and a arsonist medal. I'm mainly playing her to have a reliable means to get things like dreadnought and firefroof as well. Does anyone else find that playing the Conq helps with getting these signals that are really expensive in the arsenal store? i'm actually finding her to be more fun to play then I thought second only to the nelson. TIA

I love Conqy-Dong :)  It's one of my favorite ships.  You have to play her just right to keep her underneath you, and you have to accept the fact you will be a focus magnet.  You have to use her invisibility properly to stay alive.

She is NOT a brawler.  She's not a really a long-range sniper.  I prefer to play her at around 18-20k.  I'll go out to 22-23k if I keep getting uber-focused.  It depends on the match.

She's not much for capping but if I land in a match with a bakers dozen of non-cappers (heaven help me that seems to be the norm lately), then hey.  Someone has to try :)

I'm very close to getting her Uber-Upgrade.

Edited by Chief_STGC_SW

[SIDE]
Members
2,204 posts
On 8/7/2018 at 7:36 AM, SeaborneSumo said:

I love this ship.  So easy to play, not much skill required.  And the 'try hards' in any match get so angry for being set on fire over and over.  Its a constant stream of insults, vulgarities and name calling throughout many matches.

In the last match I played in her, one of these mental giants screamed in chat about how horrible I was, that the only T10 I could play was the Conquerer and that I only averaged around 100k damage in her.  Seriously,,, this moron took time out from a match to look up my stats.   ROFL 

Update: LOL - A thumbs down from a 'try hard' I guess.  LOL

As a fellow conquered admirer I bequeath unto you a thumbs up! Balance, lol.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
370 posts
202 battles
On 8/7/2018 at 1:53 AM, crazyferret23777 said:

I play her 2-3 times a day just to farm whitherer flags and that's it.

[KP]
Members
370 posts
202 battles
On 8/7/2018 at 4:32 AM, Erebthoron said:

Reason to play? Laughing maniacally when you cit a cruiser with HE and set him on fire at the same time.

And break an engine and all there torpedo tubes:)

Edited by IronMike11C4O