You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

German DD T61 vs Z39

15 comments in this topic

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

Why wouldn't it be wise to have both? One's tier 6 and one's tier 7.

[FLS]
Alpha Tester
676 posts
3,120 battles

Tier 6 ops and tier 7 ops. Nuff said. Having said that, T-61 is probably more versatile and representative of how the line plays as a whole. Z23 and especially Z39 are outliers.

--Helms

[SPTR]
Members
3,589 posts
6,518 battles

Z39 looks more bad [edited]personally :Smile_playing:
Besides, being a tier 6 almost guarantees being at the bottom of the team list every time.

[PVE]
Members
14,980 posts
9,575 battles
51 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

Why wouldn't it be wise to have both? One's tier 6 and one's tier 7.

I'm going for both. I have Z-39 already, because the T-61 Sune DD was looking to be a long time coming. I'm glad it will be out only 9 months after it was planned to be released. :)

• Cool 1

Members
141 posts
45 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I'm going for both. I have Z-39 already, because the T-61 Sune DD was looking to be a long time coming. I'm glad it will be out only 9 months after it was planned to be released. :)

Same for me. however - i am not spending doubloons to get her earlier.

[PVE]
Members
14,980 posts
9,575 battles
5 minutes ago, KaLeuWillenbrock said:

Same for me. however - i am not spending doubloons to get her earlier.

I have things I could spend 25k doubloons on, Ashitaka, Roma, Abruzzi for example, but the spare cash for 25k doubloons is not there. I will have to hope for those three in a SC or Santa crate if those are done this Christmas.

Members
141 posts

the doubloons only give you the ship earlier. 

its like the opposite of an "early bird ticket" for festivals. Spend 25k doubloons to get the ship obe weak early is a tip off imvho.

she will be in store on Friday - i guess she will cost 22€ in EU.

[PVE]
Members
14,980 posts
9,575 battles
7 minutes ago, KaLeuWillenbrock said:

the doubloons only give you the ship earlier. 

its like the opposite of an "early bird ticket" for festivals. Spend 25k doubloons to get the ship obe weak early is a tip off imvho.

she will be in store on Friday - i guess she will cost 22€ in EU.

Oh yeah. IF I had the cash for 25k doubloons, I could spend it on those three ships I want and get the T-61 Sune. But I will just wait until Aug 17th to get the T-61. I figure around $23-25 US and I have that waiting for the T-61 already.

Members
141 posts
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Oh yeah. IF I had the cash for 25k doubloons, I could spend it on those three ships I want and get the T-61 Sune. But I will just wait until Aug 17th to get the T-61. I figure around $23-25 US and I have that waiting for the T-61 already.

Yeah. Another week is not going to hurt. 

i am already taking a few weeks off before i burn out. The t-61 will be my wake up call.

25k doubloons. laughable.

[BUOY]
Members
849 posts
3 hours ago, KaLeuWillenbrock said:

i am already taking a few weeks off before i burn out. The t-61 will be my wake up call.

Honestly I needed Prem time, had 7 days left. Had 21k doubloons, bought a few. Profit.

This is just a bonus for some nothing more nothing less.

• Cool 1

[USCG]
Members
369 posts
14,607 battles

Have the Z-39 which is solid. Was able to use her to ramp up my Z-23 captain to 19 points. Will buy the T-61 and use her & the 39 to quickly build up my Z-52 captain. I’ve really learned the power of the 19-point captain and what you can do with all that elite captain XP. 

Members
141 posts
2 minutes ago, cgbosn4 said:

Have the Z-39 which is solid. Was able to use her to ramp up my Z-23 captain to 19 points. Will buy the T-61 and use her & the 39 to quickly build up my Z-52 captain. I’ve really learned the power of the 19-point captain and what you can do with all that elite captain XP. 

for me, its the opposite.

the t-61 is perfect for my z-52 captain. :cap_haloween:

on the other hand … my maass Captain could need a few training sessions as well. He is only 15.

[HINON]
Members
10,767 posts
4 hours ago, KaLeuWillenbrock said:

True but you aren't the intended target of the offer. Wg wants to whittle down the hordes of doubloons some players have stockpiled from sales.

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

True but you aren't the intended target of the offer. Wg wants to whittle down the hordes of doubloons some players have stockpiled from sales.

I had almost the 25k necessary floating around on my account. Most of it had been kicking around since the first Santa Crate event through duplicate ships, I just didn't spend it much is all.