Femennenly

World of Warships and PAX West 2018

52 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator
935 posts
13,649 battles

Heyo Captains

I've been a few years since we've sailed up up the West Coast of the States to PAX West, but I'm pleased to announce that both @TragicLoss and I will be in attendance this year from Aug 31 - Sep 3, 2018.

During the Convention:

1. We will be loaded with swag to hand out on the show floor. 
  2. Find us daily to collect your free swag items.
  3. Keep an eye on the official World of Warships Twitter and Instagram for special events we'll be having across the weekend. 

Unofficial Community Meetup:

• On Saturday the 1st of September at 5pm through 7pm you'll be able to meet up with us at "Elephant and Castle"!
  • We'll be available to shoot the ship with you, but you'll have to buy your own drinks/food! 
  • Don't worry, we will provide the swag.
  • First come, first serve to sit with us. 

We can't wait to meet you all!

Fem,

• Cool 10

[RRC]
WoWS Community Contributors, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
833 posts
6,836 battles

Are you guys doing any kind of after party event? I live in the area but dont have a badge for pax. also just call me if you need a fletcher demo done ;)

• Cool 1

[MIA-P]
Members
2,173 posts
10,888 battles

Drat my being stuck in Utah!  I remember the Let's Battle event from a few years back in Seattle (when I used to live in WA).  Good fun, that.

[RQL]
Privateers
241 posts
10,023 battles

Any other live things planned in the near future? Been wanting to do one for awhile and GenCon lost year just wasn't enough.  

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
274 posts
6,824 battles
42 minutes ago, TheBigM145 said:

Any other live things planned in the near future? Been wanting to do one for awhile and GenCon lost year just wasn't enough.  

Speaking of GenCon, it's 12 months to the next one, and it's centrally located, so how about that for a Wargaming event?  

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
636 posts
4,636 battles
6 hours ago, Femennenly said:

Heyo Captains

I've been a few years since we've sailed up up the West Coast of the States to PAX West, but I'm pleased to announce that both @TragicLoss and I will be in attendance this year from Aug 31 - Sep 3, 2018.

We will be loaded with swag to hand out on the show floor. Find us daily to collect your free swag items, and keep an eye on the official World of Warships Twitter for special events we'll be having across the weekend. 

We will keep you up to date with all details here as we have them

We can't wait to meet you all!

Fem,

Yea for legit reasons to stalk Fem and TL around the WSCC!  Just kidding can’t wait to meet you both!

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
636 posts
4,636 battles
5 hours ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

Drat my being stuck in Utah!  I remember the Let's Battle event from a few years back in Seattle (when I used to live in WA).  Good fun, that.

Yes the tank crushing and ride along was awesome. Was hoping for similar this year but GREAT that WG is back at PAX

[RQL]
Privateers
241 posts
10,023 battles
3 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Speaking of GenCon, it's 12 months to the next one, and it's centrally located, so how about that for a Wargaming event?  

Don't know about this year (wasn't there) but they were at GenCon 2017 teamed up with a minis company (can't remember which). I got a sweet t-shirt and dinner, but couldn't make the presentations because of my GenCon work schedule. 

[-K-]
Members
6,269 posts
10,480 battles

@Femennenly Have the Let's Battle Tours been completely shut down, or is it just a temporary thing?

[WGA]
-Members-, Beta Testers
7 posts
789 battles
19 hours ago, Capt_Rye said:

Are you guys doing any kind of after party event? I live in the area but dont have a badge for pax. also just call me if you need a fletcher demo done ;)

@Capt_Rye no after party, but we'd possibly like to see if people want to meet us for Lunch or Dinner! (We can't pay for everyone else, but we'd like people to join us and hang out!)

@Femennenly now to decide the food...

[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
191 posts
9,514 battles

I live in Seattle so I can meet you for lunch or dinner. And holler if you need something while you are visiting.

[MIA-I]
Privateers
1,250 posts
12,376 battles
7 hours ago, TragicLoss said:

@Capt_Rye no after party, but we'd possibly like to see if people want to meet us for Lunch or Dinner! (We can't pay for everyone else, but we'd like people to join us and hang out!)

There are a number of great places to eat nearby, not perhaps as great as Austin, but decent.

[NDA]
Supertester, Beta Testers
968 posts
8,279 battles

I also live in Seattle and would like to meet up for lunch or dinner if enough are also interested.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
636 posts
4,636 battles
12 hours ago, TragicLoss said:

I request a late lunch / early dinner to deconflict with my standing in line with 10k strangers for two hours to play a 5 min demo of a game I don’t know anything about to get cool collectible metal pin to wear on my gamer cred lanyard

• Funny 1

[-V1-]
Members
365 posts
6,339 battles

Does WoW's ever do anything in Las Vegas, NV???    If so please put me on the list to notify of it.   THANKS!  dbw86.

[RRC]
WoWS Community Contributors, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
833 posts
6,836 battles
On 8/7/2018 at 7:42 AM, TragicLoss said:

I work Friday and Saturday but I'm free after 4pm starting Saturday so a lunch or dinner of Sunday/Monday or dinner of Saturday. I know a few good places to eat near the convention center. 

[WGA]
Administrator
935 posts
13,649 battles
On 8/7/2018 at 8:31 AM, Ace_04 said:

@Femennenly Have the Let's Battle Tours been completely shut down, or is it just a temporary thing?

Keep a weathered eye on the horizon my friend, you never know what you’ll see...

[LF]
Members
147 posts
4 hours ago, VictorVonTzeentch said:

Awesome, I'll be there on the 31st so I'll have to keep an eye out for you.

If you were responding to me, I'm just saying that I could make it in early November to Wilmington to see the North Carolina. I've seen a lot of museum ships (including the Massachusetts) but I've never seem the "Showboat" and its on my bucket list. Early November is out of the normal hurricane season (note I said normal) so is probably safer as far as weather is concerned.

• Cool 1

[-RNG-]
Members
4 posts
4,173 battles
2 minutes ago, n5bar said:

If you were responding to me, I'm just saying that I could make it in early November to Wilmington to see the North Carolina. I've seen a lot of museum ships (including the Massachusetts) but I've never seem the "Showboat" and its on my bucket list. Early November is out of the normal hurricane season (note I said normal) so is probably safer as far as weather is concerned.

Sorry lol, I was more meaning that I'll be at PAX. Probably should have been more clear. Ironically, I will probably also be in North Carolina in November.