Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BrianX243

Fix T8 MM

44 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

0
[MURE]
Members
2 posts
609 battles

T8 regularly sees T10 where the power difference between T9 and T10 is significantly larger than the diff between T8 and 9. I regularly get games in my NC where there are 70% T10s, 20% T8s and only 10% T9s. I'd be cool with T8 being in Tier 9 max and Tier 7 minimum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,068
[-BRS-]
Members
2,612 posts
15,998 battles
9 minutes ago, BrianX243 said:

T8 regularly sees T10 where the power difference between T9 and T10 is significantly larger than the diff between T8 and 9. I regularly get games in my NC where there are 70% T10s, 20% T8s and only 10% T9s. I'd be cool with T8 being in Tier 9 max and Tier 7 minimum. 

 Your day late  You just missed that topic that was a good poop storm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
549
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,270 battles

Listen, and understand! Bottom Tier and Top Tier is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear! And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!

If my Richelieu can pen a Yamato (and she can), then Tier VIII is fine. It is up to you to find a way to win.

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,556 battles
16 minutes ago, BrianX243 said:

T8 regularly sees T10 where the power difference between T9 and T10 is significantly larger than the diff between T8 and 9. I regularly get games in my NC where there are 70% T10s, 20% T8s and only 10% T9s. I'd be cool with T8 being in Tier 9 max and Tier 7 minimum. 

MM isn't broken. T8s do just fine against tier 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
953
[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,375 posts
3,052 battles

Tier 8s can do anything and everything to tier 10s. This isnt wot where you are actually pretty useless because you cant penetrate armor. Torps and fires are not tier reliant, and everything that uses penetrations as damage (battleships), have large enough guns to pen anything they meet. 

 

Tier isnt a huge deal in ships (as much as in wot and other games)

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
549
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,270 battles
14 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Tier 8s can do anything and everything to tier 10s. This isnt wot where you are actually pretty useless because you cant penetrate armor. Torps and fires are not tier reliant, and everything that uses penetrations as damage (battleships), have large enough guns to pen anything they meet. 

 

Tier isnt a huge deal in ships (as much as in wot and other games)

With how Match Maker is now, Tier is not that big of a deal. Now if it was Tier I vs Tier X, then yes that is a problem but it isn't like that anymore. Otherwise...

WoT or WT

M3 Sturat or M24 Chaffee Tank vs Tiger or Panther Tank

Good luck!!!

WoWS

Fubuki vs Bismarck

Asashio vs Yamato

We got this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,167
[TBW]
Members
7,517 posts
13,792 battles
16 minutes ago, Super_S1X said:

MM isn't broken. T8s do just fine against tier 10.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they do just fine, manage maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
740
[TDRB]
Members
2,647 posts
7,630 battles

I would like to be top tier more often when I play T8 too. But I think getting a 19pt commander will help my performance when I am over tiered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,632
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,967 posts
11,303 battles

Lets not forget the XP boost when bottom tier. I would not want to give that up. MM is fine.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,796
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,733 posts
10,984 battles
27 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I would like to be top tier more often when I play T8 too. But I think getting a 19pt commander will help my performance when I am over tiered.

Lert's experiment has tier 8 being top or middle tier 55% of the time and just like with his tier 5 experiment it seems that the tier above the one that gets all the attention is actually the one that takes it on the chin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
194
[-BRS-]
Members
516 posts
22,209 battles

sometimes you just gotta fight the bigger kids to get better. I was smacking T10 dds in my Akizuki the other night.  But Radar, on the other hand, is becoming a bit much in some games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
177
[B2P]
Members
568 posts
15,693 battles

I think about the only thing tier 8's have to complain about is the number of times they are alone, or near alone, at the bottom tier of a match.  I've had many matches where there was only one obligatory tier 8 on each side, with all of the other ships being 9 or 10.  That to me seems to be the only real problem with tier 8 MM.  I refer to those poor souls as the sacrificial tier 8's.  In most other matches the bottom tier is usually more heavily populated than that.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
549
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,270 battles
13 minutes ago, Filthy_Pelican said:

sometimes you just gotta fight the bigger kids to get better. I was smacking T10 dds in my Akizuki the other night.  But Radar, on the other hand, is becoming a bit much in some games. 

Akizuki is probably bigger than some of those Tier X DDs and is much slower than them too. I rather do it in my Asashio. I don't fight the big kids, I avoid them. Though I avoid them in all of my IJN DDs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
740
[TDRB]
Members
2,647 posts
7,630 battles
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Lert's experiment has tier 8 being top or middle tier 55% of the time and just like with his tier 5 experiment it seems that the tier above the one that gets all the attention is actually the one that takes it on the chin.

You stated Lert's experiment uses top & middle tier to achieve the 55%. That leaves 45% of the time as being in the lowest tier. I would think being in the middle tier would be 10% or more of the time. Add that to the 45% of being bottom tiered then you would be over tiered at least 55% of the time. Plus being on the bottom tier 45% of the time would give most people the impression they are always over tiered when driving a T8 ship. I believe most people have the view I expressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,796
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,733 posts
10,984 battles
7 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

You stated Lert's experiment uses top & middle tier to achieve the 55%. That leaves 45% of the time as being in the lowest tier. I would think being in the middle tier would be 10% or more of the time. Add that to the 45% of being bottom tiered then you would be over tiered at least 55% of the time. Plus being on the bottom tier 45% of the time would give most people the impression they are always over tiered when driving a T8 ship. I believe most people have the view I expressed.

That impression that they are always bottom tier is a false impression from confirmation bias that should not be acted on and those people need to be corrected.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,283
[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,481 posts
15,368 battles

@BrianX243 with only 402 battles How the Heck do you have a tier 8 already?

MM is not broken and does not need to be fixed again. I has been much worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

 

Thats more work then want to do lol. But if I had Id already have Seattle :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,343
[YORHA]
Members
4,137 posts
7,140 battles

They are not going to "fix" it because  it is functioning exactly the way they want it to.  They want everyone stuck in tier X. Ranked, Clan Wars (even to the point of  having"rental" ships),  PTS Rewards, MM up-tiering... it is all designed to tempt or force people to play higher/highest tiers.

Why?  I have no idea.  But there is no other conclusion I can see.

Edited by JCC45

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,319
[WOLFG]
Members
4,707 posts
2,648 battles
1 minute ago, JCC45 said:

They are not going to "fix" it because  it is functioning exactly the way they want it to.  They want everyone stuck in tier X.  Clan Wars, Ranked, MM up-tiering... it is all designed to force people to play higher/highest tiers.

Why?  I have no idea.  But there is no other conclusion I can see.

Why? because good players can make bank at tier 10.  Others have to spend money.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
33 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@BrianX243 with only 402 battles How the Heck do you have a tier 8 already?

Thats a good question. Since it's a NC and not a Cleveland. That's some very successful grinding. :cap_cool:

 

Actually after adding up all my battleships and cruisers going back through the tree to tier 1. I've done 230 battles and I'm only 25k from NC myself. So it could be done.

Edited by Sped_Gax
Addition info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
549
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,270 battles

Here is a solution. We will skip Tier XI and create Tier XII. This way, we can complain about Tier X being bottom tier to Tier XII.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×