You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NovaCenturio

Halp plz

17 comments in this topic

[BIA]
[BIA]
Members
11 posts
980 battles

Basically, I have been taking a break from this for 6 months or so and I just returned. I am now really bad at the game (or maybe I was always this bad). Any tips and tricks? 

P.S: I am a BB player (got the tier 7 german "BB")

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,733 posts
10,984 battles

Treat the game like you had just started, go back to the beginning and only move up when you are doing well with that ship/type.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
7,635 battles
  • Wolf, just being honest ok. At 630 battles you are not ready for a tier 7 BB. Especially the German ones Drop back down to tier 5 and get some experience. Go watch some videos and stuff. When you play a 7 you can be uptiered to some of the best guys out there. Work your captain up also in points. 
  •  
  •  
  • th?id=OIP.RtGeszUb-yjGTAhAJ1YJnwHaHu&pid

[DES23]
Alpha Tester
1,207 posts
4,951 battles

Bad how? Are you dying to quickly? Not getting enough damage in a game? Always find yourself chasing the action? Different symptoms have different solutions. If you had the experience to get there then you belong. It never hurts to gain more but toiling in the lower tiers isn't necessarily the best way to go about it, especially since many ships and ship types, nations etc play differently from one another and you really don't always get a taste of their real flavor until you hit 7 or 8. This is especially true for the germans. In your case the Gneisenau is very different than the ships that came before it so it'll take some adjustment. 

• Cool 1

[N-W-T]
Members
1,419 posts
6,014 battles

Do you use the dynamic crosshair (you should) and know how to aim based on your shell travel time?  Watch the video below.  One correction to his video:  he states that the lead is based on a target travelling 20knots.  With the dynamic crosshair the travel time is based on a ship doing 30knots.  The standard crosshair bases it on 20knots. 

Edited by DouglasMacAwful
  • Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Members
8,933 posts
4,184 battles

I'd say go back to Kolberg and start again.  But this time, take a side trip and go up the Cruiser and DDs lines for a while.  Focusing on one ship type only doesn't make you good in those ships, it sets your tunnel vision in stone.  You need to know what's going on in the other guy's brain.  Then you can kill him.

• Cool 1

[BIA]
[BIA]
Members
11 posts
980 battles

Thank you all for replying! I will consider all of your advices and follow them.

Once again, thank ya'll so much :D

[WOLF9]
Members
8,933 posts
4,184 battles

Did you get goodies from WG for coming back?

[WOLF9]
Members
8,933 posts
4,184 battles

Well, good luck and don't hesitate to ask more questions. 

BTW, regarding my advice, I re-rolled an entire account and went back to Level 1 to retrain.  I'm sure it's helped my high-tier game even though I haven't gotten to Tier V there yet.

• Cool 1

[BIA]
[BIA]
Members
11 posts
980 battles
1 hour ago, Ghostdog1355 said:
  • Wolf, just being honest ok. At 630 battles you are not ready for a tier 7 BB. Especially the German ones Drop back down to tier 5 and get some experience. Go watch some videos and stuff. When you play a 7 you can be uptiered to some of the best guys out there. Work your captain up also in points. 
  •  
  •  
  • th?id=OIP.RtGeszUb-yjGTAhAJ1YJnwHaHu&pid

I understand your concerns. However, when I was playing my tier 7 BB (before I took that long break), I felt competant enough in uptiered battles. One time (before I left)  I was in a game where I was uptiered to a tier 9 battle, and I not only survived, but did pretty well in it.

However, I will go back to tier 5 battles (since that makes sense to go back and practice more) and practice from there. Though, I doubt it would be any use if I want to play the tier 7 BB (because the Gneisenau plays very differently than the Konig). 

But thank you for replying and helpin :D

Edited by Wolf_on_PC

[BIA]
[BIA]
Members
11 posts
980 battles
14 hours ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

If you take an extended break from this game you need to start at low levels again, cuz you will have lost alot trust me!

Thanks for replyin :D  I will return to tier 5 battles for more practice. Though, like I said to Ghostdog1355, I am skeptical that playing in tier 5 battles would help with me using a tier 7 battleship that plays alot more differently than Konig.

Bt

but I do trust your judgment and will go back to lower tiers, thanks again for replying :D

Edited by Wolf_on_PC

[BIA]
[BIA]
Members
11 posts
980 battles
47 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

Bad how? Are you dying to quickly? Not getting enough damage in a game? Always find yourself chasing the action? Different symptoms have different solutions. If you had the experience to get there then you belong. It never hurts to gain more but toiling in the lower tiers isn't necessarily the best way to go about it, especially since many ships and ship types, nations etc play differently from one another and you really don't always get a taste of their real flavor until you hit 7 or 8. This is especially true for the germans. In your case the Gneisenau is very different than the ships that came before it so it'll take some adjustment. 

I believe that I am bad at positioning my ship and moving it effectively. Back then, I knew where to go and how to eliminate enemies quickly without being overwhelmed, but I am no longer like that... 

Edited by Wolf_on_PC

[BIA]
[BIA]
Members
11 posts
980 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Treat the game like you had just started, go back to the beginning and only move up when you are doing well with that ship/type.

That sounds like it would work, but I doubt that the experience gained from "starting over" would help me get better with the tier 7 BB Gneisenau (because that ship plays very diffently from its previous counterparts). But I will give it a shot. Thanks for replyin and helpin :D

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,733 posts
10,984 battles
30 minutes ago, Wolf_on_PC said:

That sounds like it would work, but I doubt that the experience gained from "starting over" would help me get better with the tier 7 BB Gneisenau (because that ship plays very diffently from its previous counterparts). But I will give it a shot. Thanks for replyin and helpin :D

It will if you don't rush, patience young padawn.

• Cool 1

[DES23]
Alpha Tester
1,207 posts
4,951 battles
5 hours ago, Wolf_on_PC said:

I believe that I am bad at positioning my ship and moving it effectively. Back then, I knew where to go and how to eliminate enemies quickly without being overwhelmed, but I am no longer like that... 

Don't let people tell you you're not good enough yet or that you shouldn't be playing in the tiers you're at. Bottom line is you play for your own amusement so do what you think is fun. Plus the only way you can really learn to play a ship is to practice with said ship. The Gneisenau is a fun but strange beast. I would follow the cruisers and post up between capture points. Maybe if you're lucky they'll play a little more aggressively. Hang back a little for the first five minutes then wade in and brawl. If you're specced for secondaries it gets really fun.

If you want to division sometime add me in the game and let me know. It might make it easier to conquer the learning curve and have fun in the process. There's no shame in knowing you can improve, in fact you'd be hard pressed to find someone who can't. It's the ones who think they have it all figured out and everyone else is the problem that really suck the fun out of the game.

• Cool 1