You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
StoptheViolins

Spend Doubloons, Get a T-61

189 comments in this topic

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
1,956 posts

Not live on NA but here's a sneak peak on the EU site..

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/special/t-time/

EDIT NA Site now live...

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/early-access/

The general idea is to spend 25k doubloons in-game and get the ship a week early.

As a whale I've spent 25k doubloons already, but no word if this a retro active thing or not.  I'd vote NOT.

EDIT:

Only doubloons spent during the next 3 days will count.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,733 posts
14,175 battles

Obligatory "WG EU is its own entity, separate from WG NA, and there is no reason to assume specials will be the same across servers." In fact, they usually aren't.

Be nice if they were, but ...

[SQUAD]
Members
8,146 posts
8,416 battles

So, triple, if not quadruple how much it actually costs, and you get it a week early. LOL. I wonder how many will fall for that?

• Cool 2

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,064 posts
5,836 battles

i'm gonna wait for her to hit the prem shop,thank you very much.

[HYDRO]
Members
3,019 posts
4,612 battles

Oh, so the gamescom tradition of announcing German stuff continues. Lol  at the spend 25k doubloons for early unlock.

[LOU1]
Members
3,614 posts
9,583 battles

Good deal if you were already planning on spending 25k doubloons on something already.  The ship, Campos, and flags would be free bonuses.  I won’t be doing it because I don’t have doubloons just lying around like that - or anything to spend them on.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,777 posts
10,986 battles
9 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

So, triple, if not quadruple how much it actually costs, and you get it a week early. LOL. I wonder how many will fall for that?

Actually about double the ship + port slot cost but the Type 59's & the signal flags bring that down but either way that $100 you are spending is more than the package would sell for straight up. It is a good deal if you had planned on spending those dollars/doubloons but not if you didn't and as Lert pointed out what the EU gets is usually different than what we get and vice versa, the grass always looks greener on the other side of the fence.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,788 posts
3,942 battles

Just as a heads-up for those who have been suffering severe withdrawals regarding T-61, EU has a confirmed her release date for their server.

EDIT: Now confirmed on NA too.

Early access for players who spend up to 25k Doubloons within the spending period (converting FXP, buying Permacamo or Ports or Captain Reserves).

[NA] Spend Doubloons and get T-61 One Week Early!
(EDIT: Revised Link to NA)

Spend Doubloons and get T-61!

VI T-61's homecoming is finally on the horizon! Get early access to the coveted German Destroyer a full week before the official release on the Premium Shop!

Here's how it works: For three days only, depending on the number of Doubloons you spend in-game, you will receive tiered rewards. Spend enough Doubloons and you will get VI T-61 in your port this Friday 10 August, along with her special flag!

[YT] Armada: T-61 || World of Warships

T-61 credited: Fri. Aug. 10

T-61 sale starts: Fri. Aug. 17

Yes, it's a Doubloon SPENDING deal. To try and drain some of the stockpiled Doubloons in-game.

EU and NA confirmed thus far.

Edited by YamatoA150

[OGRES]
[OGRES]
Beta Testers
569 posts
14,145 battles

I too, will wait for the around $20 version to hit the shop.  I am happy to finally see T-61 coming albeit very late to the party.  I could have used this when I was grinding the German dd line.

[OGRES]
[OGRES]
Beta Testers
569 posts
14,145 battles

I would suggest checking the news page it is right at the top, it is coming to NA.  EU page just announced it sooner.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,788 posts
3,942 battles
Just now, Black_Sheep9 said:

I would suggest checking the news page it is right at the top, it is coming to NA.  EU page just announced it sooner.

It wasn't there 6 minutes ago when I was making the thread. But I do plan to update it regardless.

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
416 posts
12,757 battles

I wonder if Free XP conversion would count?

[5IN]
Supertester
1,984 posts
9,202 battles

I don't think $100USD in dubloons is worth it for any ship.  I want it, but will wait until its available via normal means.

B

Members
581 posts
5,144 battles

It's on the NA site now.  I'm guessing WG has determined too many folks are sitting on doubloons.  Or, they have seriously overvalued the demand they created by holding onto it so long.  Either way, while I'm appreciative they are offering a means to get it early, this is a bit much.  Well...more than bit...as in...really? 

Members
111 posts
920 battles

when I get this right, if you spend more then 25000 doubloons ingame, you will get the t61 for free to keep, or just as a loaner until official prem shop sale starts?

what should we spend those doubloons on though? they removed graf spee from techtree, so there is one missing that i could spend doubloons on. one that i really wanted as well

[HINON]
Members
10,787 posts
2 minutes ago, Uber_Ghost said:

It's on the NA site now.  I'm guessing WG has determined too many folks are sitting on doubloons.  Or, they have seriously overvalued the demand they created by holding onto it so long.  Either way, while I'm appreciative they are offering a means to get it early, this is a bit much.  Well...more than bit...as in...really? 

I'm sitting on 55k doubloons thanks to winning a contest but I'm not sure there are enough in game items I'm ready to buy that would take me to 25k doubloons spent in 3 days. I mean I could only see it if I had perma camos I wanted for a bunch of T10s but I don't have that many needing camos at the moment.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,794 posts
5,102 battles
3 minutes ago, Uber_Ghost said:

..as in...really? 

Deserving of a "Really?, with Seth and Amy" segment, really.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,867 posts
21,379 battles

So I only need to spend... 100$ to get a 23$ T6 DD a week earlier?

Sorry, I have nearly 25k gold but I keep it for the end of the year.

[HINON]
Members
10,787 posts

I suppose you could spend a bunch of doubloons in game on premium time if it's a good enough deal and you need more.

[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
257 posts
9,510 battles

So spend $100 bucks in doubloons, get some camo, signals and a $30 ship... NAH, I'll wait till it goes on sale, I neither need the flags or signals....

[FACT]
Members
402 posts
3,957 battles
5 minutes ago, Uber_Ghost said:

...I'm guessing WG has determined too many folks are sitting on doubloons.  Or, they have seriously overvalued the demand they created by holding onto it so long...

Well, TBH, I do have 214k, in in-game doubloons at the moment, thanks to the last 2 Xmas container events, duplicate ships received, and doubloons awarded for in-game challenges, containers, etc.

If only I was a DD kind if guy...

[ARGSY]
Members
10,904 posts
7,074 battles
26 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Good deal if you were already planning on spending 25k doubloons on something already.  

This is EXACTLY the point. Nobody is forcing you to spend the money... but if you were going to anyway, why not now?

On the other hand, those who have been screaming and crying for the T-61 can rest easy at last. Your prayers are answered!

[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
257 posts
9,510 battles
1 minute ago, ARandomClaymore said:

Well, TBH, I do have 214k, in in-game doubloons at the moment, thanks to the last 2 Xmas container events, duplicate ships received, and doubloons awarded for in-game challenges, containers, etc.

If only I was a DD kind if guy...

I had an abundance... ended up getting 600 days of prem and converted like 2 million XP lol still have bout 10k