You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fast_Battleship_Iowa

Some Jean Bart screenshots

21 comments in this topic

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,484 posts
5,762 battles

Jean Bart, tier IX French battleship sporting a 1950s anti air defenses. The last battleship on the planet to be completed, in 1955 (she was first laid down in 1939). She's of the Richelieu-class, sporting the same primary armaments and major design.

However, Jean Bart has an impressive AA of 

• 28 × 57 mm (2.2 in)/60 Modèle 1951 in 14 twin turrets; base range of 4.5km and a combined total DPS of 420.
  • 24 × 100 mm (3.9 in)/55 Modèle 1945 in 12 twin turrets; base range of 5.01km and combined total DPS of 177.6.
  • 9 × 155 mm (6.1 in)/55 guns Modèle 1936 in 3 triple turrets; base range of 5.01km and combined total DPS of 41.5.

Which brings her base AA DPS up to 639.1. By comparison, the strongest tier IX AA currently is Iowa with 648 DPS. Of course, planes have to get much closer to Iowa for that full DPS to be brought to bear. With a maximum AA range build, planes have to be 2.88 km away from Iowa in order to receive that 648 DPS. Jean can reach out and touch planes with 639.1 DPS 6.48 km away.

On the matter of secondaries, she has an identical secondary loadout to the Alsace at tier IX. Correction: she has the same secondaries, but their range on the Jean Bart seems to be significantly lower.

Spoiler

STnGckR.jpg

Spoiler

0dfdx3z.jpg

Spoiler

byzvOqC.jpg

Spoiler

Qd4pnOD.jpg

Spoiler

unDSqup.jpg

Spoiler

23AmcS8.jpg

Spoiler

pTSdKcR.jpg

Bw8arO5.png

Edited by Cruiser_StLouis
  • Cool 6

[MIA-I]
Privateers
1,250 posts
12,335 battles

I have a screenshot concerning the Jean Bart, well-driven by the excellent and capable commander, A_steaming_pile_of_ship, and burned to the waterline from behind an island by the treacherous yours truly in a Nelson. :)

Screenshot (111).png

Edited by LancerUlysses

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,484 posts
5,762 battles
38 minutes ago, BlailBlerg said:

What did she do after completion?

Sailed around mostly. She did participate in the Suez Crisis.

[RKLES]
Members
8,959 posts
10,828 battles
1 hour ago, BlailBlerg said:

What did she do after completion?

After she was finally completed she was a little late to the party of being a BB since that was when most were no longer being used.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,699 posts
18,076 battles

WG's initial Devblog entry for her, as a Tier VIII BB.

WG's later changes to JB, namely going from Tier VIII->IX, among other things.

She will not replace Alsace as a Secondaries Boat.  The base range of her Secondaries is 5km while Alsace's is 7.5km.  That's a very big margin.  5km stock Secondaries range will be buffed to 7.2km in an actual Secondaries Build.  That's the same stock range as Alabama, North Carolina, Amagi, etc.

The AA on this thing should be lethal a.f. with an actual AA Build.  Keep in mind, as a Non-USN BB in Tier IX, by adopting AAGM2 that means skipping out on ASM1 to help with Main Battery dispersion.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,375 posts
3,052 battles
6 hours ago, Baskerville77 said:

Anybody know if we'll see her in 7.8? I got my free EXP all ready for her.

I think that is a sore subject... she was supposed to come this update I think, but even super testers haven't gotten their hands on her yet. Saw a video a week or so ago with notser (maybe) ranting

Then again, lancer apparently saw one, so idk

Personally I will be getting one, and I'm very excited for the main battery reload and a tier 9 richlieu :)

[CVA16]
Members
3,220 posts
11,229 battles
11 hours ago, Cruiser_StLouis said:

Jean can reach out and touch planes with 639.1 DPS 6.48 km away.

Trying to figure out how the ship gets all its DPS out to 6.48 km? I assume you are counting mods, captain skills and flags but the base ranges given are 4.5km for the lions share of the AA and 5.01 km for the rest.

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,484 posts
5,762 battles
51 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Trying to figure out how the ship gets all its DPS out to 6.48 km? I assume you are counting mods, captain skills and flags but the base ranges given are 4.5km for the lions share of the AA and 5.01 km for the rest.

12 hours ago, Cruiser_StLouis said:

With a maximum AA range build, planes have to be 2.88 km away from Iowa in order to receive that 648 DPS. Jean can reach out and touch planes with 639.1 DPS 6.48 km away.

[SVF]
Members
1,161 posts
1,597 battles
21 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The AA on this thing should be lethal a.f. with an actual AA Build. 

It will be:

~589 DPS out to 6.48 km for the 57mm aura.

~334 DPS out to 7.2 km for the combined 100mm and 152mm auras.

Total DPS inside of 6.48 km: ~923.  This is not including Manual AA for the higher caliber mounts (add another 334 DPS if this skill is taken).

[WOLF3]
Members
19,699 posts
18,076 battles
On 8/8/2018 at 9:50 AM, Ranari said:

Too bad there are no carriers at the top end to use it against.

Yet their presence when they do show up is very pronounced.

All those people that discarded the notion of AA Builds then suddenly find themselves in a CV match have 2 courses of action.

1.  Get nuked from the air.

2.  Whine about CVs in the forums afterwards, despite totally ignoring AA in their own playstyle, builds.

Both tend to go hand in hand :Smile_teethhappy:

Tier IX-X CVs are some of the least played ships in the game.  Yet complaints about them are so pronounced, the way people whine about them you'd think Essex, Taiho, Midway, Hakuryu are nuking these same guys game in, game out, as well as invading their dreams while they sleep, and nuking them there also.

People think AA is worthless until that CV comes to push their sh*t in.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[LRM]
Supertester
550 posts
5,813 battles
On 8/6/2018 at 11:42 PM, LancerUlysses said:

I have a screenshot concerning the Jean Bart, well-driven by the excellent and capable commander, A_steaming_pile_of_ship, and burned to the waterline from behind an island by the treacherous yours truly in a Nelson. :)

Screenshot (111).png

I think I was in that same match against Ship, or I played against him last night. He did not think I was funny in my Yorck trying to HE blast him.

[MIA-I]
Privateers
1,250 posts
12,335 battles
1 hour ago, DonKarnage2 said:

I think I was in that same match against Ship, or I played against him last night. He did not think I was funny in my Yorck trying to HE blast him.

Well, that's the life of a tester. 

[TACG]
Alpha Tester
479 posts
3,793 battles

I thought it was going live with the 7.10

On 10/2/2018 at 8:28 PM, CMD_Flid said:

Release date? Someone known?

[TFP]
Members
731 posts
21,446 battles

the jean bart is a big can, and very weak to be tier 9, it's a richelieu on t9.
Why is he so weak? its HP points are the lowest with a literally weak shield, better armor and HP has the kronstand cruisers and the alaska and both cruisers T9.

Another negative point main guns:
JEAN BART: 381MM
IOWA: 406MM
MISSOURI: 406MM
FDG: 420MM
IZUMO: 410MM
MUSASHI: 460MM
LION: 419MM

another negative point
the jean bart is in the only blind ship it does not have:
RADAR
AIRPLANE
HYDRO

another negative point more, the secondary ones that have a short range, unlike the alsace the jean bart has less rank of secondary and that that does not count on a battery number 3 as it has the alsace making it weaker.

[1RD]
Members
66 posts
6,559 battles

I just got mine last week after saving up enough coal, and I'm really liking her.  Granted, I play strictly Co-Op, but I digress.  The best way for me to describe the Jean-Bart is that it is like an Alsace with no rear turret, but with a slightly better version of the République's anit-aircraft suite.  She is not the aggressive brawler that the Rep is, but plays almost identical to Alsace & Richelieu:  A lancer, that can time its turn to minimize exposing its broadside, then steam away at an angle, throwing 15-inch shells over its shoulder while staying within secondary battery range (which, when equipped with Secondary Battery Mod 2, AFT, and the proper flag, will reach out to 10.6 km).  Equipping Manual FC for Secondaries & IFHE turns her into the same flame throwing monster that Alsace is, just shorter ranged.  A big minus is her inability to spot anything for herself, with no Radar or Spotter/Fighter Plane.

[SPTR]
Members
26,569 posts
12,505 battles

me in Jean Bart and Divmate in Alsace

shot-19.04.02_22.21.39-0345.jpg?width=99

shot-19.04.02_22.34.21-0660.jpg?width=99