You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
gustavo123337

Some news about DDs armor fix?

53 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
25 posts
2,614 battles

I was rushing a Missouri with my Minsk (the misso was rushing a cap, going full yolo no fuc*s given) I pop from the corner of the island while having my engine boost.

He aims at me (of course AP loaded) fires and pens me so hard that I instantly lost 90% of HP. Died 3 mins later because of hydro... 

Spoiler

ezgif-5-e46e101daa.gif

So WG when you plan to fix this? It is so frustrating for me as a DD player that loves to be aggressive! 

Thanks for the comments guys!! 

• Cool 1

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,393 posts
12,055 battles

So you YOLO'ed a Missouri, ate 16" shells for 90% of your health, and now you want WG to fix exactly WHAT?  :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Supertester
20,716 posts
14,138 battles

That's predictable when you give him the entire length of your ship for his shells to arm and detonate inside you. If you'd been less angled, his shells would've just gone through and through and done overpen damage at best.

• Cool 4

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,386 posts
3,052 battles

Maybe dont rush battleships bow on? Just more armor to pen. Side shots usuly over pen, but bow on is just meat to arm ap fuses

Edited by _1204_
  • Boring 1

Members
4,123 posts
8,680 battles
11 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

So you YOLO'ed a Missouri, ate 16" shells for 90% of your health, and now you want WG to fix exactly WHAT?  :Smile_facepalm:

11 minutes ago, Lert said:

That's predictable when you give him the entire length of your ship for his shells to arm and detonate inside you. If you'd been less angled, his shells would've just gone through and through and done overpen damage at best.

11 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

Maybe dont rush battleships bow on? Just more armor to pen. Side shots usuly over pen, but now on is just meat to arm ap fuses

All of the Above:Smile_great:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[CTF80]
[CTF80]
Members
4,393 posts
12,055 battles
5 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

All of the Above:Smile_great:

Ah, so you are a forum troll.  Well played....

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
10,774 posts

So you Leeroy Jenkins a BB who has turrets aimed in your direction and knows you are coming and whine about taking massive damage?

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,386 posts
3,052 battles

Sorry but just the logic in this is making me giggle. 

"He shot me when I was sailing straight toward a battleship  2 tiers higher and 10x my size!"

[WOLF7]
Members
11,580 posts

I know the OP is trying to tell us something, but for the life of me, I have no idea what......:Smile_glasses:

[O7]
Members
600 posts
14,499 battles
14 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I know the OP is trying to tell us something, but for the life of me, I have no idea what......:Smile_glasses:

This is what he is saying: " i.want to be able to rush, torp, and kill a full hp higher tier battleship"  I also don't want the battleship to be able to stop me when I charge him down.  Is that about right?

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
1,329 posts
11,213 battles
14 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I think he's trying to say.... no, you're right, I got nothing either. :Smile_sad:

[SIDE]
Members
794 posts
4,216 battles

a Yamato penned my Harekaze the other day. 1/3rd of my HP in a single AP shell. So... Please tell me when. thanks! lol

Edited by Merlox

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,637 posts
11,700 battles

I think this is a fairly fair result.

The only objection I'd have is that not having to switch ammunition type didn't penalize the ship at all, do the same to an Ibuki when he has AP loaded and you'll autobounce most of them and come away smiling - though he's got the reload to swap. USN BB's? Just press '2'.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,386 posts
3,052 battles
3 minutes ago, Merlox said:

a Yamato penned my Harekaze the other day. 1/3rd of my HP in a single AP shell. So... Please tell me when. thanks! lol

I think a good time to stop rushing bbs is right about now....

On second thought, please continue:fish_aqua:

[SIDE]
Members
794 posts
4,216 battles
13 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

I think a good time to stop rushing bbs is right about now....

On second thought, please continue:fish_aqua:

I was 18 km away. It was a hell of a good shot. But please assume any situation you want.

Never mind, you're just a BB player... So you not wanting to swap ammo types makes way more sense.

Edited by Merlox
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[AK-47]
Members
206 posts
4,248 battles

Maybe adding a 50mm bow armor at the front of the DDs, so you can bounce Yamato shells and play aggressive.

Alright, no joking. I play mostly BBs and it's gonna be easier to rush a BB after it fires it's main guns or when the guns are pointing at wrong direction.

It takes forever for those guns to turn and if you have the speed boost and stay close enough, the guns probably will never catch you. And don't show a large profile to the secondaries so you take less damage.

I kind of think it is a bit too much that allow BB to pen DD, cause it is possible to kill the DD with one salvo if you are lucky enough at close range. Overpens should be fine since they only deal around 1k damage.

[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles
1 hour ago, gustavo123337 said:

I was rushing a Missouri with my Minsk (the misso was rushing a cap, going full yolo no fuc*s given) I pop from the corner of the island while having my engine boost.

He aims at me (of course AP loaded) fires and pens me so hard that I instantly lost 90% of HP. Died 3 mins later because of hydro... 

Reveal hidden contents

ezgif-5-e46e101daa.gif

So WG when you plan to fix this? It is so frustrating for me as a DD player that loves to be aggressive! 

Thanks for the comments guys!! 

I could possibly agree to DD armor getting buffed or something if DD Torps could no longer cause detonations on my BBs...  Lol you have to remember it is a 2 way street, BBs can hurt a DD if they are close enough and DDs can certainly hurt BBs at times even with a single well placed Torpedo hit. So I would say things are even.

And what posses you to yolo rush a Radar equipped Missouri?!?!?

[AK-47]
Members
206 posts
4,248 battles
9 minutes ago, Merlox said:

I was 18 km away. It was a hell of a good shot. But please assume any situation you want.

It's gonna take more than 6s for shells to land at 18km away... you can doge it with WASD in most of the cases. I won't bother shooting at a DD that is 18Km away since it is really really unlikely to hit. (But I do think WG should get rid of normal pens or make it really unlikely to happen)

[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles
4 minutes ago, Tom_Lin said:

Maybe adding a 50mm bow armor at the front of the DDs, so you can bounce Yamato shells and play aggressive.

Alright, no joking. I play mostly BBs and it's gonna be easier to rush a BB after it fires it's main guns or when the guns are pointing at wrong direction.

It takes forever for those guns to turn and if you have the speed boost and stay close enough, the guns probably will never catch you. And don't show a large profile to the secondaries so you take less damage.

I kind of think it is a bit too much that allow BB to pen DD, cause it is possible to kill the DD with one salvo if you are lucky enough at close range. Overpens should be fine since they only deal around 1k damage.

In real life 1 BB shell often even from a secondary gun hit could often sink a DD, in WOWs DDs often are able to take several main gun hits.

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,386 posts
3,052 battles
15 minutes ago, Merlox said:

Never mind, you're just a BB player... So you not wanting to swap ammo types makes way more sense.

Help something hit me, buff my armor

[AK-47]
Members
206 posts
4,248 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I could possibly agree to DD armor getting buffed or something if DD Torps could no longer cause detonations on my BBs...  Lol you have to remember it is a 2 way street, BBs can hurt a DD if they are close enough and DDs can certainly hurt BBs at times even with a single well placed Torpedo hit. So I would say things are even.

And what posses you to yolo rush a Radar equipped Missouri?!?!?

I don't think most of the BBs stand a good chance if the DD is close enough, the gun simple doesn't turn that fast to catch the DD... if the DD doesn't charge towards where the guns are pointing and get close enough.

[SIDE]
Members
794 posts
4,216 battles
Just now, _1204_ said:

Help something hit me, buff my armor

You obviously don't understand this thread... We're asking for Overpens to work as they should. Not give me more armor...

[-RNG-]
Supertester
2,386 posts
3,052 battles
1 minute ago, Merlox said:

You obviously don't understand this thread... We're asking for Overpens to work as they should. Not give me more armor...

They do work as they should... just because you are lightly armored doesnt mean everything should overpen you

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles
2 minutes ago, Tom_Lin said:

I don't think most of the BBs stand a good chance if the DD is close enough, the gun simple doesn't turn that fast to catch the DD... if the DD doesn't charge towards where the guns are pointing and get close enough.

Gun traverse is often not the only thing to worry about, you have to consider Rudder shift, turning radius, and the turret travers. Since some captains with accelerate getting guns on target by turning their ship. 

[SIDE]
Members
794 posts
4,216 battles
3 minutes ago, _1204_ said:

They do work as they should... just because you are lightly armored doesnt mean everything should overpen you

That's not what I'm saying at all.... if you actually read... a YAMATO penned me with a plunging shot. This goes back to your first problem that you assume every thing.