You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

What is the next collection - and next campaign?

21 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,844 posts

So I did indeed play the anime collection so I could obtain the permanent camo for the Yamato. Nice bonuses for pretty much nothing but collecting things. I'm on the fifth phase of the Halsey campaign and hope to complete it soon. 

So - any word on what's coming next? Anyone? 

I like the two flag options you can get... so when are they coming for other nations? tiafyc

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,391 posts
3,052 battles

Dasha and alena patches <3

[DES23]
Alpha Tester
1,207 posts
4,951 battles

Barring holidays, anniversaries and special events; the next national campaign should focus on the germans.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,765 posts
18,135 battles

A big, whole collection and campaign about the campaigns and exploits of German Naval Aviation and the battles Graf Zeppelin participated in.

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,804 posts
7,044 battles
2 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

So I did indeed play the anime collection so I could obtain the permanent camo for the Yamato. Nice bonuses for pretty much nothing but collecting things. I'm on the fifth phase of the Halsey campaign and hope to complete it soon. 

I like the two flag options you can get... so when are they coming for other nations? tiafyc

What was the unlock/start condition for this one? Missed it and am kicking myself.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,441 posts
20,372 battles

Eventually you will see collection or campaign designed for every nation to get the ability to fly two flags. That is pretty much a given. How quickly/frequently they are added is the real question. I imagine they will come around once or twice a year now that they are going that direction, probably in combination with a new tech tree line added to the game. Would make sense. Older collections can be started thru the Arsenal feature and imagine they will eventually get around to adding most of them there. I doubt they will add all of them since some where themed events like birthday or anniversary collections. I could be wrong though, just guessing. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,844 posts
20 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What was the unlock/start condition for this one? Missed it and am kicking myself.

Try this..

Could be closed by now, dunno... 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,844 posts

I like the idea of a German collection... and a campaign so I can fly two flags on me German ships.

1 hour ago, Durer_USSR said:

Thanks much @Durer_USSR those are some very nice graphic images. Look like there could be some fun missions in there too. 

[NWNG]
Members
2,819 posts
4,680 battles
3 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

That Haifuri camo is the only reason my first Battleship line is IJN. only up to tier 5. My BB play needs some serious work.

3rd anniversary is the next collection. After that, it's anyone's guess.

As for nation specific that'll allow us to mount two flags, I predict the following order:
1. German
2. UK
3. USSR
4. France
5. Pan-Asian

when those come to us, is who knows when. Probably the German one next year.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,844 posts

Hmm... I think if the Germans are the next campaign, it might be prior to next year. Maybe that's just hopeful thinking. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,804 posts
7,044 battles
24 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Try this..

Could be closed by now, dunno... 

It certainly looks closed if you didn't already have a foot in the door. Maybe they will put it into the Arsenal before the licence expires, though given the ultimate prize, I suspect the crates will go for a hefty slab of coal.

[PVE]
Members
14,981 posts
9,575 battles

After the 3rd Anniversary collection, there will probably be a British arc for the DDs. Cossack is still out there to be offered as a prize.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,844 posts
50 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It certainly looks closed if you didn't already have a foot in the door. Maybe they will put it into the Arsenal before the licence expires, though given the ultimate prize, I suspect the crates will go for a hefty slab of coal.

Yea sorry... i do remember folks saying at the time it was a limited time event... thought everyone knew. 

[ALPHA]
Members
191 posts
4,423 battles

I want a German campaign next! WG, give us Wilhelm Franz Canaris! He did a lot in Germany, and should be considered a hero to the allies for his part in resisting against Hitler. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,804 posts
7,044 battles
8 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Cossack is still out there to be offered as a prize.

Considering what we had to go through to get Tier VII BB Duke of York, I cannot begin to imagine what a campaign to get the Tier VIII Cossack would be like. That being said, I think I could have managed North Cape (just) if I'd had even the tech tree ships I have today. I hope it's a North Cape-like structure and not a supercharged Indianapolis Marathon. I'm not sure I can take another one of those this year.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,441 posts
20,372 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Considering what we had to go through to get Tier VII BB Duke of York, I cannot begin to imagine what a campaign to get the Tier VIII Cossack would be like. That being said, I think I could have managed North Cape (just) if I'd had even the tech tree ships I have today. I hope it's a North Cape-like structure and not a supercharged Indianapolis Marathon. I'm not sure I can take another one of those this year.

I agree, it got really old pretty quickly. Adding grind to the never ending grind is a bit much.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,804 posts
7,044 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

it got really old pretty quickly

For me it didn't, because it was the first one I'd ever completed (yay!), but I'm not one of those players who's good enough to breeze through the tasks at a routine level of play; it was quite an effort to finish. Yamamoto I cheated on by buying the Steam Ishizuchi bundle that had a couple of Yamamoto crates, Dunkirk I started with a crate in the anniversary tasks earlier this year and finished with coal crates, and I'm currently working on Bismarck with coal crates also (I may not climb the German BB line for an age, but it'll be nice to have the camos ready).

I don't know whether I want to bother with the French collection; the crates are fiendishly expensive for someone who can't guarantee to grind out three resource containers every night, and the French are not my main line so I don't need Jean-Jacque Honore as badly as I needed Jack Dunkirk.

9 hours ago, Herr_Reitz said:

do remember folks saying at the time it was a limited time event... thought everyone knew. 

Memo to self - if WG offers you something for free, TAKE IT. I think I didn't sign up for this one because I had no HSF ships and figured what's the point. Damn fool me! :Smile_facepalm:

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,844 posts
7 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Memo to self - if WG offers you something for free, TAKE IT. I think I didn't sign up for this one because I had no HSF ships and figured what's the point. Damn fool me! :Smile_facepalm:

Yup... that's about the gist of it... i was the same way but someone said something about the collection, i went and read about it and thought, yea, permanent camo, sure ;-)