You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RadDisconnect

T-61 looks broken and overpowered?

16 comments in this topic

[KWA]
Members
305 posts
5,173 battles

I'm looking at stats of T-61 and the ship looks way too strong right now. It's better than Gaede in every way. It's also got same concealment as Fubuki. For some reason the torp reload is faster than Gaede too. I want it because it looks cool but how is this ship balanced?

[ARGSY]
Members
10,722 posts
7,023 battles
21 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

And the Kamikaze is totally balanced right...

Why do you think she's not for sale any more? :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
2,290 posts
6,837 battles

So now it's announced it will be here SOONTM but no LWM review?

I expect we'll see the usual in depth review in the next few days. 

[HRVAT]
[HRVAT]
Members
533 posts
6,861 battles

Well I will be sure to play my Belfast and Atlanta more this next 3 days. Time to om nom nom some DD's :D

giphy.gif

[SF-A]
Members
3,017 posts
6,397 battles

Not balanced. This will just become another OP ship they 'pull' in a few months. Once everyone's gotten the chance to spend their money of course... Whatever, it's predictable by now.

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,422 posts
6,081 battles

She's interesting, but Shinonome is similar, and Hatsuharu is stealthier and faster, so it's not totally overpowered when compared to other DDs in its Tier.  Powerful?  Yes, but slow and probably won't spot much before she's spotted in turn.  She also has the capability of facing radar ships, which she'll have to enter possible Radar range to fight. 

All in all, a boat that should do well, but I think not that OP that she can't be met and engaged effectively.

My two cents.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
1 hour ago, Jakob_Knight said:

She's interesting, but Shinonome is similar, and Hatsuharu is stealthier and faster, so it's not totally overpowered when compared to other DDs in its Tier.  Powerful?  Yes, but slow and probably won't spot much before she's spotted in turn.  She also has the capability of facing radar ships, which she'll have to enter possible Radar range to fight. 

All in all, a boat that should do well, but I think not that OP that she can't be met and engaged effectively.

My two cents.

Exactly. It's still a DD as well, and mistakes will be punished accordingly. 6 also sees plenty of T8 matchups, and it's not at all odd now to have mid tier DD with performance aspects of higher tiered DD just to allow them to compete with where the game has progressed.

Notice DD health pools slowly creeping up too? 

[HINON]
Members
10,772 posts
2 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

So now it's announced it will be here SOONTM but no LWM review?

I expect we'll see the usual in depth review in the next few days. 

Lwm said the review embargo hasn't been lifted yet but when it does she is ready to drop the review.

Edit: the review dropped right after I posted this. 

Edited by RipNuN2

[NGA]
Members
1,744 posts
9,318 battles

Mouse posted her review. She rates it as OVERPOWERED, but only just. She basically stands in roughly the middle rankings except in terms of armament where she has some of the best torps in the game tier-for-tier and massive DPM on her guns. She has her drawbacks and Mouse says that you need to know what you are doing in order to really make an impact. She's overpowered like Gremy and Belfast, not Nikolai and Kami.

Members
141 posts

and don't forget the horrible turret traverse.

this ship cries out for a captain with expert marksman

for me, she is a must buy. German DDs have basically become my main line and mid tier is where i like to play. She will have a spot next to my z-39 and my haida.

Edited by KaLeuWillenbrock

[BS]
Members
1,432 posts
7,789 battles

you don't compare a premium ship to it's counterpart on the tech tree, you compare it to the tier as a whole... 

I'd take a torpedo focused Hatsuharu honestly, better concealment, way better manuverability, faster, harder hitting torps.

The T61 is a jack of all trades, but a master of none...except for the hydro gimmick. if it didn't have hydro it'd be mediocre. The hydro is what makes it slightly OP. But who cares, so what if it's marginally the best T6 DD... It's not like the barndoors are being blown off.

how much you wanna bet people are gunna get killed by a T-61, vaguely remember hearing it was OP and then come here to complain.

Edited by HorrorRoach